Mike smith now a 4 Star

Guys, we can add Mike Smith to the LIST of players this staff has identified EARLY on that only turned out to IMPROVE in their ranking. This STAFF has a real eye for TALENT, and it seems to be a trend for them. How many TIMES have we offered a kid EARLY on in the process only to watch him gain additional STARS? Or what about kids we OFFERED in the junior years, at a time when we were their only major offer, only to see big time programs come calling DOWN the stretch?

It just speaks HIGHLY to the ability of the staff to recognize GREAT players. They aren't USING recruiting services. They are using their God GIVEN ability to seek out the BEST talent for this scheme. It reminds me of Butch Davis's EVALUATION ability.

I'd say the staff is about average when it comes to talent evaluation. There's a good amount of misses, both those who received offers and those who didn't.

Advertisement
Golden's recruiting class just got stronger.

* Mike Smith gets 4th star
* Chad Thomas gets 5th star (on 247)
But we lost any hope of winning the Recruiting Championship.

bro be happy we still pull the talent we can...

ecspecially when you have instate UCF winning a bcs game and beating a team that pushed our **** in with loserville

Guys, we can add Mike Smith to the LIST of players this staff has identified EARLY on that only turned out to IMPROVE in their ranking. This STAFF has a real eye for TALENT, and it seems to be a trend for them. How many TIMES have we offered a kid EARLY on in the process only to watch him gain additional STARS? Or what about kids we OFFERED in the junior years, at a time when we were their only major offer, only to see big time programs come calling DOWN the stretch?

It just speaks HIGHLY to the ability of the staff to recognize GREAT players. They aren't USING recruiting services. They are using their God GIVEN ability to seek out the BEST talent for this scheme. It reminds me of Butch Davis's EVALUATION ability.

268.jpg

Advertisement

I'd say the staff is about average when it comes to talent evaluation. There's a good amount of misses, both those who received offers and those who didn't.

this^

they make a incredible find on the other side of the country in Kaaya, but then don't recruit a talent like Sean White..

they make a great find in Alex Figueroa, but miss in a HUGE way on Skai..

and my main problem with their miss-evaluations, is that they're local

this^

they make a incredible find on the other side of the country in Kaaya, but then don't recruit a talent like Sean White..

Trust the process...

;)

this^

People often bring up the Skai situation, but fail to put it into context. I wanted the kid also, and clearly he is a stud. But the issue was our limited numbers, given the pending sanctions. the choice was Matthew Thomas or Skai Moore. Posters and pundits universally agreed that MT was the better prospect. If we had room, I'm sure they would have offered Skai earlier. In the end, that BTW cluster**** hurt us more than just losing MT and DK; it likely cost us Skai as well.

Advertisement

this^

People often bring up the Skai situation, but fail to put it into context. I wanted the kid also, and clearly he is a stud. But the issue was our limited numbers, given the pending sanctions. the choice was Matthew Thomas or Skai Moore. Posters and pundits universally agreed that MT was the better prospect. If we had room, I'm sure they would have offered Skai earlier. In the end, that BTW cluster**** hurt us more than just losing MT and DK; it likely cost us Skai as well.

That doesn't mean you ignore Skai throughout the entire process to only insult him a last second offer.

this^

That doesn't mean you ignore Skai throughout the entire process to only insult him a last second offer.

Fair enough. They definitely could have done a better job of staying in contact with him and stroking his ego.

lol, yes, the mark of a great evaluator is that the kids that they offer acquire more stars from recruiting services. Give me a break. How about what his signees do on the actual field? The way I judge evaluations is based on how the kids perform in college football, not on whether Rivals hands them a 4th star. If Mike Smith turns out to be a stud, then it was a good evaluation. Right now, based on what I've seen from Golden's evaluation of diamonds-in-the-rough, it's pretty dubious that he has an eye for talent, no matter how many words you capitalize in your posts. And then you compare him to Butch, which makes me think you may just be trolling or clinically insane.

