Mike Smith moved to FB

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Clearly Mike Smith is just playing FB part time... we are not even running I formation enough to warrant moving him completely from Middle Linebacker.

If true, Diaz must be putting a lot of faith in Gordinier and the freshmen lb's.

Owens will move to middle.
Still would like more depth and hope Gordinier can get into the swing of things a couple months into the season, if physically able. I saw on another thread you saw him recently. How's his stop and go and lateral movement? We've got a real chance to have a savagely deep front 7. Gordinier's health could be a tremendously valuable addition.

Advertisement
I know I've said we will go 15-0 many times but I'm going to have to wait until we know for certain whether Mike Smith is being moved completely to fullback

Why not just keep him at LB and use him at fullback in certain packages?

He provides solid depth at LB.
You mean like a fb/lb?

If you ever use him at fb he has to have a proper number. 35 can play fb/lb, 57 can't.

Why can't 57 play FB? It's college I don't think the have the same number rules as the NFL

No such rule. Assuming a reserve OL already has 57 on offense though or somebody on special teams where Smith should see a lot of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

You mean like a fb/lb?

If you ever use him at fb he has to have a proper number. 35 can play fb/lb, 57 can't.

Why can't 57 play FB? It's college I don't think the have the same number rules as the NFL

No such rule. Assuming a reserve OL already has 57 on offense though or somebody on special teams where Smith should see a lot of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense

Wilder and DJ came to town so the LB room is gonna look different. If the front 7 is as solid as expected then you gotta find ways to get dudes on the field. "This one a them good problems".

You mean like a fb/lb?

he can play FB with 57 but he is ineligible by number to catch a forward pass. Strategically it would be retarded to play someone with an ineligible number at an eligible position.

Advertisement
Please let this mean that Jennings is killing it right now. Mike Smith gotta be the #1 all time player that overrun plays/lanes. When he need to be in the A gap ni99a in the B gap. Never seen someone run themselves outta a play like he does.

Jamal Carter ring a bell?

Advertisement
Not a good sign for Mike if true...transfer time..and dont give me tha tbullshyt about taking one for the team... Mike SMith is not a FB

Not a good sign for Mike if true...transfer time..and dont give me tha tbullshyt about taking one for the team... Mike SMith is not a FB

Never fails.

NoleVern with his usual troll take, turning every fūcking thing into a negative.

It's what you do, Vern

Never fails.

NoleVern with his usual troll take, turning every fūcking thing into a negative.

It's what you do, Vern
naw not this time I dont think he can play here...he should transfer...coming out of high school he was an edge rusher he is not a linebacker anyway naturally...he should go somewhere else..

Advertisement
Back