Mom's Apple Pie

4everlost

Banned
Banned
Back in the early 70s there was a band called Mom's Apple Pie. Their music wasn't much to write home about, but their first album had a very interesting album cover. So interesting in fact that after the initial launch all subsequent album covers were different (much less risque). I had their first album with the original cover. When I eventually switched from LPs to CDs I got rid of all my albums.

I probably should have kept that album. I wonder what the cover is worth today?

Advertisement
0045B406-AD39-4B76-9825-CCC825DE1449.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like you OP. Keep up the good work.
Thank You! I try to bring up historical things that are interesting, funny, etc. I'd bet most of the youngins on the board had no clue as to what I was getting at in this thread. Yes, the album cover was as someone here showed. I believe the bans was forced to change the cover after the first wave of albums hit the shelves. BTW....I was in the Navy at Guantanamo Bay when this album was released.

Advertisement
Thanks OP, I can’t go out due to Coronavirus, I just stocked up on apple pies from Costco and was counting on my wife’s comfort. You have just deprived me of both with the album cover pic. But I will take heart, since I also stocked up on rum, cognac and vodka. I can now be drunk as ****.

OP, this, like everything else, will offend some. Because people beg for reasons to be offended. Otherwise, its pretty funny to me. Interesting and funny at the same time

Thanks OP, I can’t go out due to Coronavirus, I just stocked up on apple pies from Costco and was counting on my wife’s comfort. You have just deprived me of both with the album cover pic. But I will take heart, since I also stocked up on rum, cognac and vodka. I can now be drunk as ****.
Sorry, but I didn't post the picture. I just told the story.

Advertisement
OP, this, like everything else, will offend some. Because people beg for reasons to be offended. Otherwise, its pretty funny to me. Interesting and funny at the same time
I agree but sometimes things happen in real life that may, or may not, offend people. When the album first came out, believe me, none of the enlisted guys at GTMO were offended by the cover art. Besides any man who has known a woman should never find it offensive. If they do then they are hypocrites.

you know that someone, somewhere has actually bought an apple pie, warmed up, and stuck it in.

Advertisement
Back