Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/3

Advertisement
Huh? You pick out one season...

Do the names Blair Walsh, Marshall Morgan, Isaiah Mckenzie, Brandon Boykin, etc, etc mean anything to you people? Drew Butler, a Ray Guy award winner? The current kicker Blankenship is very good too, recruited by Richt.

Come on my guys, you are reaching for every little thing...I remember Bama having one or two awful years with Saban. It happens. But for a long part of his career Richt had very solid special teams. I agree punting needs to improve IMMEDIATELY

Oh you mean saban’s FIRST year?

Advertisement
Actually, Your a loser....Whining complaining.
*you're*
E8FEFACC-FD0F-4989-B4FB-ADEDF0C71623.jpeg

Advertisement
...Be critical if you'd like, but you know as well as anyone the majority of people around here have essentially zero original thoughts and just join the mob and yell whatever else is being yelled loudest on the board. No reason to round up sheep to join the "Richt is so bad nobody else would hire him" train. Because it's just nonsense.

For many reasons I have stayed off the "Richt really sucks" bandwagon, although very disappointed with his overall results as of late.

However, I am somewhat convinced that he came here as a reluctant-retire-wannabe due to $$$ - arriving with great experience but lacking some things apparently needed badly...

Mainly some modern innovative offensive strategy, and enough quality energy to undertake things like tireless recruiting and tireless game-prep film-watching and strategizing. Seems he is resting "on his laurels" hoping things work out due to some past glory, rather than working extra hard to make it so.

I tend to think he has revealed himself "now" to be less than the "real deal" and would not get snapped up by a major program for big bucks at this juncture anymore.

Advertisement
7-6 his first year. Outside of that, his worst year at Bama was 10-3 winning the Capital One Bowl the year after winning his first natty at Bama. Fans love bringing up Saban. LOL

what bout the year he lost to OU or Utah (i think) in bowls? they finished w a better record those years?

what bout the year he lost to OU or Utah (i think) in bowls? they finished w a better record those years?

When they lost to Utah they only lost one game that year to UF who went on to beat OU for the title. They lost to Auburn on the kick 6 year I think for their only loss. Both times they only had 1 loss.

Advertisement
Well, by year 3 he won a natty. Where are we at in year 3? Are we really starting to try and justify a comparison of Saban to Richt? Is this really happening?

Man, these guys are hilarious. Like they r really trying to compare Richt w Saban right now. Literally the funniest chit I’ve ever heard.

Advertisement
Back