MLS stadium

Assuming this hypothetical: that a bare bones 25K MLS stadium gets approved and built somewhere in South Florida, with plenty of parking, in an upscale easy-to-get-to location.

Now let's assume the franchise fails and leaves town.

Some of you were making it sound that could be our possible future home.

Not a chance in a billion, even if it has plenty of parking and is in a great location.

We are approaching somewhere to approximately 45 to 47,000 season tickets this coming year.

Even if somehow you could magically expand the stadium to 50,000, you would still have a basic, bare-bones, high school type stadium for one of the premier P5 programs in the nation. No thanks. Donors and ticket holders would not have it.

Anyway it won't happen.

Get this through your tiny little pin heads, unless we find a benefactor willing to kick in upwards of $400 million, you will never see anything other than what we have now in your lifetime. Our current stadium, for the vast majority of people that attend games, the season-ticket holders, is perfect. We can't do better than what we have now.

People that actually attend the games are the ones that count, and they don't want any of those bullsh&#2 99;t solutions. What we have is perfect, based on our situation.

End of story.

uhh what? who are these people attending the game are you talking about? You understand no one would talk about the location or this entire subject in general on whether Miami need find a way move closer to campus if these people you're talking about actually fill the stadium at least 3/4 on Saturdays (plural - Not just FSU, big name) in the NINE YEARS (Plural - Not just THIS or 2 seasons) we been at HRS...

At the end of the day, people want it closer to the campus because #1 more students can make the games bumping up attendance a bit and #2 when Miami was playing at the OB in Lil' Havana .. Miami didn't have as bad of a reputation when Canes football became relevant in the 80s. Not saying we were packing the OB but we would at the very least have about 40k for P5 like opponents (very respectable) but the OB was pushing like 73k.. I mean we had #6 Clemson in our stadium in '15 and u would of swore we were playing Kent State by the amount of people that was out there.. even with Golden as our HC, if that Clemson game been in the OB we would of at least had 40-45k.

There is just so much stupid in your comments I'm not in the mood to answer your retardation.

What is clear from your post is this:

You've never been to a game in the OB

You've never been to a game at Hard Rock.

You've never set foot on the UM campus.

You have no idea how the students behave and how they attend, with respect to games.

You don't have a clear picture of the actual numbers of undergrads at UM.

And to say we would have had more people attend the 2015 Clemson game had it been in the OB, is a top ten retardo post.

Advertisement
SLS is in the perfect location IMO. I will never understand the hate towards this stadium. The only draw back is the distance from campus. Aside from that, the highway access from both North , South, and West coupled with available parking make the location ideal. Now with the renovations completed, it is **** near perfect.

Beckham would be smart to find a similar location, where Broward and west palm fans can share in the sport and where there is a vast amount of parking available in order to appeal to the most fans as possible.

Except the Dolphins, Marlins and Canes have exposed that Miami/Broward/WPB theory to be not true. That stadium has a strong history of poor attendance. Easy access with the highways yes, but the location is horrific for Miami and Broward fans. The attendance to the events speak for themselves.

MLS belongs in Downtown Miami but the Banana Republic ruined it for everyone.

Watch the attendance soar as UM starts winning. Attendance was garbage at the OB when we were losing too.

The attendance bump from students will never be that much based on the size of the student body. As a student, the worse part of the busing to SLS was having to **** for 40 mins after drinking 5 beers at 8 am, but otherwise it really wasnt that big of a deal. People might leave at half-time if it was a blowout but that wasnt going to make or break the season.

Assuming this hypothetical: that a bare bones 25K MLS stadium gets approved and built somewhere in South Florida, with plenty of parking, in an upscale easy-to-get-to location.

Now let's assume the franchise fails and leaves town.

Some of you were making it sound that could be our possible future home.

Not a chance in a billion, even if it has plenty of parking and is in a great location.

We are approaching somewhere to approximately 45 to 47,000 season tickets this coming year.

Even if somehow you could magically expand the stadium to 50,000, you would still have a basic, bare-bones, high school type stadium for one of the premier P5 programs in the nation. No thanks. Donors and ticket holders would not have it.

Anyway it won't happen.

Get this through your tiny little pin heads, unless we find a benefactor willing to kick in upwards of $400 million, you will never see anything other than what we have now in your lifetime. Our current stadium, for the vast majority of people that attend games, the season-ticket holders, is perfect. We can't do better than what we have now.

People that actually attend the games are the ones that count, and they don't want any of those bullsh&#2 99;t solutions. What we have is perfect, based on our situation.

End of story.

uhh what? who are these people attending the game are you talking about? You understand no one would talk about the location or this entire subject in general on whether Miami need find a way move closer to campus if these people you're talking about actually fill the stadium at least 3/4 on Saturdays (plural - Not just FSU, big name) in the NINE YEARS (Plural - Not just THIS or 2 seasons) we been at HRS...

