Mincey

I appreciate this response.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I read it as you expecting Mario will right the ship as far as talent, character, and culture. I also read it as you trust Mario to build a competent and hard working staff to help develop talent, recruit, and set the right tone. And that the key to that tone/culture will be hard work. But, the open question will be can he improve on game day and minimize those mistakes so that the talent advantage can prevails on Saturdays.
Just change Mario w Butch. And we may have something
Sometimes it takes an EJ on the field or a DJ in a recruiting class.
We've got the recruit part down. Now we need the dawg on the field

Advertisement
I appreciate this response.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I read it as you expecting Mario will right the ship as far as talent, character, and culture. I also read it as you trust Mario to build a competent and hard working staff to help develop talent, recruit, and set the right tone. And that the key to that tone/culture will be hard work. But, the open question will be can he improve on game day and minimize those mistakes so that the talent advantage can prevails on Saturdays.
That is the question to be seen. In my eyes it's not a perspective of can HE improve. It's will he continue to allow the coordinators to do what's they're employed to do while still maintaining a presence with them. Because some things he's blamed for are only his responsibility in essence.

Advertisement
Our culture previously was broken. We haven't had kids who just simply play football in the longest. Kids who breathe this ****. Leaders and dudes who come here to work. The biggest issue we all had back when we were success is we brought in kids who knew this was their opportunity to get out of the gutters. We came in large part from broken backgrounds and football was our lifeline. We got away from that for far too long now and started prioritizing athletes and intangibles more than character of individuals. We've brought in kids who were all about themselves and just wanted camera time. They danced and prioritized chains and touchdown rings... Mario don't give a **** about all that dumb **** and no matter what anyone here thinks about him he understands what it takes to build a factory from a talent and team perspective more than **** near any head coach in the country. THAT DOESNT MEAN HE KNOWS HOW TO COACH THEM BETTER THAN ANYONE. He clearly has to get better on GameDay. But in developement,in building a staff,in building a team top to bottom he's EXACTLY what we need. Will he get in the way at the end of the day once we build up the product to where we need(just like people thought butch did)I personally don't believe he will. But that's to be determined. First and foremost let's just get this team back to where we're built to compete with ANYONE each and every saturday.

This is exactly how I feel!

I think we all know Asante Samuel Jr was one.
Way bigger. Two out of state 5* who both wanted offers. Manny didn't want to fight for the top out of state guys like that, so he wouldn't even let Mike offer them.

You know the saying you miss 100% of the shots you don't take? Manny was the type to not take them.

Mike was never going to be an elite elite recruiter. But Manny didn't even give him a chance to try.

Way bigger. Two out of state 5* who both wanted offers. Manny didn't want to fight for the top out of state guys like that, so he wouldn't even let Mike offer them.

You know the saying you miss 100% of the shots you don't take? Manny was the type to not take them.

Mike was never going to be an elite elite recruiter. But Manny didn't even give him a chance to try.
Dude literally said it's just taking offers and FaceTime away from guys in our own backyard. Said we couldn't justify the expense necessary of traveling to recruit them. Dudes were **** near begging for offers and we just kept them on a back burner.

Advertisement
That is the question to be seen. In my eyes it's not a perspective of can HE improve. It's will he continue to allow the coordinators to do what's they're employed to do while still maintaining a presence with them. Because some things he's blamed for are only his responsibility in essence.

Mario will unclench his fist if he can trust the players and coaches. I really like the staff now outside of Addae. I do have some questions still about Dawson. Guidry, JT, Mirabal, Salave’a, Beard and Nicholson are an A team. Don’t know enough about Harris and Woodiel other than I don’t like how the RBs and TEs were used overall.

Last edited:
I remember when his nickname was Botch. And we all remember the banner.
Oh I remember. Started Clement over the more talented covington. Who was that poor DT he started for like 3 years. Was 250lbs. It was ugly. But he simply out recruited out talented and eventually out played everyone.
Still was terrible in time management. Would not alter his game plan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back