2024 Mike "Tank" Williams 3* OT from MD

Advertisement
The tackle out of Baltimore has been to Miami a few times this year. He originally had an official visit to Miami set for June 23. That weekend now belongs to South Carolina and I’m told Miami is going in a different direction. Just wanted to pass along. -InsideTheU

Advertisement
The tackle out of Baltimore has been to Miami a few times this year. He originally had an official visit to Miami set for June 23. That weekend now belongs to South Carolina and I’m told Miami is going in a different direction. Just wanted to pass along. -InsideTheU
I actually posted this on this board yesterday

In terms of the big powerful 330 type RT/Guard that could use some work in other areas...Minaya and Williams were probably competing for one spot. **** there may even be a guy like McCroy from Bama that they were both behind.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s either or.

We can’t take both guys in the same class
So you're saying Juan needs to be careful about what he wishes for. If Tank slides into this class, Juan will have to slide out.

So you're saying Juan needs to be careful about what he wishes for. If Tank slides into this class, Juan will have to slide out.

Miami took Minaya first, so I’m assuming he was higher on the board.

Minaya would have to step out on his own in order to give way to Williams. I don’t know that Miami would drop Minaya for Williams.

In the late winter, I thought Williams was way ahead of Minaya until he committed first.

They are the same player.

Size and physicality, but limited movement skills.

They’d get a shot at tackle, but more than likely end up inside if they develop and get snaps.
I get what you’re saying and maybe that’s also how our coaches feel. To me, you stack these body types cuz as you said these dudes probably move to Guard. You can win a lot of games with just leaning on people with the size and strength we’re bringing in. I know there’s dudes higher on our board but just my opinion we should take both. Especially since it’s a down year for OLine

Advertisement
Back