268.jpg

That is some hot girl on girl action

Advertisement

268.jpg

That is some hot girl on girl action

does that broad have any eligibility left? That's the NT we need to run the 3-4. Sign her up.

lol, yes, the mark of a great evaluator is that the kids that they offer acquire more stars from recruiting services. Give me a break. How about what his signees do on the actual field? The way I judge evaluations is based on how the kids perform in college football, not on whether Rivals hands them a 4th star. If Mike Smith turns out to be a stud, then it was a good evaluation. Right now, based on what I've seen from Golden's evaluation of diamonds-in-the-rough, it's pretty dubious that he has an eye for talent, no matter how many words you capitalize in your posts. And then you compare him to Butch, which makes me think you may just be trolling or clinically insane.

Guys, it's FUNNY to me that someone with a MAP is this lost. Al "Nyum Nyums" Golden has been eating up ALL the under-the-radar prospects SINCE he's been here. Rashawn SCOTT, Rayshawn Jenkins, Eddie Johnson, HERB Waters - are just some of the NAMES of the guys Golden has UNEARTHED. These names AREN'T even taking into account kids he's OFFERED early in the process only to watch them EXPLODE. When Golden OFFERED Brad Kaaya, he had never even THROWN a football. Now, he is having ELEGANT in-home dinners with Jim Mora JR and the USC STAFF.

The only THING dubious is your EYE for talent. You don't HAVE what Golden does. Not ONLY are the guys I listed some of the names who OUT PERFORM their ranking at Miami, I'm not EVEN including Dallas or Antonio, the brothers CRAWFORD. Or maybe you were busy READING your map when OLSEN Pierre became a standout DEFENSIVE linemen for the Miami Hurricanes. I think you SHOULD return your map because it's obviously OLD and covered in dried SAGE because it's from the SPICE trade. That's the only REASON I can see you denying the ON the field results of Al "NYUM nyums" Golden.

Advertisement
You're straight out of the loony bin, and have been since you've become a mercenary in defense of Fat Al. I'm not going to go through the roster and point out to you his misses and those players who appear that they will be misses, nor will I go through the list of local kids who we didn't offer but ended up balling out else (see, e.g., James Burgess). This is because, unlike you, I really don't have to time write biblically long posts littered with random caps words. I just don't.

What I can say is this: (1) You're going so far, and you're so zealous in your defense of Fat Al, that you've just compared him to Butch Davis, who is arguably the greatest evaluator of talent in the history of college football and who assembled the greatest, most talented college football team EVER (some caps for you) while we were on probation. Talk about a completely absurd, non-sensical comparison. (2) IF Golden is so great at amassing talent, then what gives? Is he really that bad of a gameday coach? I mean, it has to be one or the other, right? He's either a crazy astute evaluator of talent who sucks at actually coaching football, or he's a half-decent evaluator who is mediocre on gameday. I don't know which it is, but it's one of the two, because the results have been mediocre.

Bottom line, I see some good evals from him, and I see some bad ones. I see good pickups, and I see bad misses. Proof will be in the pudding. Thus far, the pudding tastes like ballz.

Guys, it's FUNNY to me that someone with a MAP is this lost. Al "Nyum Nyums" Golden has been eating up ALL the under-the-radar prospects SINCE he's been here. Rashawn SCOTT, Rayshawn Jenkins, Eddie Johnson, HERB Waters - are just some of the NAMES of the guys Golden has UNEARTHED. These names AREN'T even taking into account kids he's OFFERED early in the process only to watch them EXPLODE. When Golden OFFERED Brad Kaaya, he had never even THROWN a football. Now, he is having ELEGANT in-home dinners with Jim Mora JR and the USC STAFF.

The only THING dubious is your EYE for talent. You don't HAVE what Golden does. Not ONLY are the guys I listed some of the names who OUT PERFORM their ranking at Miami, I'm not EVEN including Dallas or Antonio, the brothers CRAWFORD. Or maybe you were busy READING your map when OLSEN Pierre became a standout DEFENSIVE linemen for the Miami Hurricanes. I think you SHOULD return your map because it's obviously OLD and covered in dried SAGE because it's from the SPICE trade. That's the only REASON I can see you denying the ON the field results of Al "NYUM nyums" Golden.

Advertisement
Back