Michael Wyche

FWIW its looking like our NT spot will be Wyche, Moore, Jenkins. Ouch. If he doesn't show up then who the **** knows.

Interview with Heurtelou's coach on rivals said he would be used as a nose tackle at Miami:

"He'll be more of a nose, but we used him as a 3 technique," Madowski said. "What he does isn't flashy, but what he does in terms of helping the defense be successful is remarkable. He can take two offensive linemen and stack them up in the backfield. He knows how to strike an opponent, drive them back. Those linebackers are going to run a lot more free behind him. He has a chance to make an impact on a defense very, very quickly."

Advertisement
If we ran a single gap 4-3 under front we'd be a lot better suited.

Kamalu, Chick, Pierre, AQM on the line using athletism to attack would be a massive improvement.

4-3 would be awesome. I would have mccord and AQM DE's Chick and wyche DT's Perryman, young, kirbys lbs. would be a heck of a starting line up to me.

FWIW its looking like our NT spot will be Wyche, Moore, Jenkins. Ouch. If he doesn't show up then who the **** knows.

Interview with Heurtelou's coach on rivals said he would be used as a nose tackle at Miami:

"He'll be more of a nose, but we used him as a 3 technique," Madowski said. "What he does isn't flashy, but what he does in terms of helping the defense be successful is remarkable. He can take two offensive linemen and stack them up in the backfield. He knows how to strike an opponent, drive them back. Those linebackers are going to run a lot more free behind him. He has a chance to make an impact on a defense very, very quickly."

I get his coach views him positively, but you're either a NT or not. It's such a definitive skill set that giant fat guys in the NFL make ridiculous sums of money because the demand is high and the supply is low.

Only looking at his tapes (so probably unfair), unless he changes his body type from now till next season, I think he's more of a 3. Like Pierre. If either of those guys are asked to do what Curtis Porter was asked to do last season, Perryman and our crew of LBs will need to line up 7 yards behind the LOS (which is only 3 yards farther than they currently line up during a goal line stand) just to avoid the wash of OL/DL.

I get his coach views him positively, but you're either a NT or not. It's such a definitive skill set that giant fat guys in the NFL make ridiculous sums of money because the demand is high and the supply is low.

Only looking at his tapes (so probably unfair), unless he changes his body type from now till next season, I think he's more of a 3. Like Pierre. If either of those guys are asked to do what Curtis Porter was asked to do last season, Perryman and our crew of LBs will need to line up 7 yards behind the LOS (which is only 3 yards farther than they currently line up during a goal line stand) just to avoid the wash of OL/DL.

You definitely could be right. However, as another data point to support the idea is is a nose, he was heavily recruited by Nebraska. Pelini is always looking for guys that can 2 gap.

I think being really strong is equally important to being "fat" for that position.

Advertisement

You definitely could be right. However, as another data point to support the idea is is a nose, he was heavily recruited by Nebraska. Pelini is always looking for guys that can 2 gap.

I think being really strong is equally important to being "fat" for that position.

Hey, it's fair. I pray to Jesus that, if we roll out the same system, *someone* is able to do it. If they want to do it with sheer strength, by all means. The best NTs for what we do are all very wide bodies playing in the NFL.

If this dude doesn't show up, we're almost certainly going to have to change defensive systems. Maybe something like a 1-5-5, 1/2 gap free-for-all.

Why Lu? We still have Huertelou, (if he's cleared) Moore, Jelani, Jenkins, Moten, King, and Chick and Kamalu who can play inside in a 4-3. My guess is we will have to go to a 4-3 though as we wont have much in terms of a true NG, but then, we didnt this year either. We can easlily field a 4-3 with Huertelou, Hamilton, Chick, Kamalu, Moore and maybe a Frosh like Moten in the 3 deep.

JAG
JAG
FR
FR
JAG
JAG
JAG

I see the force of the JAG is strong with you! /so many JAGS

Advertisement
It's a policy that has to change if the ACC really wants to become a dominant conference and compete with $EC.

Kamalu is no jag. he came in last minute and was getting closer to the qb than anyone by the end of season.

JAG. He is a nice athlete with a nice frame but offers very littlle in the form of technique as a pass rusher. I saw those plays as well and IIRC, some of them were coverage plays or the QB was in the pocket too long. I wasn't very impressed with him last year. JMO

If this dude doesn't show up, we're almost certainly going to have to change defensive systems. Maybe something like a 1-5-5, 1/2 gap free-for-all.

I think New England has played a 1 -5-5. But they have Big Daddy at NT when they did it. We still don have anyone worth a crap for NT. But what the heck, can't be worse than what we are doing now.

Advertisement
4-3 w/o Wyche

DE AQM/McCord/Hoilett/Jackson
DT Kamalu/Huertelou/Jelani/King
DT Pierre/Moore/Moten/Jenkins
DE Chick/Thomas/Harris/Perry

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back