Michigan's centipede formation

caneworld

Junior
Any of you saw Michigan's Centipede formation... talk about creativity on the go... Harbaugh is breaking the mold. In contrast to our offensive play calling!!

michigan centipede.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any of you saw Michigan's Centipede formation... talk about creativity on the go... Harbaugh is breaking the mold. In contrast to our offensive play calling!!

View attachment 39771

They got the play from a high team. They saw it on the film for a recruit.

And I'm almost certain Wisconsin kept their 8-man front against that play.

But credit to Michigan on their execution. That's what made the play work, not some pre-snap formation that is completely illegal.

We should make this our basic formation, you can pretty much do anything out of it. Bonus: put Kayaa at the back...it'll take DL a long time to run that far so we won't need good pass protection.

Advertisement
The point of this is to totally throw off what the defense is thinking. Michigan scored off this. Say what you will, but I'd love a coach like Harbaugh calling some crazy **** like this with all the energy he's got. Not to mention the personality he brings and everything else.

The point of this is to totally throw off what the defense is thinking. Michigan scored off this. Say what you will, but I'd love a coach like Harbaugh calling some crazy **** like this with all the energy he's got. Not to mention the personality he brings and everything else.

I distinctly remember posters in 2010 not wanting Harbaugh after Randy was let go.

Advertisement

View attachment 39771

They got the play from a high team. They saw it on the film for a recruit.

And I'm almost certain Wisconsin kept their 8-man front against that play.

But credit to Michigan on their execution. That's what made the play work, not some pre-snap formation that is completely illegal.
Failure to have seven players on the line of scrimmage before hiking the ball is a five yard penalty.

Advertisement
If the *** pics tell you anything about our OL, im sure theyd love to use this formation. But line-up even tighter to each other!

I'm all for being creative and have no issue with being tricky...but to me this crosses the line to being dumb.

Just like UNC with their Auburn-style quick huddle turn around and snap the ball on the goal line.

If I were on the defense I would be puffing my chest out after stuffing that rinky dink ****. Of course it would have helped if we had ultimately won the game

All this does is artificially create tempo rushing up to the line to try to get the defense jumbled. It's failed them 2 of the 3 times they've tried it

Advertisement
Back