Mope Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time next year, Manny will be gone.
Yup. And the geniuses on the BOT will allow BJ to go on the cheap again and hire another scrub....rinse and repeat three to four years later.

if the idiots on the board factored in all the buyout money they would realize they can afford Urban Meyer! But it’s not their priority and they aren’t interested in actually competing w clemson and Bama and OSU so they play this ****** game time and again.

I know I’m not flying to a game until they are serious!!!

Advertisement
Manny isn't going anywhere and anyone with common sense isn't firing a coach going from 6-7 to 8-3

This is what happens when you have too many fans who still think it's 2001.

People like OP hype up a 3-6 FSU AND A 8-3 UF at every chance. They hype up Cristobal, whose team sucked without Herbert.

No coach could live up to the standards CIS has. Losing this game by 3 without King is disappointing, but jesus I can't believe people could cry over it

He won the conference, man. Twice.

If Mario won the ACC once at Miami, we're clapping for this man from our windows as he drives to work like he's an essential worker.

And hire who?

Let's hear your guy. Cristobal was awful this year. You hyped up Norvell lol.

Hire who?
What type of fck boy mentality is this? It’s not our fckin job to hire a coach, we’re fans who are sick of this mediocrity in the program. Manny is not the man, literally NO ONE can dispute that. “Hire who?” .... lmao that is a bizarre statement. That’s the job of the athletic department, not us.

Do you stay with your girlfriend if she’s cheating on you just because you don’t know if you can do better? No, you cut ties as soon as possible.

Advertisement

People like OP hype up a 3-6 FSU AND A 8-3 UF at every chance. They hype up Cristobal, whose team sucked without Herbert.

No coach could live up to the standards CIS has. Losing this game by 3 without King is disappointing, but jesus I can't believe people could cry over it
Put Diaz in Oregon with Herbert and he doesn’t win a single conference. Mario has 2. Keep reaching, moron.

While the WRs are a problem, that is not as bad as the defense has been. Manny is the king of the off-season. Get rid of Baker, Rumph and let them take Patke with them. If Banda wants to leave to Utah bullsht U, fine! He is a good recruiter but Bolden should have lit that kid up on the goal line instead of pulling up. We need to erase this soft attitude on D especially if Diaz wants to run an aggressive D like he has. But give the man a shot at righting the wrong. Baker screwed us for many games this year that Lashlee helped overcome. NC State should never have been close. I can’t imagine what would have happened had we played GT. Manny made a good hire last year on the O side of the ball. Hopefully he does the same on D this year. And if he doesn’t, off with his head! Otherwise, I’m happy that these kids tried to finish. They didn’t quit. Now they need to have a fire lit under their asses from the coin toss. What is the clip peeps post on here with “I’m not afraid of you *****”. That is the way we have to think from now on to keep going in the right direction.
Why can’t we have a coach who’s the king of the on-season?

No, this is what happens when you are ok with losing this game and being shell shocked by 21 early is not that bad. You should put in your resume for AD.

Advertisement
I’m ****ed about last night but hiring a new coach ain’t it. Who the **** are we gonna get? Fans don’t wanna hear this but elite established coaches aren’t coming here. You saw who Auburn landed and their pockets are wayyyy deeper than Miami. We have to give Manny time. Last year he made a hard decision and got rid of everyone on offense. Let’s see what he does on defense

Who to go after? There’s been countless threads on this and numerous great looking candidates. How about guys who’ve done more with less? Or guys already showing very good promise? The real question: would Diaz do as well as the below guys in their given situations? No way in ****.

1. Matt Campbell (too late at this point but could have optimized his value several years ago). Not much needs to be said.

2. Billy Napier (Louisiana Lafayette). Second straight double digit win season. Amazing recruiter and coaches under Saban for years. Just won the conference title.

3. Tom Allen (Indiana)- he took over the worst big ten program and at a basketball school (we are a football school just to refresh your memories) and in a brutal rebuild with a poor recruiting base has turned around their program. Again he is not in the most talent rich area of the country like Diaz.

4. Brett Brennan (San Jose State). He took over maybe a top 5 worst in d1 job and in four years has them ranked and even beating teams like Arkansas last year with a much greater talent disparity.

5.Bill Clark (UAB)- they didn’t even have a program when he took over there. Three losses this year: one to us with a gigantic talent disparity and two others by three points or less. Every year they are very well coached and prepared and get the scraps when it comes to recruits.

6. Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)- small schools but he has been great at turning around programs whenever he’s been somewhere 2 years minimum. It’s not just CCU. He did it at d2 level as well. I’m a big fan of guys who have success in multiple places.

7. Jeff Hafley (bc). NFL experience and had a solid first year at BC. Of their losses this year they were right there with UNC and Notre Dame and for a while had Clemson on the ropes.

8. Sean Lewis (Kent state) completely turning them around in year 3 with one of the top offenses, statistically in cfb. Coached under Babers and only 34 years old with a lot of good initial promise.

this doesn’t take into account guys like: PJ Fleck, Satterfield, or Neal Brown, etc. who have had success at other times and places.

