GT Tech
(Still open to new offers )
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
11:28 AM - 17 Jun 13 · Details
Brad Kaaya ‏@TrinidadBrad 4m
@MikeSawyers_75 There we go!!

I really like Sawyers as a prospect. Give me Clark and 1 or 2 of Sawyers, Holley, Valentine and our DT class (plus 2 JUCOs) is outstanding!

Advertisement
Demetrius Campbell©
‏@dcampbell92
If Miami doesn't offer soon I'm headed to the #Big12
Reply Retweet

Campbell seems to be getting frustrated

Its good to See Kaaya working on Mike Sawyer along with Corn, this kids recruitment is blowing up intially it was a 2 horse race of GT & UM with GT in the lead just becuase they where on him first but then he got the UM offer an things changed.

I can tell you that Vandy is selling out to land this kid, which will be problematic because academics are important to him.

Ole Miss I am not concerned with I think it is more of a novelty factor with Ole Miss, and I have heard those Ole Miss Gals love them some football players. But once he really gets a look at Ole Miss and also when someone points out to him that the school still has a ways to go interms of accepting all types of people considering they allowed a KKK rally on Campus. (I do commend the hundreds of protestors that did show up out of the thousands that attend the University.) An yes its a public institution but there are ways of denying petitions for assembly to protect the public good, and if not you **** sure don't let them assemble in the heart of the campus.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/21/kkk-rally-at-ole-miss-kla_n_366475.html

Mississippi finally ratified the 13th Amendment 148yrs later which is very telling about the State and its people considering how they tried to bury it behind technicalities.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/18/mississippi-13th-amendment_n_2712289.html

U of Tenn academics is about to be slapped with an NCAA APR non-performance violation causing the football team to lose scholarships. So yes they are the home school but academics will undoubtedly cause Sawyer to look elsewhere. Not to mention UT can't hold a candle to UM's overall academics.

GT is going to be like a hemorrhoid that won't go away in recruiting this kid because Paul Johnson knows this kid has the grades to not only get into GT but also be a force on the field on the dline for them which is an extremely rare commodity for GT.

So this will be an interesting race that I am hoping can be brought to a close by summers end with his commitment to UM.

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
A KKK rally on campus??? This is a joke right? Smh. How in the **** could any minority athlete go to that school. I dont care how much money they are giving out or how many groupie chicks they got you gotta draw a line somewhere. Even as a parent you cant let ur child go to school like that. No wonder they dont get too many south florida kids if any. We know better.

Demetrius Campbell©
‏@dcampbell92
Reply Retweet

He should probably tell the staff.

Tell Staff what exactly? This kid is all over the place with his intentions, I thought it was UW or UM and now its the B12. I think that staff has moved in another direction an he sense the writing on the wall.

Well back to the OP about Micheal Sawyer no more thread jacking please.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Demetrius Campbell©
‏@dcampbell92
Reply Retweet

Tell Staff what exactly? This kid is all over the place with his intentions, I thought it was UW or UM and now its the B12. I think that staff has moved in another direction an he sense the writing on the wall.

Go Canes!

Paranoid,

My point is voicing to twitter does NOTHING and is childish.

Demetrius Campbell©
‏@dcampbell92
Reply Retweet

Go Canes!

DBC style flashbacks...

Advertisement
Demetrius Campbell©
‏@dcampbell92
Reply Retweet

Staff knows about this kid. There must be something that stopped them from offering. To bad, he sounded hungry.

Pros for D Campbell: He chases the ball and appears to be a pass-rushing DT. Cons for D Campbell: You don't see the brute force you'd like to see at the point of attack.

Alot of the plays he made on his highlight tape were clean-up tackles after things had broken down, and free releases because he went unblocked...

Kid would be just like Luther Robinson before the lightbulb went on, and even that lightbulb isn't completely tight yet. Who wants to deal with that from a JUCO kid.

This kid Mike Sawyers is baby Vince Wilfork without the gut!!!

[video=youtube_share;eX7bm1jLfJ8]http://youtu.be/eX7bm1jLfJ8[/video]

Flashback Vince:
[video=youtube_share;j6q1YWAIc8I]http://youtu.be/j6q1YWAIc8I[/video]

I say let this kid gain another 30LBS of belly fat and pay extra for the jersey; I'm joking...

But I love this kid's game more than any other DT we're after. Kid's a throwback of what every DT should be like, act like, and look like period!!

But I love this kid's game more than any other DT we're after. Kid's a throwback of what every DT should be like, act like, and look like period!!

Agreed. Three thoughts after watching that film:

1) Sawyers uses his hands well for a HS junior.
2) He would be a disgusting guard.
3) Corn Elder (#15) got a lot of snaps on defense.

Agreed. Three thoughts after watching that film:

1) Sawyers uses his hands well for a HS junior.
2) He would be a disgusting guard.
3) Corn Elder (#15) got a lot of snaps on defense.

I know most want Elder on offense, and for good reason, but I really like the idea of giving him a shot at CB. He's too slight to be a real RB (IMO) and while I know he can do well at WR, I'm really intrigued by the idea of putting a playmaker with his mentality at DB

Advertisement
Back