At the end of the day, people want it closer to the campus because #1 more students can make the games bumping up attendance a bit and #2 when Miami was playing at the OB in Lil' Havana .. Miami didn't have as bad of a reputation when Canes football became relevant in the 80s. Not saying we were packing the OB but we would at the very least have about 40k for P5 like opponents (very respectable) but the OB was pushing like 73k.. I mean we had #6 Clemson in our stadium in '15 and u would of swore we were playing Kent State by the amount of people that was out there.. even with Golden as our HC, if that Clemson game been in the OB we would of at least had 40-45k.

There is just so much stupid in your comments I'm not in the mood to answer your retardation.

What is clear from your post is this:

You've never been to a game in the OB

You've never been to a game at Hard Rock.

You've never set foot on the UM campus.

You have no idea how the students behave and how they attend, with respect to games.

You don't have a clear picture of the actual numbers of undergrads at UM.

And to say we would have had more people attend the 2015 Clemson game had it been in the OB, is a top ten retardo post.

Yes

Yes

No

I was talking about student attendance not overall. UM has a small student body...

and how the **** do you figure that....

Because we sucked balls in 2015 and you think more people will come to a way more congested traffic situation, way ****tier amenities, way more inconvenience, and the parking --- oh, the parking ---- "no blockeee"

Dude, you've NEVER been to a game at the OB if you think people would have showed up in greater numbers to that shīthole when we suck and have a likelihood of getting blown out.

Advertisement
It amazes me how people don't understand why our stadium looks more empty at Hard Rock than it did in the OB.

Y'all really haven't noticed..?

Nothing will ever replace the Orange Bowl. The OB was just magic and you could feel the history of that place as if it was Holy land. One thing among many others that made the OB so very special was how close we were to the sidelines. Being that near the sidelines will never happen any place that is designed for Soccer.

SLS is in the perfect location IMO. I will never understand the hate towards this stadium. The only draw back is the distance from campus. Aside from that, the highway access from both North , South, and West coupled with available parking make the location ideal. Now with the renovations completed, it is **** near perfect.

Beckham would be smart to find a similar location, where Broward and west palm fans can share in the sport and where there is a vast amount of parking available in order to appeal to the most fans as possible.

Except the Dolphins, Marlins and Canes have exposed that Miami/Broward/WPB theory to be not true. That stadium has a strong history of poor attendance. Easy access with the highways yes, but the location is horrific for Miami and Broward fans. The attendance to the events speak for themselves.

Watch the attendance soar as UM starts winning. Attendance was garbage at the OB when we were losing too.

You're absolutely right. I'm not saying we didn't have empty games at the OB.

That being said, the Broward ***-gots live in denial about SLS. The location is so ******* ****** that they ignore the fact the University of Miami requested the ACC for no more Thursday night home games because attendance was so bad and made the program look like ****. This year we are having our first Thursday Night game at home in several years. **** that, i can do better than that, the seats are always EMPTY. You even saw empty sections in the corner of the upper deck vs. OU, OSU, FSU, Florida. Say what you want about the OB but for the big games it was full. But yeah, it's a better location than Little Havana...

Typical moronic responses from fans who only attend games against FSU. If you attended almost any game during the last 4 or 5 years at the OB, you'd know attendance was garbage. I know misty eyed "superfans" don't want to believe it but paid attendance at the OB was on average lower than it has been at Hardrock. Yup. I live in Hollywood but i still drove to every home game in little havana. I didnt have a boatload of excuses for not showing up. I sat in an empty OB for the final game there and watched Virginia win 48-0.

Advertisement

Wrong.

You do know that average attendance since we have been at SLS has been higher than ANY year in the OB, don't you.

I've been to both venues, many as a kid and adult in the OB.

More butts in seats on average now. That's just a fact.

And I don't speak for the Fins, but their attendance is proportional to on field performance. How have they performed at SLS? There's your answer.

SLS is absolutely in the perfect location.

And if you would actually go to games there, you would know how centrally located it is, but also how easy it is to get in and out of there.

Season ticket holder since 1980 for both Dolphins and Canes and SLS is a huge upgrade on so many levels. Yes the OB rocked and shook and had so many amazing moments but it was time to move on when the city of Miami showed that they could care less about us. If people would actually stop complaining and show up to the games we could have an amazing stadium atmosphere. The FSU game last year was a perfect example of how loud this stadium could be.

It's like when these new Cane fans that starting watching in 2000 keep bringing up that we need an on campus stadium. It proves they have no idea what their talking about and have probably never been to the campus or to Coral Gables.

