Mincey

Advertisement
His recruiting says otherwise, not his coaching. As I've made clear throughout the years, I'll take a coach who can affect everyone in his room with his coaching and developement over a Recruiter any day. Travaris has literally parlayed this long *** career off the backs of being at programs early on that bought recruits. His track record says he's had a few high 4 or 5 star dudes who he's put in the league. Maybe those dudes didn't need his coaching too tough. Cause look what his track record says about all the other dudes he's coached throughout the years that didn't amount to anything.
There isn't a single CB that plays the position that doesn't need Coaching.

Every 4 & 5-star CB doesn't get to the league, or have success in the league, so if his only attribute is being able to recruit high-ranked Corners who make it to the league, then that means he knows what he's doing.

His recruiting says otherwise, not his coaching. As I've made clear throughout the years, I'll take a coach who can affect everyone in his room with his coaching and developement over a Recruiter any day. Travaris has literally parlayed this long *** career off the backs of being at programs early on that bought recruits. His track record says he's had a few high 4 or 5 star dudes who he's put in the league. Maybe those dudes didn't need his coaching too tough. Cause look what his track record says about all the other dudes he's coached throughout the years that didn't amount to anything.

Does that logic extend to the HC position, too? Would you take a HC that can positively effect everyone on the team with his game-day coaching and management over a recruiter?

Advertisement
Does that logic extend to the HC position, too? Would you take a HC that can positively effect everyone on the team with his game-day coaching and management over a recruiter?
I guess u think you got me with that one huh? Like I've been said all I care about is fixing this program. So for the RIGHT HEAD COACH absolutely I would. In our instance as far as it relates to a HEAD COACH we have exactly who we need for our situation right now. And a position coach doesn't have **** to do with game day coaching just like a head coach isn't instrumental for game days with most coaches now. Coordinators are what matters for GameDay. A position coaches job takes place monday-thursday or Tuesday to Friday depending on the program. A head coach is simply a puppetmaster. The reality is yall will find something to nag about no matter what. You want a GameDay coach than bring back coker,onion and mandy... How did all that work out?

Position coaches are there for recruiting. That's their job. That's the point. Fire Addae.

Advertisement
I guess u think you got me with that one huh? Like I've been said all I care about is fixing this program. So for the RIGHT HEAD COACH absolutely I would. In our instance as far as it relates to a HEAD COACH we have exactly who we need for our situation right now. And a position coach doesn't have **** to do with game day coaching just like a head coach isn't instrumental for game days with most coaches now. Coordinators are what matters for GameDay. A position coaches job takes place monday-thursday or Tuesday to Friday depending on the program. A head coach is simply a puppetmaster. The reality is yall will find something to nag about no matter what. You want a GameDay coach than bring back coker,onion and mandy... How did all that work out?

You're getting defensive for no reason. I asked you a simple question because I was interested in your take on the attributes for a successful HC. You seemed to indicate you prefer coaches who can coach and develop versus recruit. I was curious whether that extended to the HC in your opinion (or if it was the opposite for the HC). It seems the answer is no because you don't expect the HC to be doing much on game day beyond hiring the coordinators and letting them run the show. I consider a good HC (even one who doesn't call plays) more like a CEO. I expect them to be involved on game days, set the tone on the sidelines, but not step on the toes of their coordinators.

I never said assistant coaches have anything to do with game management on game day. Wish they did on this team thoigh, then maybe somebody would have listened to Mirabal and taken a knee vs. GT.

And I'm not sure what Coker, Shannon, or Diaz has to do with this discussion, but they were all terrible HCs. But, huge LOL at any of those guys being good game day HCs. Like me, I expect you want this team to aspire to greatness, not mediocrity. So comparisons to sub-par HCs that were internal hires without any sort of coaching search are worthless. We should do much better than that.

You're getting defensive for no reason. I asked you a simple question because I was interested in your take on the attributes for a successful HC. You seemed to indicate you prefer coaches who can coach and develop versus recruit. I was curious whether that extended to the HC in your opinion (or if it was the opposite for the HC). It seems the answer is no because you don't expect the HC to be doing much on game day beyond hiring the coordinators and letting them run the show. I consider a good HC (even one who doesn't call plays) more like a CEO. I expect them to be involved on game days, set the tone on the sidelines, but not step on the toes of their coordinators.

I never said assistant coaches have anything to do with game management on game day. Wish they did on this team thoigh, then maybe somebody would have listened to Mirabal and taken a knee vs. GT.

And I'm not sure what Coker, Shannon, or Diaz has to do with this discussion, but they were all terrible HCs. But, huge LOL at any of those guys being good game day HCs. Like me, I expect you want this team to aspire to greatness, not mediocrity. So comparisons to sub-par HCs that were internal hires without any sort of coaching search are worthless. We should do much better than that.
A ceo is definitely what u want out of a head coach. He has his hands in what's going on but he doesn't take over coordinators duties. Mirabal wasn't the only one who was saying take a knee. At the end of the day no one was forceful enough about it. Top to bottom. Ericson,Coker,onion and Mandy were game day coaches. Other than Ericson they weren't good game day coaches but that's what they were. It's not an effective way to run a program in my eyes. Everyone has a role and a hc has to know how to spread around responsibility and let coaches do what they were brought on for.

