Michigan 's BOT vs. Ours....

deerob305

Junior
Michigan's Highest Paid Boosters can pay for Jim Harbaughs contract for 6 years 49 million, but ours can't negotiate a 10-12 million dollar buyout??? F**KING cheapskates..... something needs to happen....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The other school has 100k+ stadium they actually make a profit from during home games when their are butts in the seats.

Michigan's Highest Paid Boosters can pay for Jim Harbaughs contract for 6 years 49 million, but ours can't negotiate a 10-12 million dollar buyout??? F**KING cheapskates..... something needs to happen....

No they actually have donors who care....

Advertisement
The other UM is a public school. Tax payers money

But its the Boosters, not the school that is paying for his salary... did little old Nevin run our boosters scared with his shenanigans??

When's the last time our Boosters laid out any kind of serious money? I'll go with "never." In large part because we have so few boosters. Michigan's booster base is likely 100X larger than ours.

Michigan's Highest Paid Board of Trustee's can pay for Jim Harbaughs contract for 6 years 49 million, but ours can't negotiate a 10-12 million dollar buyout??? F**KING cheapskates..... something needs to happen....

Michigan has an $8 billion endowment and they consistently draw 100,000 in the stands for home games. They're making money off the Big Ten Network. They have an extremely large booster base with alums that donate big money. They can pay anything they want.

I'm not sure the payout is that high for Golden. It would probably be cheaper in the long run to make the decision now. They can get Davis or Schiano for a song. It's pretty clear Golden is a dead man walking and they'll fire him after next season unless he has a miracle season. Despite all the propoganda coming out of Hecht, I think retaining Golden comes down the fact that they're dumping this problem on the next University President.

Advertisement
DEEROB305 - And how much did you contribute to athletics last year? $5,000, $10,000 or $25,000?

How many individual contributions does it take to accumulate a $100M athletic slush fund?

Cant stand the "woe is me, we're broke" crowd

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...-in-donations-toward-momentum2-campaign-.html

You realize that campaign began in 2008, right? That means it took ~6 yrs to put together 100 mil. Roughly 16.5 mil/yr. For the entire athletic dept. All facilities, all scholarships, all coaches, for all sports.

Michigan's donors can put 16.5 mil up in a split second, just for football to get rid of a coach and bring in a big name.

Big difference.

Acc bowl money, tv contracts, donors, All multi-million dollar deals, not to mention other things!
We got the money, they are just to proud to throw in the towel right now. We are just going to waste another yr

Advertisement
DEEROB305 - And how much did you contribute to athletics last year? $5,000, $10,000 or $25,000?
Nothing... Im a Soldier serving in the US Army.... did u contribute anything??? No, then STFU.....smh.... that has nothing to do with what I said

How many individual contributions does it take to accumulate a $100M athletic slush fund?

Cant stand the "woe is me, we're broke" crowd

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...-in-donations-toward-momentum2-campaign-.html

You realize that campaign began in 2008, right? That means it took ~6 yrs to put together 100 mil. Roughly 16.5 mil/yr. For the entire athletic dept. All facilities, all scholarships, all coaches, for all sports.

Michigan's donors can put 16.5 mil up in a split second, just for football to get rid of a coach and bring in a big name.

Big difference.

Money is hard to come by? Thanks for the life lesson, dad.

The money is there. Bottom line.

There's no comparison...Michigan's decision makers actually care about football.

Even if they don't end up getting Harbaugh...the fact they went all out to get him is something our inept, incompetent administration would never do.

Advertisement
Back