MichSt weekend / ticket question

Cane6

GreenTree All-Star
Single game tickets go on sale this next week. I’ll be coming in from Wisconsin for the Mich St game Friday thru Sunday. Anyone have an idea of how much 100 tickets will cost? I’m assuming $100-$150 range.

I grew up in Coral Gables but it’s been 20+ years since I lived there and about 5yrs since my last visit. Should I stay in the Ft Lauderdale area or Gables/Grove area? Ideally whichever has the better cluster of breweries to try out.

also, when it gets closer to game day, if anyone is willing to hook it up for a fun tailgate spot I’m down to rage

Advertisement
Fort Lauderdale area has the best breweries on the east coast of the state. It also has the best restaurants in the state for Italian and Greek. It all depends on what you like. I would recommend staying at the beach if you like the beach. Stay Downtown if you want to party. Stay at Hardrock if you want to gamble and be close to the stadium.

I’ll be selling 2-4 front row dead center end zone seats closer to the game if you wanna PM me. I’ll sell them $25 under stub hub and nobody pays fees. If you plan on bringing a Michigan State fan though forget it.

Fort Lauderdale area has the best breweries on the east coast of the state. It also has the best restaurants in the state for Italian and Greek. It all depends on what you like. I would recommend staying at the beach if you like the beach. Stay Downtown if you want to party. Stay at Hardrock if you want to gamble and be close to the stadium.

I’ll be selling 2-4 front row dead center end zone seats closer to the game if you wanna PM me. I’ll sell them $25 under stub hub and nobody pays fees. If you plan on bringing a Michigan State fan though forget it.
Aye PM me about those 4 tickets fam

Thanks for the details. Has the Hardrock re-development changed the area that much?

it was pretty dumpy around the stadium for several miles

Advertisement
Think you guys are talking past each other or maybe its me.. One is talking hard rock hotel (guitar hotel) the other it talking hard rock stadium.. Dont stay near the stadium.. but hard rock hotel is a straight shot to stadium
That makes more sense.

Any insight into staying in the Wynwood area? Some breweries and other nightlife seem promising based on what I read.

Thanks for the details. Has the Hardrock re-development changed the area that much?

it was pretty dumpy around the stadium for several miles

There’s really no such thing as ‘Hard Rock redevelopment” unless you’re talking strictly about Ross/HRS surroundings like parking and the tennis stadium.

There’s nothing like what you have around Atlanta Braves stadium, or other stadiums in other parts of the country, where you have retail development, adjoining hotels, restaurants, that kind of thing.

That makes more sense.

Any insight into staying in the Wynwood area? Some breweries and other nightlife seem promising based on what I read.
Wynwood has a great beer scene. Was even better until COVID made a couple places shut down. If you want to party stay in Miami.

Advertisement
That makes more sense.

I like wynwood, good vibes even though it has gone more corporate in recent times but they do have decent nightlife, good places to eat, art, breweries, lots of people visit so lots of action day and night.. Central location so you can get anywhere in miami pretty quick, highway to beach, downtown right there, midtown, design district, stadium is kinda far but thats a one shot thing so no biggie.. I always recommend people check it out on visits.. Used to have good rentals there too with full kitchen studios but havent seen availability since covid happened, will update if they ever come back before game..

I like wynwood, good vibes even though it has gone more corporate in recent times but they do have decent nightlife, good places to eat, art, breweries, lots of people visit so lots of action day and night.. Central location so you can get anywhere in miami pretty quick, highway to beach, downtown right there, midtown, design district, stadium is kinda far but thats a one shot thing so no biggie.. I always recommend people check it out on visits.. Used to have good rentals there too with full kitchen studios but havent seen availability since covid happened, will update if they ever come back before game..
Thanks for the info. Was able to get section 135 tickets yesterday. Looking forward to seeing the stadium after the improvements.

still gotta figure out what area to stay in. But looking forward to raging with fellow Canes fans again.

from a football fandom standpoint, Madison WI is a desert for Canes fans. And it always ****es me off watching the Badgers do more with less the past 10 years

Decided on the Brickell area. Will see what kind of trouble I can drum up

Advertisement
Look into the metro mover. Will get you to a quite a few different spots for free.
I’m assuming that’s the same as the MetroRail?

yeah rental cars are crazy stupid expensive now. $130 per day for a basic car.

I will be without wife and kids, so will be going hard in the paint the whole trip

I’m assuming that’s the same as the MetroRail?

yeah rental cars are crazy stupid expensive now. $130 per day for a basic car.

I will be without wife and kids, so will be going hard in the paint the whole trip

That 130 quote is more than double what I usually pay pretty much throughout the US. The only time I pay those rates is because there’s some big *** convention somewhere like SFO and cars are at a premium, and that was pre-Covid of course.

Advertisement
OP- if you're truly down to rage then PM me as we get closer to this game and I'll give you our tailgate info. Paying it forward on the tailgate front is one of the few times I'm magnanimous but we do enforce a strong no weak sauce/no turning down mandatory shots in our corner of the Green Lot.

OP- if you're truly down to rage then PM me as we get closer to this game and I'll give you our tailgate info. Paying it forward on the tailgate front is one of the few times I'm magnanimous but we do enforce a strong no weak sauce/no turning down mandatory shots in our corner of the Green Lot.
Thank you and I will def do that. You won’t have to worry about me holding my own at a tailgate.

I love to tailgate and day drink, unfortunately living in the Midwest most of the time I’m not around fellow Canes fans.

I went to the Toledo game a couple years back and ND Canes game at Soldier field when Dorsett dropped those two bombs

In 2009 my fiancé and now wife and I went to UNC to see Jacorey throw 3 picks. Tailgating was fun there (see picture)
7B176D59-2BF0-4864-873A-887685536B81.jpeg

Thank you and I will def do that. You won’t have to worry about me holding my own at a tailgate.

I love to tailgate and day drink, unfortunately living in the Midwest most of the time I’m not around fellow Canes fans.

I went to the Toledo game a couple years back and ND Canes game at Soldier field when Dorsett dropped those two bombs

In 2009 my fiancé and now wife and I went to UNC to see Jacorey throw 3 picks. Tailgating was fun there (see picture)View attachment 146125
Nice. I wholeheartedly endorse the ice luge!

Advertisement
Back