Monday Media: Mario, Gattis and Steele

You can tell Gattis is not real high on our WRs.
Would you be? They can't catch, they aren't good blockers, they are taking up space. Honestly, Miami may be better off running 2-3 TEs instead and flexing Mallory out, or using Rooster and Parrish together, with Rooster as more of a slot guy on some packages...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gattis already throwing the WRs under the bus.. SMH

That’s the start to the end of his tenure here

We’ve seen this song and dance WAY too many times to not predict the future
That's a concern and it reminds me of the text message he sent to the Michigan players after he left to come here.

In a text to some Michigan players, Josh Gattis said, “Unfortunately the past few weeks has told a different story to me about the very little appreciation I have here from administration. In life I would never advise anyone to be where they are not wanted…”

Bashing a former employer isn't ever a good look. It's not professional. And in a world where coaches preach to players about owning up to your mistakes and doing your job and not making excuses, I wasn't a fan of that alleged text.

Just step up the tempo and put our wr's in the best position to make plays in space. Things just look slow to me on offense.
Compared to last year, absolutely. But you have to be able to control clock for your defense to be solid too. Last year, too many 3 and outs and the defense would get gassed. The run game and physicality of our oline has been a pleasant surprise.

Tempo for me should come at spots not the entire game. Gattis can do more to incorporate it but i think time of possession is important for his offense to work like it's supposed to.

Advertisement
Compared to last year, absolutely. But you have to be able to control clock for your defense to be solid too. Last year, too many 3 and outs and the defense would get gassed. The run game and physicality of our oline has been a pleasant surprise.

Tempo for me should come at spots not the entire game. Gattis can do more to incorporate it but i think time of possession is important for his offense to work like it's supposed to.
Agreed, I'm sure we are protecting the defense and I can't blame them. I don't know, and maybe just me everything just seems slower, even TVD release, routes. I want controlled chaos.

@Mr. Dynasty1 @brock It might be the truth but it's a bad look for a coach to throw college kids under the bus. It's his job to extract as much as he can from them. Thus far, he's not doing it. And how are these kids going to buy in when coach is throwing you under the bus? You got to be a little more political and careful about what you say.
Saying they have challenges at receiver is not throwing under the bus or anything close to that

Advertisement
Advertisement
George and TVD need to work together after practice. He should be his #1 WR, IMO. The Smith drop happens; I think the more he plays, the better he will get. The kid showed grit in the blocking game and has made a few plays already early in the season
And Key bro. Key is fast and had 2 steps in 1:1 coverage twice on vertical routes last week that TVD threw to him and missed. He also had the mistimed throw on the comeback route.

Need the timing to improve between those two

Advertisement
Back