Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/10

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
**The Canes just had their biggest recruiting weekend of the cycle in terms of official visits, as OC Jakai Clark, DE Justin Eboigbe, DT Jason Munoz, DT Derick Hunter, LB Anthony Solomon, CB Kaiir Elam, and CB John Dixon all were in Coral Gables this weekend for their OV. Here’s what I heard coming out of the weekend.

**On Clark: Miami made an enormous jump here with the center from Georgia. Good news on Clark started trickling in on Saturday during his visit, and by the time he had left on Sunday afternoon, there was even more good news on Clark from two sources, jiving with what Matthew reported last night. We both put in Miami picks here and I expect Clark to be a Hurricane.

**On Eboigbe: The Canes are still firmly behind Alabama here and it would take a big change of heart for Eboigbe to end up at Miami.

**On Munoz: The only reason Munoz moved up his official visit instead of coming on the weekend Miami’s staff planned for all the commits to OV was so his mom could make the trip with him. He’s as orange and green as you can be.

**On Solomon: I have not heard anything to make me change my Michigan pick here. It’s also not a good look that Solomon is going to Michigan instead of Miami next week on the weekend Miami is trying to get all their commits on campus, similar to Josh Jobe last cycle.

**On Hunter: A source close to the recruitment here told me it is hard get a read on Hunter right now. He’s very up and down personality-wise and everything is “the best” to him. I’m still leaning towards FSU being the pick by default, but literally nothing would surprise me with Hunter.

**On Elam: I’m told Miami made a move with Elam, but that it’s too early to say how good of a spot Miami actually is in here. Since Elam isn’t signing until February, he’ll have time to come down from his visit high, but Elam will also have more time to build a relationship with the UM staff, something that suffered when Miami dropped contact for all of summer and part of the fall. From a source close to the recruitment, the long-term efforts of both the Gators and UGA have them in the lead here.

**On Dixon: I’m hearing overly positive chatter behind the scenes that Miami can end up landing Dixon and I think the Canes are in a much better spot with Dixon than Elam right now. Dixon is also signing early, so not as much time will pass off his visit high. Like many others, getting over the fact that UM ignored him for most of the cycle will be the big hurdle here. Miami has certainly put themselves in a favorable spot as Dixon goes into his WVU official this weekend.

**S Martin Emerson was originally scheduled to officially visit Miami this past weekend as well, then switched it to next weekend, but he has now decided to push back his UM official visit until after the early signing period and will not sign with Mississippi State this month. He’ll OV to Ole Miss this upcoming weekend instead before the dead period (UPDATE: Emerson just confirmed he was at Mississippi State this past weekend and will be at Miami this weekend). It’s certainly good news that a kid Miami is after who is committed elsewhere won’t be signing with that school at his first opportunity. If anyone was wondering, Emerson is a 100% take for Miami and they absolutely love his game according to a program source.

**Miami is beginning to push even harder to keep CB Jarvis Brownlee in the class, and former players (Sean Spence) are starting to reach out to him as well. Brownlee is coming off his official visit to UCF this weekend, and as I said last week, the Knights are absolutely a threat to flip the Carol City star according to multiple sources close to the recruitment. A big positive for the Canes is that, unlike Solomon, Brownlee is coming on his Miami OV during the weekend the staff planned for all the commits to be on campus. The Canes will hope to lock him up for good next weekend, as Brownlee plans to sign early.

**Updating what I said last week, more positive chatter continues to come in on S Tyrique Stevenson to Miami from additional sources close to the recruitment. Stevenson will make his UM official this weekend and UM will have the chance to seal the deal with his entire family in tow. I still have UGA with a slight lead, but it’s by a thread right now and this one will go down to the wire.

**I’ve been hearing some pro-Miami buzz from behind the scenes with DE Lloyd Summerall and that naturally extends to TE Keon Zipperer as well. That jives with what Kyle reported last night, from a UF source no less. I’ll add that the Gators’ staff is still confident here, but things are definitely trending in the right direction for Miami with the pairs’ upcoming OV’s scheduled for this weekend just before the early signing period. Despite the possibility being open that they might decide to go their separate ways, I’ve now heard they are indeed set on attending the same school and that’s not going to change in the next week. That eliminates Alabama (Zipperer) and Nebraska (Summerall) for the pair and makes this a true Miami-UF battle.

