Mirabal’s arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We’ve had a RT issue for years

Zion isn’t going anywhere so I’m hoping Mauigoa can be ready to go at the spot next year

Normally not ideal but that kid is a grown man already

Thank you. Our OL as constructed is a pass blocking OL, and does a pretty good job of this going back to last year. But they simply lack the size to be a power spread OL. Mario came in with a scheme which Gattis also runs which requires a different body type at OL. And Mario believed that his toughness and Mirabal’s coaching was good enough to create a change over one off season. It is not.
For UM to run a power spread we need OL like the guys we have committed.

Prediciton. Rest fo this year we air it out and accept what we have at OL. Give TVD time and he can still really sling the rock, as we saw last year. Basically hand the offense over to him this season and accept the results and wait until next year to make any real changes. This year we are literally putting a silk hat on a sow and acting like its no longer a sow. Not going to work.
I like your prediction and I hope its what we see. I just dont know if the staff will completely shift what they believe in full time. I know they did it yesterday and was a great start but you still saw the Mario stubbornness in his approach creep up in key spots (goal line situation where we can't run the ball in on anyone and we still did it the same way and random slow it down check w me after going w pace and tempo right before it). I hope this is the true transformation and not a one game blip

Rivers is a more talented OL than Nelson. Zion is a good pass blocker, he is not a good run blocker. He's not going to be drafted if he doesn't play this year. He's got to come back to improve his chances.

Our fanbase is grossly overrating (again) Nelson's current standing.

Advertisement
Is he cutting em off yet?

OL has been my biggest disappointment along with Gattis and Steele
How will he wipe his own *** or eat a pub sub without arms? Couldn't he just say "finger" instead? We'd get the nub of it.

Diabeetus GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, but we need Nelson.

He is our best OL, and he has hardly played all season.
He's not our best offensive lineman right now. He can't help us while injured.

It's a false expectation to think a player is going to perform at a high level coming off a surgery, missing most of Fall camp, and only playing in 2 of 5 games. I also believe he had a setback and didn't suit up for UNC.

It's probably in his best interest to shut it down and return next year for his 5th season. Perhaps he returns this year, but I think it's in his best interest to return next year at full strength and show everyone he's the first round draft pick people think he is.

Agreed. He's by far the worst of the bunch. Once Zion is ready you bench him and move Campbell to the right side.
I’d actually move him inside. There’s no need to disrupt DJ being that he’s doing an above average job on the right side. Let DJ stay where he’s comfortable and let John be our Swiss army knife.

Advertisement
Btw I though Logan looked really good at guard on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back