Mike Shula not interested in the U's coaching job...Whew!!!!

Advertisement
Because the Bots are still aiming low, they need to tighten up their shot group and hire Butch Davis. They need to have a slight trigger squeeze, aim center mass with proper sight alignment, control breathing and shot. This doesn’t take a rocket scientist to please the fans the real question do they actually care???

Heck, they don't need to go though all that. Just step out in the parking lot where Butch has pitched his tent. A double tap behind the ear is fine.

They couldnt possibily mess this up could they?

Actually, I am cautiously optimistic that the BOT might have gotten the message. Couple major movers seem to be tired of losing. Also, Frenk releasing that statement supporting the team and declaring victory in a kind of "we won so stuff it" manner give me hope. Been Cane fan and alum for decades and cannot remember a president or AD who defended us instead of joining and even leading the attack. Julio is now may favorite all time Miami President -- granted that might not take much but still.

I suspect the deal is all but done. There will be enough delay to support story of search and maybe allow some agents enough time to make hay of the opportunity to have their clients look wanted, but really, is there another choice this time? They waited too long the fire Al and now have to swallow their pride and bring Butch back. To carry on your analogy -- there is only one round left, no more ranging shots.

"Within the last few days, a conversation took place between Shula and someone with University of Miami ties --- where Shula said he was not interested. Due to the sensitive information, the name of the person who spoke with Shula was not given to me." = offered the job. This kind of stuff, Cristobal stuff, etc. is what is stupid about coaching searches. Agents trying to bolster their commission or guys like Ferman/Slater trying to get hits. Gruden to Miami!!!

Advertisement
News like this is very worrisome...the fact that our BOT and Flake James are even considering a hire like this makes me want to stab my eyes out.

Advertisement
I heard Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry both turned us down. Any one contact Bill Walsh or Chuck Noll?

What a disaster that would be. Why in the world would the Canes be interested in Mike Shula? Good Lord.

Mike Shula not interested in Hurricanes job as search continues ? Slater Scoops

It is beyond embarrassing, though par for the course with UM, that they even reached out to Alabama's trash. How they could even be considering him for an interview is beyond me.

All that said, I can't blame him. His own fan base and alma mater turned on him after trying to pick up the pieces after probation, he was probably petrified of having to live the Golden life for any significant period of time.

UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back