**The Canes are heading into the final week of the contact period before the dead period hits on Sunday, and prospects can begin signing next Wednesday, so it’s the last push for all recruits that intend to sign early. Miami kicks off the week by sending the house to go in-home with high priority OT Evan Neal today. Also expected to get visits this week are RB Jalen Mitchell, DT Jalar Holley, OC Jakai Clark, and CB John Dixon. More names are certain to pop up as the week goes on, so stay up to date with the in-home visit tracker right *here*.

Advertisement
Good stuff @Stefan Adams. More info about the OL recruits not mentioned already would be nice in terms of what your hearing from your end.

Go Canes

Last edited:
**The Canes just had their biggest recruiting weekend of the cycle in terms of official visits, as OC Jakai Clark, DE Justin Eboigbe, DT Jason Munoz, DT Derick Hunter, LB Anthony Solomon, CB Kaiir Elam, and CB John Dixon all were in Coral Gables this weekend for their OV. Here’s what I heard coming out of the weekend.

**On Clark: Miami made an enormous jump here with the center from Georgia. Good news on Clark started trickling in on Saturday during his visit, and by the time he had left on Sunday afternoon, there was even more good news on Clark from two sources, jiving with what Matthew reported last night. We both put in Miami picks here and I expect Clark to be a Hurricane.

**On Eboigbe: The Canes are still firmly behind Alabama here and it would take a big change of heart for Eboigbe to end up at Miami.

**On Munoz: The only reason Munoz moved up his official visit instead of coming on the weekend Miami’s staff planned for all the commits to OV was so his mom could make the trip with him. He’s as orange and green as you can be.

**On Solomon: I have not heard anything to make me change my Michigan pick here. It’s also not a good look that Solomon is going to Michigan instead of Miami next week on the weekend Miami is trying to get all their commits on campus, similar to Josh Jobe last cycle.

**On Hunter: A source close to the recruitment here told me it is hard get a read on Hunter right now. He’s very up and down personality-wise and everything is “the best” to him. I’m still leaning towards FSU being the pick by default, but literally nothing would surprise me with Hunter.

**On Elam: I’m told Miami made a move with Elam, but that it’s too early to say how good of a spot Miami actually is in here. Since Elam isn’t signing until February, he’ll have time to come down from his visit high, but Elam will also have more time to build a relationship with the UM staff, something that suffered when Miami dropped contact for all of summer and part of the fall. From a source close to the recruitment, the long-term efforts of both the Gators and UGA have them in the lead here.

**On Dixon: I’m hearing overly positive chatter behind the scenes that Miami can end up landing Dixon and I think the Canes are in a much better spot with Dixon than Elam right now. Dixon is also signing early, so not as much time will pass off his visit high. Like many others, getting over the fact that UM ignored him for most of the cycle will be the big hurdle here. Miami has certainly put themselves in a favorable spot as Dixon goes into his WVU official this weekend.

**S Martin Emerson was originally scheduled to officially visit Miami this past weekend as well, then switched it to next weekend, but he has now decided to push back his UM official visit until after the early signing period and will not sign with Mississippi State this month. He’ll OV to Ole Miss this upcoming weekend instead before the dead period. It’s certainly good news that a kid Miami is after who is committed elsewhere won’t be signing with that school at his first opportunity. If anyone was wondering, Emerson is a 100% take for Miami and they absolutely love his game according to a program source.

**Miami is beginning to push even harder to keep CB Jarvis Brownlee in the class, and former players (Sean Spence) are starting to reach out to him as well. Brownlee is coming off his official visit to UCF this weekend, and as I said last week, the Knights are absolutely a threat to flip the Carol City star according to multiple sources close to the recruitment. A big positive for the Canes is that, unlike Solomon, Brownlee is coming on his Miami OV during the weekend the staff planned for all the commits to be on campus. The Canes will hope to lock him up for good next weekend, as Brownlee plans to sign early.

**Updating what I said last week, more positive chatter continues to come in on S Tyrique Stevenson to Miami from additional sources close to the recruitment. Stevenson will make his UM official this weekend and UM will have the chance to seal the deal with his entire family in tow. I still have UGA with a slight lead, but it’s by a thread right now and this one will go down to the wire.