I was at the Kirby Freeman game vs NC State for the second to last game at the OB. There may have been 10,000 in the stadium but they must have been hiding in the hallways because they weren't in the stands. However, it was balls hot that day

Typical moronic responses from fans who only attend games against FSU. If you attended almost any game during the last 4 or 5 years at the OB, you'd know attendance was garbage. I know misty eyed "superfans" don't want to believe it but paid attendance at the OB was on average lower than it has been at Hardrock. Yup. I live in Hollywood but i still drove to every home game in little havana. I didnt have a boatload of excuses for not showing up. I sat in an empty OB for the final game there and watched Virginia win 48-0.

Season ticket holder since 1980 for both Dolphins and Canes and SLS is a huge upgrade on so many levels. Yes the OB rocked and shook and had so many amazing moments but it was time to move on when the city of Miami showed that they could care less about us. If people would actually stop complaining and show up to the games we could have an amazing stadium atmosphere. The FSU game last year was a perfect example of how loud this stadium could be.

It's like when these new Cane fans that starting watching in 2000 keep bringing up that we need an on campus stadium. It proves they have no idea what their talking about and have probably never been to the campus or to Coral Gables.

PRAISE JESUS!!!

Finally!

IMG_4173.jpg

Some actual posters that have actually attended games, at both locations, and understand what's actually going on.

It's frustrating responding to idiots cracking all kinds of bullshīt about something they know zero about. Thank you.

Like I've said 1 million times on the site, people that attend games understand the deal. The morons that post 90% of the nonsense on this thread don't go to games. Otherwise they wouldn't post what they post. It shows a complete lack of knowledge of the stadiums and of attending.

For chrissakes, don't post shīt when you've never attended a game. Watching on the TV isn't the same as attending a game.

Advertisement
The Happy Adjusters love our current stadium. Shocking development.

Contrived patchwork in an irrelevant bland location. Yep, that's everything that a Happy Adjuster mindset would prioritize.

The offseason is always good for hilarity, even when I drop in maybe every other month or so.

BTW, those season win over/unders are based on power ratings and projected spreads/win percentage. Okay, now everyone can get scared. SAM I am and SAM I Spit.

I remember going to a few games at Joe Robbie in its first years when the crowd was so loud that the officials let the opposing team wait on offense because the quarterback and line couldn't hear. Just win and we'll have plenty of home field advantage.

The Happy Adjusters love our current stadium. Shocking development.

Contrived patchwork in an irrelevant bland location. Yep, that's everything that a Happy Adjuster mindset would prioritize.

The offseason is always good for hilarity, even when I drop in maybe every other month or so.

BTW, those season win over/unders are based on power ratings and projected spreads/win percentage. Okay, now everyone can get scared. SAM I am and SAM I Spit.

What's your solution, happy assmuncher?

Pole swallowers like you have no earthly fūcking clue. On campus stadium? You'll walk on Mars first. Our own stadium somewhere in Dade? Sure, Bill Gates will convert to being a canes fan and donate more than half a billion so we can get started.

What's left? For clueless idiots like you to make snide remarks that clearly indicate that you don't attend games. You don't go to games. Period

Advertisement
I think Beckham is planning to spend about 300 million. In 15 years after the lease is over and another 3 national championships we can drop another 150 million into Beckhams stadium to accommodate Us.

I love how the upgrades to hard rock and thendrive really isn't bad..but I hate the dolphins with a passion after the gator thing in 2011...don't want any of our money to go to those f a g s any longer than needed.

Attendance was garbage at the OB, even when the program was dominant. Unless the 'Canes are playing a big name opponent, in a game with real stakes, people aren't going to show up. That has been proven time and time again, go back and watch the old games, take a look see at the crowds when the camera pans. This is an event town, and while there's nothing wrong with that, it is a problem for a college football program. We've seen this in regards to the basketball program. On paper, Miami basketball is sold out, but when you go to regular ACC games, it will be half full at times.

The attendance bump from students will never be that much based on the size of the student body. As a student, the worse part of the busing to SLS was having to **** for 40 mins after drinking 5 beers at 8 am, but otherwise it really wasnt that big of a deal. People might leave at half-time if it was a blowout but that wasnt going to make or break the season.

If you lived on campus, going to the OB wasn't a dream scenario either. I remember walking from the Metrorail station and having to take a leak at the Winn-Dixie that was on the way to the OB. Early season games on the metrorail, where you couldn't even scratch your *** without elbowing someone wasn't pleasant. At least with Hard Rock, you can drive, and have a legit parking spot. As one of the few students that got to experience both facilities(My senior walk was the 48-0 debacle, and I stayed for grad school) I can tell you, the foggy haze of history doesn't make up for the downsides of the OB. Miami has a tailgating culture now, Miami has upscale seating options, and the revenue that comes with it. With the renovations, Hard Rock is a top tier stadium. As someone who has traveled and seen other facilities, UMiami has it significantly better than anyone else. Doak is a glorified dump, The Swamp isn't much better, and Memorial Stadium in Lincoln still has troughs and giant fountains for hand washing.

Advertisement
Back