Midseason perspective.

Jonnyblaze

Junior
Premium
The fact that we are even having a debate about where Miami will be ranked in the top 10 shows how far we've come this year. For years now Miami has been an afterthought by mid season, lingering around 500 and no where near the top 25. The worst thing you can ever be is totally irrelevant. The next time you get annoyed when someone says the Canes arent top 10 worthy, or fret about where we are in the polls, think about that. Miami is relevant again. Miami matters again. Been a long time since we've been able to say that.

Go Mother****ing Canes.

Advertisement
I am happy with where we are at now, but I really don't think we are a legit Top 10 team. We don't really have any quality wins. The D has given up a **** load of points the last three games to ****** teams as well.

I am happy with where we are at now, but I really don't think we are a legit Top 10 team. We don't really have any quality wins. The D has given up a **** load of points the last three games to ****ty teams as well.

Florida win and Ga Tech game were quality wins imho we played Florida before all the injuries occured.. tech will win 8 games maybe 9 if they can beat UGA only losses will bbe to us, BYU, and Va Tech which isnt bad

The fact that we are even having a debate about where Miami will be ranked in the top 10 shows how far we've come this year. For years now Miami has been an afterthought by mid season, lingering around 500 and no where near the top 25. The worst thing you can ever be is totally irrelevant. The next time you get annoyed when someone says the Canes arent top 10 worthy, or fret about where we are in the polls, think about that. Miami is relevant again. Miami matters again. Been a long time since we've been able to say that.

Go Mother****ing Canes.

Solid post and well said.

Advertisement
I am happy with where we are at now, but I really don't think we are a legit Top 10 team. We don't really have any quality wins. The D has given up a **** load of points the last three games to ****ty teams as well.

Neither do other teams around us. Whether you think so or not, Mizzou hasn't done anything more impressive. Neither has Baylor. You can say we don't belong in the top 10, but neither do others then.

Neither do other teams around us. Whether you think so or not, Mizzou hasn't done anything more impressive. Neither has Baylor. You can say we don't belong in the top 10, but neither do others then.

Don't think he is saying we are not deserving of top 10, he saying we are relevant in the conversation again.

Don't think he is saying we are not deserving of top 10, he saying we are relevant in the conversation again.

my bad meant op

I agree with the OP, we are relevant again, and that is what matters more than a spot or two on the polls.

I also think that this is a down year for college football, with much more parity than normal, and few really good teams. Us being unbeaten is a product of our schedule as well as this parity.

To clarify, we are much improved over last year, and the future is bright, but we still have a lot of areas to correct and improve on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Quite honestly I had at 4-2 at this point prior to the season. The train is ahead of schedule as far as I'm concerned. And yes, it's great to be.... In the national discussion again.

After we kick fsu's *** on 11/2 this will no longer in question. Go Canes
I've seen this movie to many times before, not to know how it ends! :stormwarning:

Our mid season perspective is easy to see: WE ARE 6-0.

I didn't post since the UNC game as I wanted to wait until everyone calmed down. During the game I had family who are life long Canes freaking out.

Today is a good day to sit back, take a deep breath and look at our season so far. We played a game where everything that could go wrong did, and we still won.
Clemson, UCLA, LSU, Georgia, Louisville, Texas A&M and South Carolina all lost to lower ranked teams.

Alabama, Oregon, Ohio state, Miami, FSU, Baylor, Texas tech and Missouri are still undefeated .
I'd take this start to a season every year.

The thing is, you might think we don't have quality wins, and you're entitled to your opinion, but would you rather be in Louisville's shoes? Or sitting at 6-0? All that matters at the end of the day are W's.

Advertisement
I definitely don't miss the days of:

"ok guys, if we beat Virginia and VT and UNC lose, and Halley's Comet comes into our atmosphere while we play Duke and the stadium at Georgia Tech collapses......"

Advertisement
For the next two weeks we will be the discussion. Who has any quality wins? Best team Bama has beaten is VT. If beating full strength UF is not a quality win for us then it surely isn't for LSU or Mizzu. Clemson beat UGA at full strength but they just got embarrassed at home by Famous Amos. Who has OSU beat? Nobody and almost lost to a no body. Ducks? Nobody yet. I say winner of Miami v FSU should go to number one, I will settle for #2. I really don't care if we belong in top ten, I only care that we get to Pasadena and beat Bama, thereby winning a NC that everyone can say we don't deserve in a game where we didn't belong. We won the worst game we have played this week. Just about everyone else lost. I'm good with that.

I figured we'd go 9-3 because we are still this next recruiting class away from fully being at Miami talent across the roster at every position.

The previous staff had some lazy recruiting pulls, some misses, and some terrible evaluations that left us pretty thin/void of talent at spots. We're right on schedule as far as I'm concerned.

Midseason perspective. WE ARE ***KING 6-0! Already qualified for a bowl game. Won the games we shouldn't have (based on our play in those games). When bama struggled last year it was that's what winning teams do they find away to win even in close games. Now its us and we are to say we aren't ready yet or just not there yet? **** that Morris stop turning the ball over Duke stay healthy and we can play with any of the teams in the top 15. Just win the rest will take care of its self.

Advertisement
Back