Talented Coordinators

1. Brett Venables- amazing Dc at Oklahoma and Clemson. Coached at two top programs for years and a large part of why each was so successful. Amazing dc and proven it for over a decade.

2. Jeff Lebby (ole miss) super talented play caller who coached under Briles, Heupel, and now Kiffin. Everywhere he goes he has tons of success.

The overall point I’m trying to make is there are more talented coordinators than Manny was when he got the job, and there are a lot of good prospects at hc from guys who have improved a lot of their programs in many cases without a lot of resources (look at our recruiting base) and having to get creative in developing their programs.

Brett Venables- amazing Dc at Oklahoma and Clemson. Coached at two top programs for years and a large part of why each was so successful. Amazing dc and proven it for over a decade.
It's Brent Venables lol and also he would never come here. He's been getting offers for years from SEC programs so if he'd rather stay as DC at Clemson he sure as **** wouldn't leave to come here.

Advertisement
It's Brent Venables lol and also he would never come here. He's been getting offers for years from SEC programs so if he'd rather stay as DC at Clemson he sure as **** wouldn't leave to come here.
You never know. Maybe he sees our talent base in Miami and the state of Florida and playing in the joke of the ACC versus the SEC and that’s more enticing.

And hire who?

Let's hear your guy. Cristobal was awful this year. You hyped up Norvell lol.

Hire who?
I'm sorry but this response is stupid.

Give me a few million dollars and a professional search firm and let me conduct a proper search and maybe I could give you one.

Just becasue I cannot give you the perfect coach today doesn't mean you do not fire the awfual coach you have. You look, interview and get the best one you can.

Advertisement
Who to go after? There’s been countless threads on this and numerous great looking candidates. How about guys who’ve done more with less? Or guys already showing very good promise? The real question: would Diaz do as well as the below guys in their given situations? No way in ****.

1. Matt Campbell (too late at this point but could have optimized his value several years ago). Not much needs to be said.

2. Billy Napier (Louisiana Lafayette). Second straight double digit win season. Amazing recruiter and coaches under Saban for years. Just won the conference title.

3. Tom Allen (Indiana)- he took over the worst big ten program and at a basketball school (we are a football school just to refresh your memories) and in a brutal rebuild with a poor recruiting base has turned around their program. Again he is not in the most talent rich area of the country like Diaz.

4. Brett Brennan (San Jose State). He took over maybe a top 5 worst in d1 job and in four years has them ranked and even beating teams like Arkansas last year with a much greater talent disparity.

5.Bill Clark (UAB)- they didn’t even have a program when he took over there. Three losses this year: one to us with a gigantic talent disparity and two others by three points or less. Every year they are very well coached and prepared and get the scraps when it comes to recruits.

6. Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)- small schools but he has been great at turning around programs whenever he’s been somewhere 2 years minimum. It’s not just CCU. He did it at d2 level as well. I’m a big fan of guys who have success in multiple places.

7. Jeff Hafley (bc). NFL experience and had a solid first year at BC. Of their losses this year they were right there with UNC and Notre Dame and for a while had Clemson on the ropes.

8. Sean Lewis (Kent state) completely turning them around in year 3 with one of the top offenses, statistically in cfb. Coached under Babers and only 34 years old with a lot of good initial promise.

this doesn’t take into account guys like: PJ Fleck, Satterfield, or Neal Brown, etc. who have had success at other times and places.

Talented Coordinators

1. Brett Venables- amazing Dc at Oklahoma and Clemson. Coached at two top programs for years and a large part of why each was so successful. Amazing dc and proven it for over a decade.

2. Jeff Lebby (ole miss) super talented play caller who coached under Briles, Heupel, and now Kiffin. Everywhere he goes he has tons of success.

The overall point I’m trying to make is there are more talented coordinators than Manny was when he got the job, and there are a lot of good prospects at hc from guys who have improved a lot of their programs in many cases without a lot of resources (look at our recruiting base) and having to get creative in developing their product.
This right here is a productive conversation. How to legitimately make the program better with a true proven leader. But first, I do believe a better athletic director is going to be necessary to attract a quality hc. The reason why our last few head coach searches were so bad was because no one wanted to work for featherweight like Blake James. You need a Jankowich-type alpha male who is all about winning and being a great custodian of the program.

Win championships? How about we start with someone who can win our conference or even a bowl game...?
It's kind of amazing to have witnessed how far this program has fallen from competing for championships 18+ yrs ago to praying that they could just win the crappy coastal division now... each passing year makes it seem so much farther away from being possible to ever get back to that level.

He won the conference, man. Twice.

If Mario won the ACC once at Miami, we're clapping for this man from our windows as he drives to work like he's an essential worker.

what a JOKE. HE FINISHED 2ND IN THE PAC-12 NORTH.

They were in the game b/c of Covid, lol at not realizing that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back