A ceo is definitely what u want out of a head coach. He has his hands in what's going on but he doesn't take over coordinators duties. Mirabal wasn't the only one who was saying take a knee. At the end of the day no one was forceful enough about it. Top to bottom. Ericson,Coker,onion and Mandy were game day coaches. Other than Ericson they weren't good game day coaches but that's what they were. It's not an effective way to run a program in my eyes. Everyone has a role and a hc has to know how to spread around responsibility and let coaches do what they were brought on for.

That is all fair. No disagreement on any of that here.

I have another honest question for you and I do not want you to think this is meant in a mocking or fecetious way. I legitimately want to hear your thought process on this because I thought the words you used were strong. A couple of posts up you wrote, "In our instance as far as it relates to a HEAD COACH we have exactly who we need for our situation right now."

As specific as you are willing to go into, what is it about Mario as HC here that leads you to that opinion?

Advertisement
That is all fair. No disagreement on any of that here.

I have another honest question for you and I do not want you to think this is meant in a mocking or fecetious way. I legitimately want to hear your thought process on this because I thought the words you used were strong. A couple of posts up you wrote, "In our instance as far as it relates to a HEAD COACH we have exactly who we need for our situation right now."

As specific as you are willing to go into, what is it about Mario as HC here that leads you to that opinion?
Our culture previously was broken. We haven't had kids who just simply play football in the longest. Kids who breathe this ****. Leaders and dudes who come here to work. The biggest issue we all had back when we were success is we brought in kids who knew this was their opportunity to get out of the gutters. We came in large part from broken backgrounds and football was our lifeline. We got away from that for far too long now and started prioritizing athletes and intangibles more than character of individuals. We've brought in kids who were all about themselves and just wanted camera time. They danced and prioritized chains and touchdown rings... Mario don't give a **** about all that dumb **** and no matter what anyone here thinks about him he understands what it takes to build a factory from a talent and team perspective more than **** near any head coach in the country. THAT DOESNT MEAN HE KNOWS HOW TO COACH THEM BETTER THAN ANYONE. He clearly has to get better on GameDay. But in developement,in building a staff,in building a team top to bottom he's EXACTLY what we need. Will he get in the way at the end of the day once we build up the product to where we need(just like people thought butch did)I personally don't believe he will. But that's to be determined. First and foremost let's just get this team back to where we're built to compete with ANYONE each and every saturday.

No one around here wants to take a second to realize under mike, he had our dbs(no matter who they were)playing by far their best ball. The issue everyone had was recruiting and NO ONE wants to take a second to acknowledge he had no authority in that. He went after who Mandy & the bartender told him to and the former players everyone holds against him being Tyson Campbell and surtain both got BIG bags to go where they did. Even if yall wanna put that on him,he still was a **** of a coach and developer of talent.
Mike was told not to recruit certain kids. Btw, he was also coaching our safeties at the time. EVERY starter he coached got to the NFL

Mike was told not to recruit certain kids. Btw, he was also coaching our safeties at the time. EVERY starter he coached got to the NFL
Exactly. All these people that say banda was this and that don't have a clue what they talking about. Dude cost us along with Mandy some **** good kids who if we were allowed to go after would've completely flipped the narrative on mike.

Advertisement
Exactly. All these people that say banda was this and that don't have a clue what they talking about. Dude cost us along with Mandy some **** good kids who if we were allowed to go after would've completely flipped the narrative on mike.
Manny was a lazy recruiter. he went after kids who didnt had the best offers because he hated recruiting. when he first got to PSU he was whining that Franklin made him work so hard at it.

I know two of the names you're talking about. Its criminal what they did to that man.

Our culture previously was broken. We haven't had kids who just simply play football in the longest. Kids who breathe this ****. Leaders and dudes who come here to work. The biggest issue we all had back when we were success is we brought in kids who knew this was their opportunity to get out of the gutters. We came in large part from broken backgrounds and football was our lifeline. We got away from that for far too long now and started prioritizing athletes and intangibles more than character of individuals. We've brought in kids who were all about themselves and just wanted camera time. They danced and prioritized chains and touchdown rings... Mario don't give a **** about all that dumb **** and no matter what anyone here thinks about him he understands what it takes to build a factory from a talent and team perspective more than **** near any head coach in the country. THAT DOESNT MEAN HE KNOWS HOW TO COACH THEM BETTER THAN ANYONE. He clearly has to get better on GameDay. But in developement,in building a staff,in building a team top to bottom he's EXACTLY what we need. Will he get in the way at the end of the day once we build up the product to where we need(just like people thought butch did)I personally don't believe he will. But that's to be determined. First and foremost let's just get this team back to where we're built to compete with ANYONE each and every saturday.

I appreciate this response.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I read it as you expecting Mario will right the ship as far as talent, character, and culture. I also read it as you trust Mario to build a competent and hard working staff to help develop talent, recruit, and set the right tone. And that the key to that tone/culture will be hard work. But, the open question will be can he improve on game day and minimize those mistakes so that the talent advantage can prevails on Saturdays.

Advertisement
Back