Mirabal’s arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
As down as I am on stuff, I’m not mad a Mirabal. Guys like Scaife and Justice are ***. I’m not expecting him to make them competent. If he did it would be an award winning job. Only issue I have with him is he kept trotting Justice out there after his abysmal play

This criticism is reeeeaaalllllyyy reaching for something to ***** about.

Tvd had enough time to throw for ~500 yards
It is way easier to pass block then to run block. 77 needs to diet something fierce! Flabbapolu. Strong but cant move for ****. looked like Big Tony in the longest yard.
1665328855837.png

Advertisement
As down as I am on stuff, I’m not mad a Mirabal. Guys like Scaife and Justice are ***. I’m not expecting him to make them competent. If he did it would be an award winning job. Only issue I have with him is he kept trotting Justice out there after his abysmal play
OL is a development position and not a overnight position imo.

once they get their guys on the OL, it will look more what were used to seeing from Mario. not worried at all about the OL and its hard to worry considering were recruiting the OL at an elite level right now. im concerned w WR and DB recruiting more

OL looked GREAT against A&M for the most part. We looked like a tough oline that could run block

Not we cant open a single hole against MTSU and UNC. Run game is a joke

This team just loves to find new ways to suck.

If Mario can keep the stud OL committed, and get ‘Pancake’ from CT, we’ll begin to see improvement.

The OL problem is mostly twofold for me right now at least what you can tell from a television set. Trying to keep it in layman's terms here.

First, they don't work together. You really can't pinpoint why that is unless you're there daily and know what their assignments are. We've had some shifting around of players or players just out and that does affect how they gel together as a unit. I've talked about it before, but it's a feel and almost a sixth sense. You see what's happening and you know how the guy to the side of you is going to react. There's a lot of confusion by our guys in that department. The more you can become like one living and breathing organism, the better you'll do as one.

Secondly, we don't have a lot of light or quick on their feet guys. Some are just downright awkward. Run blocking they're letting guys get underneath them rather than getting their hands on them and winning the leverage battle. There's a lot of our guys getting knocked off balance and even to the ground because they aren't winning the initial contact. You'll see them in short yardage situations try to get underneath and drive or collapse the DL, but they're getting knocked to the ground a lot.

Strength, I don't know if they are or aren't strong. What's their stamina levels? That's something you can't tell too much about on television. We aren't very physical, but physical can be determined by all of the above. Maybe we're strong by lifting standards but at the expense of stamina and twitch. We definitely aren't outmuscling anyone though and it just isn't here and there it's hardly ever. The two things above can make a physically dominant OL look better than just being beasts in the strength department.

Advertisement
Zion graded as the 2nd best Tackle in the country last 6 games of last year.

He was fantastic. It would allow Campbell to go to RT, Sacife(which graded as our best OL yesterday) back to RG where he was 2nd team ALL ACC last season.

But hey proceed with the narrative that Zion isn't that good, and starting a UNLV transfer doesn't impact the OL.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

2nd best graded tackle in the country by whom? Pro Football Focus that doesn't know the blocking assignments and is laughed at by virtually every coaching staff in the country? He was so ******* good that he had to come back b/c he got **** draft grade prospects.

To be clear I'm not saying he's not one of our better lineman but he's not an Outland Trophy winner and he hasn't been in available.

Last edited:
Can't make delicious chicken salad out of chicken ****!

Is he cutting em off yet?

OL has been my biggest disappointment along with Gattis and Steele
OL is pretty banged up right now, but we can still pass block. The pass blocking this season has been the best it's been in a long time and that's without Zion Nelson and other OLs injured

Advertisement
Advertisement
We knew at the start of the season we had a competent starting line but questionable depth. Yesterday we had 4 people out and were down to a 3rd string center (the line position that usually calls the blocking schemes).

What does anyone expect to happen?

Tvd had enough time to throw for ~500 yards
Thank you. Our OL as constructed is a pass blocking OL, and does a pretty good job of this going back to last year. But they simply lack the size to be a power spread OL. Mario came in with a scheme which Gattis also runs which requires a different body type at OL. And Mario believed that his toughness and Mirabal’s coaching was good enough to create a change over one off season. It is not.
For UM to run a power spread we need OL like the guys we have committed.

Prediciton. Rest fo this year we air it out and accept what we have at OL. Give TVD time and he can still really sling the rock, as we saw last year. Basically hand the offense over to him this season and accept the results and wait until next year to make any real changes. This year we are literally putting a silk hat on a sow and acting like its no longer a sow. Not going to work.

ever since last year this bunch has been decent at pass protection but run blocking was horrible. nothing new to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back