Mike Bobo

rccollins

Sophomore
Is he the coach of Colorado State next year? They haven't been doing too hot. If he is not the head coach there next year, will Richt want to bring him on staff? I could see it.. What i can't see is him relieving his son of coaching duties. What do you guys think?

Advertisement
He has had some health issues recently. And no oc is being hired. Brown is co-oc and so is dugans. And you have richt who calls plays. The only move richt can make is letting brown or dugans call plays.

Advertisement
As was mentioned, he has had some health issues, so we don't know where that is going to go. Also, what are the expectations at Colorado State?

He's a good coach, but I think the idea was for him to strike out on his own and blaze his own trail instead of serving as an OC for Richt again.

As was mentioned, he has had some health issues, so we don't know where that is going to go. Also, what are the expectations at Colorado State?

He's a good coach, but I think the idea was for him to strike out on his own and blaze his own trail instead of serving as an OC for Richt again.
right..in my scenario - it is if for whatever reason he is available after the year.

right..in my scenario - it is if for whatever reason he is available after the year.

Well, if you're talking about him replacing Jon Richt, then yeah, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I'd also take Kenny Dorsey, for that matter.

The most realistic option is that Richt brings in an offensive analyst to help him...which he probably won’t do cause he’s stubborn.

Advertisement

But it aint working

He has had some health issues recently. And no oc is being hired. Brown is co-oc and so is dugans. And you have richt who calls plays. The only move richt can make is letting brown or dugans call plays.
This. Rick has locked himself in with his guys. He’s going to sink or swim with this group. People expecting him to fire his son or pass over Brown or Dugans if he gives up play calling aren’t paying attention.

Yeah, he's not setting the world on fire at Colorado State. But what are the expectations? I mean, we're talking about Colorado State here.

They were pretty good under Sonny Lubick. He took them to 10 wins a few times.

Advertisement
Best case scenario is we pull a Saban. Find the assistance you dont want another job. Rarley fires people. Finds them another job so they can save face.

Good idea. It sounds like Colorado State might be looking for a new coach soon. That might be a good fit for Jon.

:p

Advertisement
Nevermind

"The buyout, what Bobo would owe the university if he were to leave for another job, is $3.5 million in 2018 and $3 million in 2019"

CSU football coach Mike Bobo given raise, 3-year extension
Nevermind

"The buyout, what Bobo would owe the university if he were to leave for another job, is $3.5 million in 2018 and $3 million in 2019"

CSU football coach Mike Bobo given raise, 3-year extension

Well, it's been fun discussing this.

Next!

Advertisement
Back