Mike rumph back fill beard?...

Moar HS coaches with no experience please!

You have said it many times yourself, what coach with exp who is employed is going to join this circus? I thought they should have given Lamar Thomas a courtesy call about the WR position..but why would he leave the safe haven of Petrino/UL to come here?

****, Golden might have to roll the dice with guys like Rumph/Brown/Beard because even though they are high risk, they can be high reward in regards to recruiting.

Are you f--king kidding? Lamar is a traitor douche. He negative recruits the **** out of Miami and constantly bashes attendance compared to L'Ville (like anyone has anything better to do than go to Papa John's) on social media.

:stephenahand:

That's called doing his job, in particular if it produces results. There is no dirty recruiting as far as I'm concerned, there's only results. You're paid to do a job and as long as its within the NCAA guidelines, everything is fair game. It's an ugly business and everyone does it, some better than others.

Boom to this. He is not an ambassador of UM anymore. He bleeds UL colors. That's who pays his salary. So you do whatever is necessary.

Advertisement

You have said it many times yourself, what coach with exp who is employed is going to join this circus? I thought they should have given Lamar Thomas a courtesy call about the WR position..but why would he leave the safe haven of Petrino/UL to come here?

****, Golden might have to roll the dice with guys like Rumph/Brown/Beard because even though they are high risk, they can be high reward in regards to recruiting.

Are you f--king kidding? Lamar is a traitor douche. He negative recruits the **** out of Miami and constantly bashes attendance compared to L'Ville (like anyone has anything better to do than go to Papa John's) on social media.

:stephenahand:

What exactly is "negative recruiting" as opposed to "giving the kid all the information"?

How do you know they didn't give Thomas a courtesy call?

Edit: I do hear you on the who would take the job, but sling the good recruiting stuff elsewhere. We kept hearing how this was a great recruiting staff and it's proven on paper (subject to change on the field in the future) to be anything but that.

Shrugs. Who besides Al Golden and James Coley were considered elite recruiters on this staff? I think that was just naïve fans talking on this board. I never heard a good word about any of those other guys. And we just all assumed Ice was going to be the **** because of how his name carries weight down here. He still can be great mind you. Just doesn't have a product to sell.

Donnell Bennett is due a job in Miami's administration for delivering Coley.

Mike rumph hasn't delivered miami any recruits just a lot of conjecture.

I will always root for Rumph, but until he sends some of his hired gun players to Miami I have to support the guy he has actually delivered for us.

Go Canes
Lol you sound like football reject like them kids will go to miami when it's under Al folden scheme . 6 and 7 is hard to swallow

Advertisement
Advertisement

No one with any sense would board this wreckage as guys are clearly jumping off to save themselves.

As for recruiting, Beard had one job this past cycle and failed. He couldn't even convince Scarlett, who he had a long relationship with from U School, to stick with UM.

No one with any sense would board this wreckage as guys are clearly jumping off to save themselves.

As for recruiting, Beard had one job this past cycle and failed. He couldn't even convince Scarlett, who he had a long relationship with from U School, to stick with UM.

Is beard really a good recruiter .I remember when he played at miami there were threads about him on grassy been a bit of a weirdo,loner and a bit soft(been respectful here).

Is beard really a good recruiter .I remember when he played at miami there were threads about him on grassy been a bit of a weirdo,loner and a bit soft(been respectful here).

Beard's from New Jersey, so he's got that going for him. As far as his personality goes, I don't know anything about him. I've heard the same things you have, but I don't know him.

I do know that he coached Scarlett at U School, and couldn't convince him to stay committed here. That's the only hard recruiting info I have to go on.

Advertisement
The real/further proof will be with sam bruce. U school kid who is a WR. Beard HAS to lock him up.

Beard's from New Jersey, so he's got that going for him. As far as his personality goes, I don't know anything about him. I've heard the same things you have, but I don't know him.

I do know that he coached Scarlett at U School, and couldn't convince him to stay committed here. That's the only hard recruiting info I have to go on.

Born there but he went to school at Plant

I know where he went to school. He was born in New Jersey, so he's from New Jersey.

Pretty sure his QB in HS was the Schneider kid who was dying to come to UM but went to UCF when we didn't want him.

Advertisement
Why do I feel like Golden's core staff have trouble relating to local kids so they're hiring a bunch of position coaches who can? (instead of actually hiring coaching technicians)

I mean, it may pay dividends in recruiting so I'm not complaining about it yet...

But is there a less-experienced staff in major college football?

I know where he went to school. He was born in New Jersey, so he's from New Jersey.

Pretty sure his QB in HS was the Schneider kid who was dying to come to UM but went to UCF when we didn't want him.

If he spent the majority of childhood and adult life in south Florida his roots are obviously in south Florida and not New Jersey. Same goes for Kyrie Irving who was born in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I feel like Golden's core staff have trouble relating to local kids so they're hiring a bunch of position coaches who can? (instead of actually hiring coaching technicians)

I mean, it may pay dividends in recruiting so I'm not complaining about it yet...

But is there a less-experienced staff in major college football?

it's been a problem since he got here and that's why he hired coley

If he spent the majority of childhood and adult life in south Florida his roots are obviously in south Florida and not New Jersey. Same goes for Kyrie Irving who was born in Australia. But whatever suits your boat

Schneider was a douche. I played with him at UCF

Advertisement
Back