Middle ground?

OnTheWater

Recruit
I am not going to initially root against Miami or our players to lose games and have a bad season. It is hard to imagine doing that as a fan. However, it seems very unlikely this program is heading in the right direction. It seems there is a lot of argument between people openly rooting against the team and people who support Golden and think we're going to be good and eventually back with him as coach. I don't put myself in either camp. It is an odd position to be in as a life long fan. I'd love to see us go 10-2 or better and compete for ACC and build momentum toward next year, I wouldn't root against that. However, it seems more likely we'll lose at least four games, probably more. It's hard to imaging anyone thinking Golden is the answer. Since I don't see any way we'll win the ACC, I guess the best case scenario for me is for the season to be as painless as possible with Golden getting fired if we don't win 10+ games. I can certainly see both sides of the views of other fans, for example we go 8-4 and nothing changes. That would be depressing. On the other hand, it seems kind of childish to openly root for a team that you presumably support. I'll be in Trialehassee next month either way.

Advertisement
I will root for how ever many wins get Al fired...

Tell me what the number is.

BTW...this is a 6 win team tops.

I am not going to initially root against Miami or our players to lose games and have a bad season. It is hard to imagine doing that as a fan. However, it seems very unlikely this program is heading in the right direction. It seems there is a lot of argument between people openly rooting against the team and people who support Golden and think we're going to be good and eventually back with him as coach. I don't put myself in either camp. It is an odd position to be in as a life long fan. I'd love to see us go 10-2 or better and compete for ACC and build momentum toward next year, I wouldn't root against that. However, it seems more likely we'll lose at least four games, probably more. It's hard to imaging anyone thinking Golden is the answer. Since I don't see any way we'll win the ACC, I guess the best case scenario for me is for the season to be as painless as possible with Golden getting fired if we don't win 10+ games. I can certainly see both sides of the views of other fans, for example we go 8-4 and nothing changes. That would be depressing. On the other hand, it seems kind of childish to openly root for a team that you presumably support. I'll be in Trialehassee next month either way.

just stop already AL. Your screen name doesnt fool us

I think the whole Miami base is in the same position. At the end of the day barring an ACC Championship he should not make it back to coach next year. We need to see remarkable improvement for him to keep his job.

the best thing for the program is for the worst season imaginable. get FHEG fired right now. the sooner the better. if an embarrassing loss to FAU will get him fired immediately, then I'm all for it.

the longer he's here, the longer it will take the next guy (hopefully Butch) to turn it around.

Advertisement

Pretty sure my post wasn't a ringing endorsement of Golden. I guess I was just looking to see if there weren't a few more people who weren't so extreme one way or the other.

Rooting against our team is counter-intuitive.

But if you don't literally cut off the gas gangrene - the entire person dies.

It's that simple.

Pretty sure my post wasn't a ringing endorsement of Golden. I guess I was just looking to see if there weren't a few more people who weren't so extreme one way or the other.

I don't believe most are truly rooting for losses as much as they just want Al gone. If I told these guys Al was gone if we win more than 9 games, they would be all over rooting for wins. I don't root for losses, but I'm all about Al leaving. With that said, I'm also terrified that we win anything over 6 games, but less than 10 and end up keeping Al.

Advertisement
"It seems very unlikely this program is heading in the right direction."

How ******* dumb are some of you guys? You realize it's been four years with Golden and the progrum is WORSE than when he took over?

How ****ing dumb are some of you guys? You realize it's been four years with Golden and the progrum is WORSE than when he took over?

THIS

How ****ing dumb are some of you guys? You realize it's been four years with Golden and the progrum is WORSE than when he took over?

I think you meant WORSER.

Terrible grammer, but more accurate.

If you told me you could guarantee me 10 wins in 2015, I would grit and grind my teeth down to the nubs.... and accept it.

The biggest crime scene isn't the fans' suffering, it's that way too many of our players have never experienced any kind of success while down here. I miss seeing our guys win games that freaking matter. That's how I feel about it, anyway.

Still looks like a 7-8 win team, but you never know. Kaaya could be a god and carry us further than we think. It all depends on him and the RT situation.

Advertisement

How ******* dumb are some of you guys? You realize it's been four years with Golden and the progrum is WORSE than when he took over?

Sometimes a spade is a spade. Sometimes it is a ****** coaching staff.

Advertisement
Disclaimer.... I do NOT believe this will happen... but what if.... What if we go 15-0 and win the national title? I think that would be better than 6 wins. I'd be happy as can be going 15-0, and returning a good chunk of the team for a repeat. We'd secure one of the best recruiting classes in history, and Al Golden gets hired away by an SEC school with deep pockets. I think Golden is gone with a great season, or a very mediocre one. For this reason, I want a great season.

Not going to happen, but I'd enjoy that a lot more than 6 wins.
the best thing for the program is for the worst season imaginable. get FHEG fired right now. the sooner the better. if an embarrassing loss to FAU will get him fired immediately, then I'm all for it.

the longer he's here, the longer it will take the next guy (hopefully Butch) to turn it around.

Disclaimer.... I do NOT believe this will happen... but what if.... What if we go 15-0 and win the national title? I think that would be better than 6 wins. I'd be happy as can be going 15-0, and returning a good chunk of the team for a repeat. We'd secure one of the best recruiting classes in history, and Al Golden gets hired away by an SEC school with deep pockets. I think Golden is gone with a great season, or a very mediocre one. For this reason, I want a great season.

Not going to happen, but I'd enjoy that a lot more than 6 wins.

What if you swapped your ***** with your right foot?

Could you still play intramural soccer?

Advertisement
Back