EL U

Recruit
Looks like Garland

Attachments

• 4A65C395-8ADD-40B0-A596-911A4430AF14.png
    4A65C395-8ADD-40B0-A596-911A4430AF14.png
    240.9 KB · Views: 38
Advertisement
Jake Garland? Really? Why was he allowed to throw BP on Friday in Raleigh and not get taken out - and in what way did that earn him the privilege of starting a few days later? I'll give JD credit for going to Palmquist earlier against NC State but this is another head-scratcher. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Advertisement
Garland was brilliant. While understandable to have reservations, his job interview tonight was as close to as perfect as it gets. Six innings in just 64 pitches. No wonder the game was over in just over two hours.

Garland was brilliant. While understandable to have reservations, his job interview tonight was as close to as perfect as it gets. Six innings in just 64 pitches. No wonder the game was over in just over two hours.
Was pitching a gem of a game...

Congrats to him and JD for making that call... wasn’t fully on board but just a reminder I should keep myself and my opinion to the recliner while I watch the game

Jake Garland? Really? Why was he allowed to throw BP on Friday in Raleigh and not get taken out - and in what way did that earn him the privilege of starting a few days later? I'll give JD credit for going to Palmquist earlier against NC State but this is another head-scratcher. Hope I'm proven wrong.
You were lol

Advertisement
I'd love to have a knuckleballer like this.

Next challenge now for Garland is replicating that performance. Can he be that good or at least close to that good when he gets his next starts—either midweek or in the weekend rotation?

We say how effective he was out of the bullpen against Virginia Tech. At N.C. State though, not so much. He’s not a big strikeout guy, and even admired that in his postgame presser tonight.

Still, if he’s close to as good consistently as he was tonight, UM will be in very solid shape.

That was an unbelievable outing by garland against a great team at the plate. The amount of ground balls he was able to get, along with our defense making the plays behind him... including a couple tough ones. Was poetry in motion and a pleasure to see

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sometimes I wonder why we do not give the ground ball pitcher more love versus the strikeout pitcher?

Next challenge now for Garland is replicating that performance. Can he be that good or at least close to that good when he gets his next starts—either midweek or in the weekend rotation?

We say how effective he was out of the bullpen against Virginia Tech. At N.C. State though, not so much. He’s not a big strikeout guy, and even admired that in his postgame presser tonight.

Still, if he’s close to as good consistently as he was tonight, UM will be in very solid shape.

Some guys are starters and some guys aren’t. PO’s are their own breed. Maybe he just needs to start to be himself. We’ll find out soon enough.

Garland put on display why he should be our Sunday starter again last night. I really enjoy watching him pitch to contact. The perfect Sunday guy in my opinion.

Advertisement
Garland is the listed starter for tomorrow. Doesn’t preclude him from starting Sunday if he’s on a 75-80 pitch count (or pitches as efficiently as the last two weeks) but may be a warning sign we aren’t done with Fed.

Stuart is expected to start for FAU again.

Let's hope they shut him down if we are fortunate enough to be ahead. We need Garland as the Sunday or maybe even Saturday starter sooner rather than later. Federman was actually fairly effective as a one to two inning set-up reliever. Put him back into a role where he can be successful. The starter experiment has not worked out - time to move on.

We’ve all learned recently that Games Notes are subject to change, but Jake Smith is the expected starter tomorrow afternoon. It raises some questions about the weekend rotation with Garland not returning to the midweek spot, but Smith getting a start is something many of us have been interested to see.

Advertisement
Back