Mid-season ALL ACC from Phil Steele

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
wait wait, I was told by another poster phil is the ****. I shouldn't believe my own eyes about our team, I should go by Phil... smh.

wait wait, I was told by another poster phil is the ****. I shouldn't believe my own eyes about our team, I should go by Phil... smh.

I didn't say Phil Steele was the ****. I said NFL scouts, Vegas, college football prognosticators (including Phil Steele) all think our talent is overrated but we still have fans that think its top level because the U is on the side of the helmet.

Again, we have 1 Sr that will get drafted. If all the Juniors left early, 3 would probably get drafted. None of those 4 would be 1st or 2nd rounders. You call that talent?

Advertisement
Manuels stats are very good, 68% 19 TD 5 INTs. He's 5th in the nation in QB Rating.

Taj Boyd should be 1st team though. 68% 28 TD 9 INTs. 2nd in the nation in QB Rating.

Renner is also having a very good year. Morris, Glennon, Renfree all solid years as well.

I would say the QBs in the ACC suck.

I didn't say Phil Steele was the ****. I said NFL scouts, Vegas, college football prognosticators (including Phil Steele) all think our talent is overrated but we still have fans that think its top level because the U is on the side of the helmet.

Again, we have 1 Sr that will get drafted. If all the Juniors left early, 3 would probably get drafted. None of those 4 would be 1st or 2nd rounders. You call that talent?

I think part of the issue is our fans expect NFL talent all the time. You can have talented guys without NFL measurable that can make a great squad. Look no further than Boise State, or TCU. I thought we were trying to get away from the NFL moniker and bring in hard working kids...

I think part of the issue is our fans expect NFL talent all the time. You can have talented guys without NFL measurable that can make a great squad. Look no further than Boise State, or TCU. I thought we were trying to get away from the NFL moniker and bring in hard working kids...

Except we don't have many of those either in our Sr and Jr classes.

Our upperclassmen on D
S: VT, Swasey, Highsmith, Rodgers
CB: McGee (draftable)
LB: Gaines, Cornelius, Buchanon
DL: Smith, Porter (draftable), Robinson, Green, Cain

How many of those guys fit that bill? Not many.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I agree. While being NFL u is cool and all, I would rather have the hurricanes dominating NCAA because that's where they play. I honestly don't care about people saying a tram made up of pro canes will win super bowl every year.

This. Nice try 82 to completely misquote Diego. Again, all the professionals who get paid to evaluate talent refute your "viewpoint" on our talent.

I agree w/ this, but remember how young our team is. We have virtually zero experienced depth, particularly any w/ anything other than FIU talent.

This. Nice try 82 to completely misquote Diego. Again, all the professionals who get paid to evaluate talent refute your "viewpoint" on our talent.

You guys really need to understand how people use hyperbole to make a point. There are others on this board who also "view" this team the same as me. I'll take people who actually follow a team religiously over guys that try and cover 120 other teams. Just saying...

Advertisement
Back