Mookie Cooper

Advertisement
Advertisement

Cooney made this tweet and I don’t think it’s a reach to assume he meant they offered a kid an opportunity to play at his dream school since he called Miami his “dream scholarship offer”.

I saw this and thought it was a great tweet. Now I know why he posted it! GIF game is off the charts with this staff!

Advertisement
I've seen this kid play live. He's Rondale Moore 2.0.

Ran a 4.44 40 at an Opening Regional as a soph. Probably will be in the 4.3s this year.

He's a very strong Illinois lean though. Illinois hired his HS HC and got two of his 4* teammates last cycle.

But Illinois not Miami, plus we’re his dream offer.

Bring him on one official visit, and he’s all ours

Ran a 4.44 40 at an Opening Regional as a soph. Probably will be in the 4.3s this year.

He's a very strong Illinois lean though. Illinois hired his HS HC and got two of his 4* teammates last cycle.
He just called Miami his dream offer. You better believe Manny & the crew are gonna make a great case once we get JT going, which I think Enos will do. I like our chances.

Advertisement
But Illinois not Miami, plus we’re his dream offer.

Bring him on one official visit, and he’s all ours

A lot of recruits say the dream offer stuff. Doesnt usually result in a commitment.

We got to get him here this summer then on an OV to have a shot.

But he's got very strong ties to the Illinois program that will be hard to overcome. Good news is Lovie might get fired this season if they dont make a bowl. That would obviously shake things up.

He looks great and I'd be happy if we were to land him. That said, I'm not terribly worried about landing this type of player. We have a ton of great options at ATH/WR/RB. I'm more concerned with what we get on OL and QB. We really need a strong OL class this year.

I agree he's not really a need, but

He's Jeff Thomas, Rondale Moore caliber. That's just another level of talent as we've seen.

Advertisement
Would love to have him but I don’t see him as a take unless Fleming bolts. Don’t see us taking 2/3 receivers under 6’. New staff I know but it just seems Fleming and Mookie satisfy the same purpose.

Yeah Corey Patterson was HC at Trinity when they won a state last year & he brought 4-star LB Shammond Cooper & Isaiah Williams to Illinois with him.

But you're exactly right this kid is Jeff Thomas 2.0, he averaged 29.8ypc as a Junior & had 834yds receiving on just 28rec, plus he was a dynamic running back too, but he's a pure Speedster like JT.

Advertisement
Back