**I’ve been hearing some pro-Miami buzz from behind the scenes with DE Lloyd Summerall and that naturally extends to TE Keon Zipperer as well. That jives with what Kyle reported last night, from a UF source no less. I’ll add that the Gators’ staff is still confident here, but things are definitely trending in the right direction for Miami with the pairs’ upcoming OV’s scheduled for this weekend just before the early signing period. Despite the possibility being open that they might decide to go their separate ways, I’ve now heard they are indeed set on attending the same school and that’s not going to change in the next week. That eliminates Alabama (Zipperer) and Nebraska (Summerall) for the pair and makes this a true Miami-UF battle.

**The Canes are heading into the final week of the contact period before the dead period hits on Sunday, and prospects can begin signing on Wednesday, so it’s the last push for all recruits that intend to sign early. Miami kicks off the week by sending the house to go in-home with high priority OT Evan Neal today. Also expected to get visits this week are RB Jalen Mitchell, DT Jalar Holley, OC Jakai Clark, and CB John Dixon. More names are certain to pop up as the week goes on, so stay up to date with the in-home visit tracker right *here*.

F75B3C14-5513-486A-B7EC-010C40260629.gif

I still can’t get over what happened last year. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if only Clark signs with us. We’re starting to be the bridesmaid way too many times, and not the **** bride! Thanks for the info!

Advertisement
Sounds like Summerall wants UM and Zipp wants UF and one will try to convince the other. That has to be the only reason we are in this thing because I assumed Zipp was all UF.

Are they EE?

Amazing how recruiting is just so **** black and white this cycle for us. Either we will have a class in the 30s or in the top 10. No in between. Smh. Lol.

Advertisement
Talked to one of the hottest olinemen in the country right now Dawand Jones extremely athletic mammoth as he is 6’8 360 tackle Ben Davis high school indianapolis in who is also a standout basketball player allows him to move very well .. offer list is impressive ... he said the U would be in his top 5 but yet no offer .. look into it before it’s too late

Talked to one of the hottest olinemen in the country right now Dawand Jones extremely athletic mammoth as he is 6’8 360 tackle Ben Davis high school indianapolis in who is also a standout basketball player allows him to move very well .. offer list is impressive ... he said the U would be in his top 5 but yet no offer .. look into it before it’s too late

Stefan doesn't determine who gets an offer. Probably would be best for his HS coach to reach out to the staff and send his film and transcripts.

I still can’t get over what happened last year. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if only Clark signs with us. We’re starting to be the bridesmaid way too many times, and not the **** bride! Thanks for the info!

We signed a top 5 class last year. Stop crying about lastbyear and the few Miami missed on. This year is up for debate and can be discussed further when the dust settles.

Advertisement
“something that suffered when Miami dropped contact for all of summer and part of the fall.”

Our staff continues to put itself in a bad situation, losing contact with these kids and putting all their eggs in one basket. Meanwhile, Florida and UGA manage to recruit these kids. I just don’t understand this strategy.

Last edited:
Advertisement

**S Martin Emerson was originally scheduled to officially visit Miami this past weekend as well, then switched it to next weekend, but he has now decided to push back his UM official visit until after the early signing period and will not sign with Mississippi State this month. He’ll OV to Ole Miss this upcoming weekend instead before the dead period. It’s certainly good news that a kid Miami is after who is committed elsewhere won’t be signing with that school at his first opportunity. If anyone was wondering, Emerson is a 100% take for Miami and they absolutely love his game according to a program source.

**The Canes are heading into the final week of the contact period before the dead period hits on Sunday, and prospects can begin signing on Wednesday, so it’s the last push for all recruits that intend to sign early. Miami kicks off the week by sending the house to go in-home with high priority OT Evan Neal today. Also expected to get visits this week are RB Jalen Mitchell, DT Jalar Holley, OC Jakai Clark, and CB John Dixon. More names are certain to pop up as the week goes on, so stay up to date with the in-home visit tracker right *here*.
So pretty **** good news everywhere but Richt if he changes just 1 thing its to not shorten the recruiting list early on when stud players are still interested. Smith, Dixon, Gordon etc we could've had already even as backup plans and sure the staff is making up for it now but you're hoping kids who arr arrogant get over it

For some reason I had it in my head Eboigbe was on “processed out” watch for Bama, I guess not.

Aside from Solomon, pretty good news for us. Would love to get Elam and or Dixon.

Advertisement
Back