More ACC assistant coach salaries

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
UNC -

Following a successful 7-6 season in 2019, UNC is continuing to prove its commitment to football by increasing the assistant coach staff salary pool this offseason. New special teams coordinator/outside linebackers coach Jovan Dewitt signed a three-year deal worth $500,000 annually. The details of new tight ends coach John Lilly’s contract have yet to be disclosed. Offensive line coach Stacy Searels also earned $300,00 in 2019, although his pay will increase to $460,000 for the 2020-21 seasons. Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Phil Longo and co-defensive coordinator/safeties coach Jay Bateman earned $600,000 in 2019. Co-defensive coordinator/inside linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen earned $500,000. Running backs coach Robert Gillespie also received $400,000, which matched the salaries of wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway and former tight ends coach Tim Brewster.

Multiple sources indicate that Bateman, Longo and Hess received significant pay increases for the 2020 season, which is expected to push UNC’s assistant coach salary pool allotment to well above $5 million for 2020. When compiling the salary information for each Division I program's 10 position coaches, only 17 schools nationally - including a pair of ACC schools in Clemson and Florida State - had assistant coach salary pool allotments totaling $5 million or more in 2019,

Advertisement
UNC is investing some serious cash with Brown at the helm and it's paying off in their recruiting at the very least. I've hated them ever since that year with the downward U taunt, but it's looking like they could the main threat in the Coastal.

UNC is investing some serious cash with Brown at the helm and it's paying off in their recruiting at the very least. I've hated them ever since that year with the downward U taunt, but it's looking like they could the main threat in the Coastal.

They looked like the 2nd best team in the ACC by the time bowl season was complete.

Mack Brown is like the third oldest head coach in all of college football. Dude will be pushing 70 next season. If we're worried about UNC longterm because they've increased their assistant coach salary pool then we've got bigger problems than a basketball school.

Advertisement
Successful 7-6 season?

That’s a phrase you rarely hear.

Larry Fedora and Butch Davis both were basically 7-6 coaches, and neither is very popular in Chapel Hill. Why are they so excited about Brown’s 7-6 season?

Successful 7-6 season?

That’s a phrase you rarely hear.

Larry Fedora and Butch Davis both were basically 7-6 coaches, and neither is very popular in Chapel Hill. Why are they so excited about Brown’s 7-6 season?

i think its still the new coach bump and the bright future with their QB. if they go 7-6 again, it wont be deemed as successful

Advertisement
Back