Mope Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Are you saying Coach Manuelo Diaz is working on deals with coaches still playing in bowl games, while waiting on his current friends on staff to land jobs so he doesn't have to publicly shame with a firing.

DC/LB = Chad Glasgow
Safeties = Banda (stays)
CB = Brandon Shelby
Striker = Patke
Dline = Kevin Patrick

Go Canes
Kevin Patrick isn't a great DL coach lol

Advertisement
The key is our 22’ recruiting class. We need another top 12 class next year. The reality is simple. The top 4 teams are what they are. We need to win 9 games next year. If we can go 9-3 and stack another top class that’ll be progress. It’s all about recruiting.

What we don’t need is to fire Manny then have a recruiting class rank 20th in 22. Break in a new coach and have a gap in recruiting for 2 years. Y’all don’t wanna hear this but Manny having success is the best thing for our program. We need consistency! Let’s find a way to win 9 games a year while recruiting in top 8-12 classes. Let’s just beat the teams we’re supposed to beat every year. Coaching turnover has done nothing for our program over the last 2 decades. I’m sick of the carousel. I like Manny let’s give him time. We’re not beating Bama next year no matter who the coach is. Saban himself couldn’t beat Bama with our team next year lol.

You know what's funny? The fact that so many people feel entitled to know EVERYTHING that's going on with any staff changes. This is about peoples' lives and family. It's not public entertainment no matter how angry or frustrated the fans are. Just get a grip, people
this is a fan site not a campfire to sing kumbaya...these ****** coaches can go **** themselves

If changes were going to happen, we would have heard something already IMO. 8-3 is above expectations at Miami, and that’s how the AD is going to look at it.

We had an excellent season by Blake James standards, and no changes are required

Advertisement
You have to realize one thing... We won a few extra games this year because WE HAVE A KICKER. That is seriously the only difference. You put Jose on the 2019 team and we win 8 games, easy. We also probably lose a game or two this year without him. So, where is the real improvement?
Ppg, QB play, and Oline play. I get your point. We can **** on Manny for Baker Patke and Rumph bad CB recruiting and defensive lapses but u also have to give credit for the good.

Zero hyperbole. This is the best we will ever be or look under him (both record and performance), and it is all because of king. We will get smoked by bama next year and might lose to MSU. Next year is another 7 ish win year. we now all know that mack is Diaz’s daddy, i guess Brown is Cuban. we aren’t even going to win the coastal with Diaz now that Mack is building a good program at unc.

then in 2022 we play both Clemson and TaMu
our schedule by itself says we seriously need to be figuring out who our next coach is going to be, because Diaz will not last here unless 7-8 wins a year is ok. We have already climaxed but it sure doesn’t feel that great...
Totally agree.

If changes are being made, what’s the point of just waiting? There’s no logical reason. All I hear is “have patience” ... hopefully I’m wrong but I’m losing hope to be honest.

Advertisement
Come on now. You’re being too harsh.

Patke almost landed that Texas DT a couple years back. He’s a savage recruiter. Also, his special teams unit is one of the best in the country.

Rumph is a great teacher. His CBs tackled very very against Duke and was a huge reason for that shut out.

Baker’s defense gave up the same amount of yards per play as #1 ranked Alabama. Credit goes to @Go Canes!! for sharing this valuable info with the board.

We are eight wins and three losses! Let’s #runitback

Last edited:
Ppg, QB play, and Oline play. I get your point. We can **** on Manny for Baker Patke and Rumph bad CB recruiting and defensive lapses but u also have to give credit for the good.
Stats were padded in a few games. FSU and Duke in particular. Look at our struggles against UVA, VT, UAB, etc. We were not all that improved.

Yes, our O was a little better, but that isn't saying much. When push came to shove, we got pushed and shoved all over the field.

I am honestly underwhelmed by the O this year. I expected more. Sure, it was better than complete crap, but outside of a few good performances against putrid defences, we really were not that good.

Advertisement
If changes were going to happen, we would have heard something already IMO. 8-3 is above expectations at Miami, and that’s how the AD is going to look at it.

We had an excellent season by Blake James standards, and no changes are required
Manny is more concerned with being nice to his friends than actually getting results

None of it really matters honestly. The higher ups have zero interest in winning big. We'll fire Manny & hire somebody just as bad. We're a fringe top 25 middle of the pack ACC team now. The sooner you accept it the better & more peaceful your sports life will be.

You know what's funny? The fact that so many people feel entitled to know EVERYTHING that's going on with any staff changes. This is about peoples' lives and family. It's not public entertainment no matter how angry or frustrated the fans are. Just get a grip, people
Yeah people...this is about the lives and financial well being of manny‘s friends. We‘ll know when we know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back