MMQB on Rousseau

Advertisement
Hmm, not sure. Not a ton of game tape and that's a big risk for a top 5 [pick. That said, if there is no CFB this year, there will be a lot of "not a lot of tape on him" comments on players and he has a great shot to be top 5.
I do think he'll be a 1st round pick so all of our opinions don't matter. But it's not only lack of tape, but the bulk of his tape is against dreadfully bad teams as well. I'm not sure how much Central Michigan, FIU, Duke, La Tech, FSU etc are preparing you for the monsters that await in the NFL

Advertisement
A group people are taking precautions and getting tested weekly. He'd be more at risk going to grocery store. Unless he's going to lock himself away for the next 9 months, he's just as likely to get going out than he is being around other football players going through mandatory protocols and testing.
Loop Trump GIF

Unless the season gets cancelEd, Six-game Greg will not go in the first round.....
He might, but I agree with you. Tough to invest a top five pick on someone that has had 4 football practices, in a year an half at the time he gets drafted. While new folks might show up big time during the season.

Advertisement
Clearly you know nothing about the NFL or the draft...
Let’s play a game Mr. GM. You are the GM of an average NFL team. You have not won a Super Bowl and like most you have had average drafts. Your job is important to you and your family. You are on the clock for round one. Are you going to draft a guy who started 6 games following a medical redshirt year and those games were against teams that in total had 10 to 20 of NFL level players and none (or one) played against the player you are considering. You look at that film and you see he got almost all of his splash plays on one move. But, he looks like an athlete. He quit before playing his second season to protect his payday. Or, do you draft a 3 year starter from UGA, Bama, OSU, PSU, ND, OU or LSU who has similar measurables and lots of tape playing against guys who will try to block them in the NFL? Oh, did I mention the Miami guy is underweight? Pick!

If you want to keep your job, you don’t roll the dice on Six-game Gregg...

Again, congratulations to rousseau, the young man came in, 1st off, great job by coach diaz, his best recruit sense he's been here of identifying jock rousseau, and to all the numb nutz who complained about rousseau because he was a "3 star" recruit and I said it back than, he'll be one of our best players. Also shouts out to coach diaz and coach baker for showing full support, and coach diaz saying "go be Great" he just earned alot of respect back from me, shows the potential he has to be able to lead, at the same time, he still has to eradicate that soft **** he did last year by chasing losers and starting quitters.

Also coach diaz is from here, so I don't know why he keeps talking about this qb leader non-sense, on all our championship teams, the qb's we're not these unquestioned leaders of the team, it was normally always somebody on defense, and about the only leader of the team in the history of our dominant years from the offensive side of the ball was Irvin, other than that, those qb's we're 2nd tier leaders in their own right but they had to be raised to the way of Miami.

Advertisement
Unless the season gets cancelEd, Six-game Greg will not go in the first round.....
He is definitely taking a chance...good luck young man.

By no means (at this point) a 1st Rd lock. Now, put up freakish performance t the combine, maybe a rival or two gets bitten by injury bug...throw in a desperate GM...

Still hard to see "lock in 1st rd" at DE position. Not to mention, maybe 1/3 at best of NFL will even be in the market at those picks...

Judging by how fast he signed with Rosenhaus... he wanted no part of this season anyway.

He could of opted out and waited to sign with an agent.

Still hope he does great things in league but this a crock of ****

Advertisement
Y'all act like NFL scouts don't poke and prod the smallest of ailments. If he got coronavirus and had even the smallest of issues it would cost him $.

Just be happy one of our guys is about to get paid and kill it in the NFL.

Quite frankly, who gives a shhit about what he is going to do as he should have stuck it out and helped this team get over the hump.

You simple ***** who think Greg isn’t a first rounder should hand in your Cane cards and **** off. What a bunch of whinny little girls crying over a kid making the best decision for himself and not you losers who cry over CanesInSight

Who on CIS ever gone wrong evaluating our guys draft position (🙋‍♂️)?

Do UM fans have a clue what a Top 5 DL even looks like?

Even with our history at the position, we've had two that I can think of-- Cortez Kennedy and Russell Maryland.

You guys think GR is going Top 5? I don't think we've ever had a DE go that high period.

GR was a story for this season, but his expected draft position was based a lot on expected production.

Rosenhaus is a scumbag, but he invests in getting his guys prepped and trained, and he better because GR has a lot riding on tests alone now. His film has highs and lows. FIU didn't have a lot of trouble with him.

Advertisement
Back