Mike smith now a 4 Star

Advertisement
Advertisement
I guess I can get excited about Mike now that he has that 4th star. I wasn't so sure about him with only 3...

when asked is there a reason he's not listed as a Miami commit

Chad Simmons ‏@ChadSimmons_ 43m
Yes, because he is still considering other schools and says he will likely take other visits.

scout also has berrios as a low 3* and Kayaa is like the 18th best QB so take that into consideration

Advertisement
This kid has earned his ranking with results on the field. Love it...nothing was given to him by any means, and he didn't camp much. Mike was just about playing football at a high level and earning his keep. Congrats kid.

This kid plus Chad Thomas and Demetrius Jackson will be nice.

It's easy to forget about some kids when some others decommit, but we shouldn't.

Golden's recruiting class just got stronger.

* Mike Smith gets 4th star
* Chad Thomas gets 5th star (on 247)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys, we can add Mike Smith to the LIST of players this staff has identified EARLY on that only turned out to IMPROVE in their ranking. This STAFF has a real eye for TALENT, and it seems to be a trend for them. How many TIMES have we offered a kid EARLY on in the process only to watch him gain additional STARS? Or what about kids we OFFERED in the junior years, at a time when we were their only major offer, only to see big time programs come calling DOWN the stretch?

It just speaks HIGHLY to the ability of the staff to recognize GREAT players. They aren't USING recruiting services. They are using their God GIVEN ability to seek out the BEST talent for this scheme. It reminds me of Butch Davis's EVALUATION ability.

that is huge...it is hard to get a 4* on scout much respect...

what do u mean by this? scout usually has the most 5* and 4* than the other major recruiting sites

They usually have more 5 stars (40 this year). So that means they have 260 4 stars. If you arent in their top 300, you arent a 4 star. Other sites give out a lot of 4 stars to kids outside their top whatever (especially ESPN).

Chad also #11 overall. #2 DE. Well deserved.

Guys, we can add Mike Smith to the LIST of players this staff has identified EARLY on that only turned out to IMPROVE in their ranking. This STAFF has a real eye for TALENT, and it seems to be a trend for them. How many TIMES have we offered a kid EARLY on in the process only to watch him gain additional STARS? Or what about kids we OFFERED in the junior years, at a time when we were their only major offer, only to see big time programs come calling DOWN the stretch?

It just speaks HIGHLY to the ability of the staff to recognize GREAT players. They aren't USING recruiting services. They are using their God GIVEN ability to seek out the BEST talent for this scheme. It reminds me of Butch Davis's EVALUATION ability.

Dude, what's with all the caps?

Oh...

288.gif

that is huge...it is hard to get a 4* on scout much respect...

what do u mean by this? scout usually has the most 5* and 4* than the other major recruiting sites

They usually have more 5 stars (40 this year). So that means they have 260 4 stars. If you arent in their top 300, you arent a 4 star. Other sites give out a lot of 4 stars to kids outside their top whatever (especially ESPN).

Chad also #11 overall. #2 DE. Well deserved.

eh, I'm not a big fan of scout's rankings. why limit yourself to the number of 4* kids there are? that changes year to year. and 5* are supposed to be the elite of the elite, 40 5* seems a bit excessive

Advertisement
Back