Michael Wyche interview after Spring Practice

Advertisement
Summary:

Working to get more explosive and more faster
Was 360 now 325
Hertelou is hurt for the spring
Everyone improving every day, Melvin has a lot to teach them

Kid needs a different hairstyle. That sheeet is strugglin on top of his dome.

Summary:

Was 360 now 325

Its almost a good thing that Hertolou is out. We need Wyche to get as many reps as possible this Spring. We need him big time next year.

Advertisement
Man how any Brotha can look in the mirror at that stank ***, matted, sleep in a dumpster hairdo and think it's stylish is completely open to any racial stereotypes anybody calls them! He'd be down to 300 lbs if he got a respectable haircut. If I lived in the projects I'd call the police on his ***. I wouldn't let him into my business if he was wearing an Armani suit. Maybe he can get off block now.

I don't care about his hair style, but I do agree that it HAS to weigh something. Maybe not 25 lbs, but every pound helps when you're trying to get quicker. That's a LOT of hair.
Man how any Brotha can look in the mirror at that stank zzz, matted, sleep in a dumpster hairdo and think it's stylish is completely open to any racial stereotypes anybody calls them! He'd be down to 300 lbs if he got a respectable haircut. If I lived in the projects I'd call the police on his ***. I wouldn't let him into my business if he was wearing an Armani suit. Maybe he can get off block now.

Man how any Brotha can look in the mirror at that stank ***, matted, sleep in a dumpster hairdo and think it's stylish is completely open to any racial stereotypes anybody calls them! He'd be down to 300 lbs if he got a respectable haircut. If I lived in the projects I'd call the police on his ***. I wouldn't let him into my business if he was wearing an Armani suit. Maybe he can get off block now.

Get this garbage post out of here. His hair justifies racial stereotypes?

Advertisement
Summary:

Was 360 now 325

dude dropped 35 llbs and we got guys talking about his hair style. what is this a men's fashion message board?

Summary:

Was 360 now 325

dude dropped 35 llbs and we got guys talking about his hair style. what is this a men's fashion message board?

Its the offseason. These guys are dying for any news. We are getting excited over commits from 9th-10th grade recruits over on the Recruiting board. Wait until Spring ball is over. That's when **** around here gets REALLY crazy.

Something I've noticed since I grad college and began my so called professional career at IBM, Medical Device Sales and my own business. I've never to my recollection seen any raggedy twisted heads in any of these fields or at the many conferences I've attended. Majority of professional Blacks I have interacted with over the years have a very serious opinion about that raggedy appearance. Know why son? Because it does elicit racial stereotypes from both professional Blacks and certainly Caucasians! Go ahead and fool yourself that that look doesn't elicit a lot of stereotypes and most are bad. I'd never be stupid enough to say a hair style determines your intelligence, speech or social skills, but never ever think that look doesn't first bring to notions of negative stereotypes first.

Something I've noticed since I grad college and began my so called professional career at IBM, Medical Device Sales and my own business. I've never to my recollection seen any raggedy twisted heads in any of these fields or at the many conferences I've attended. Majority of professional Blacks I have interacted with over the years have a very serious opinion about that raggedy appearance. Know why son? Because it does elicit racial stereotypes from both professional Blacks and certainly Caucasians! Go ahead and fool yourself that that look doesn't elicit a lot of stereotypes and most are bad. I'd never be stupid enough to say a hair style determines your intelligence, speech or social skills, but never ever think that look doesn't first bring to notions of negative stereotypes first.

This just happened today....we had an obviously educated, decently spoken African American leading our safety class at a MAJOR US corporation but all that was talked about was his long, heavy, nappy dreads. Not saying it's right but it IS the consensus opinion.

Advertisement
I've seen him on campus ... he looks great in my opinion.

Seen him playing some pick-up basketball -- running by himself -- the guy wants it

Advertisement

This just happened today....we had an obviously educated, decently spoken African American leading our safety class at a MAJOR US corporation but all that was talked about was his long, heavy, nappy dreads. Not saying it's right but it IS the consensus opinion.

Point exactly

I've seen him on campus ... he looks great in my opinion.

Seen him playing some pick-up basketball -- running by himself -- the guy wants it

If he was playing pickup basketball that is a great sign conditioning wise. That is half the battle for this kid. Him being able to play more then 2 snaps every 10 plays will help us immensely. I think he can be very solid for us. Look forward to checking him out if I go to the Spring game.

Saw him in person a few weeks ago. Kid is a large human being - thick legs, arms, etc. Not a fat guy.

I always maintained that last year was a waste for him. JUCO DTs need to come here in January to get acclamated, lose weight, and be ready for August. He wasn't. Now he is and we only get it for one year.

Great to hear he is playing some hoops. That answers all the questions about his achilles injury from last year. That is a real nagging injury and takes a long time to heal. Props to him on his weight loss and improved mobility.

Advertisement
Back