Mike Greenberg Eviscerates Curby Dumb

in a coaching change situation a kid should have an open field...

but if he chooses to go and then wants to leave I have no issues with restrictions ..

this place would have blown up if Kaaya or Duke would have went to FSU or UF...

Advertisement
I bet you guys wouldn't be saying this if Kaaya wanted to transfer to UGA

Actually, a Player can transfer to ANY college of his choice. The problem is twofold:

(1) Player has to sit out the upcoming/next year

(2) If player chooses a school prohibited by current college, he can't accept a scholarship for the upcoming /next year?

I suggest.

(1) Go to a FCS or JC for a year and then to transfer to college of choice

(2) Sit out a year and train like a beast and then transfer to college of choice

Those 2 suggestions... you say that like there isnt a huge risk of doing that and it going horribly wrong, especially of how the JUCO system works. The simple solution and the right solution is just allowing those players to transfer where ever they want. For example even if it was some redshirt popular recruit on Miami and he said i wanna go somewhere else... fine GO idc because i know the bets thing for Miami football is having players who WANT to Canes!! Actually Kiy Hester fits that example cause i would have LOVED to see what he could do for us and he had a very honorable reason for wanting to transfer.

I don't support the current rules. I think they are BS.

Even better

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15064180[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Man everybody does that ish...who cares...NCAA needs to stop that ish

If you wanna transfer to a lower tier school You are eligible to play next year

If you wanna transfer to another FBS school you have to wait a year...if a school is found tampering with your player they lose 2 scholarships and fined a milly

99% of the coaches band a kid from going to someone on their schedule or future schedule. The fact that he won't let the kid transfer to Miami is fvckin awful.

My only guess is that he's worried others may follow (because players loved Richt)

I bet you guys wouldn't be saying this if Kaaya wanted to transfer to UGA

We don't play UGA. If the kid truly didn't want to play at Miami anymore, and was a 3rd stringer, why would I care?
We've had kids transfer out.

A starter QB who's a stud is a different story.

Is this guard for them even a starter? That wasn't the vibe I got from Greenberg.

Advertisement
College football is really big money for a lot of people, except the players. I think it's time for a minor league system. Let's face it, these kids aren't playing college ball for an education. The colleges for the most part couldn't care less about their education. They want the guys there to make the school money, period. Please, spare me the free education bit. Slaves have had free housing throughout history, so I guess it was a good thing? These kids are being used, period. They'd get a better education if they went to college after their playing days are over. That way the school actually cares about their education, not just keeping them eligible to make their school more money.

Advertisement
Back