Michael Warren Senior RB for Lawton High

Advertisement
I'm incredulous at the negative reaction to this kid's film. Did you guys actually watch his film? This is an absolutely legitimate offer for us at running back. The kid has elite speed -- he runs effortlessly by everyone on the field at every opportunity. There are multiple runs in every video where he straight up breaks tackles or shakes people who should have tackled him. What's more, he shows the ability to get behind the defense as a receiver and to follow blockers on a screen. If he gets his ACT score, there is no doubt he'll have an offer from Oklahoma. My guess is he'll soon have offers from other top schools as well.

Thank you for your positive comment!! I can't believe how negative these posts are and I wouldn't want my son to play where people ridicule an individual in such a manner. This good thing is my son is humbled and don't care what people think; he plays for the love of the game. As I posted in another thread, Michael has 9 D1 Offers: Toledo, Washington State, Southern Miss, Tulsa, S. Dakota, New Mexico, Sam Houston, Campbell and Abilene Christian.

Look ma'am. This is a message board for fans to discuss things. I think you will find they are all pretty much the same no matter the school. In big time college football, fans tend to have unrealistic expectations and demands, and want the best of the best players for their programs. Sometimes people can be harsh on their evaluations and all boards have their fair share of idiots who disparage everyone and anyone if they dont suit their preconceived beliefs or opinions. If you are who you say you are, and are seriously trying to get your son scouted, you need to be sending his video to the coaching staff, not posting it for a bunch of fans to dissect and opine. No one on this board has the ability to offer your son a scholarship, and most of what you are going to get are uninformed opinions by people watching a few seconds of some video clip. And I sincerely hope that you are kidding with your post about not wanting your son to play where people "ridicule an individual in such manner". In Division I college football, you will find fans at any program who will love or hate a player or coaching staff with each win or loss. People can be incredibly rude and obnoxious at any school or fan base. Your son should make his college choice based on what is best for him, not based on what fans on some message board say.

man we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for recruits

I believe your comment is rude and not warranted!! There is no scraping of the bottom of the barrel when it comes to my son. I don't know what you are looking at as far as film. 9 D1 schools sees something you don't and just because his style doesn't fit your school gives you no right to bash a very talented young man. Maybe you should do your homework and see what Michael has accomplished during his Senior Year playing 6A football. Michael was #1 in my state of OK before they lost the 2nd round during the playoffs. My son's stats speak for themselves. I urge you to also read http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/mos...st-joe-mixon-nathan-starks-and-michael-warren from Mossis Madu in which I will take his analysis to the bank as he is the subject matter expert. As far as rankings go they don't mean anything at the end of the day if when you get to school you can't perform because kids rankings were inflated. I have seen that more than once during this thread and trust me his speed nor his ability is inflated.

Personally, I don't mind "scraping the bottom of the barrel." we "scraped the bottom of the barrel" once upon a time and came up with Russ Maryland and Jimmie Jones, both of whom ended up playing on the NFL championship Dallas Cowboys. And I don't mean we're scraping the bottom of the barrel with Michael. I just suspect, at this point, the UM coaches know pretty much whom they're targeting with the small number of openings left. The people on this board don't really know much, and they get caught up with the internet nonsense and rankings. There are thousands of high school players, and even with the proliferation of camps and scouting services I'm sure there are still very talented kids and kids with huge potential that still fly under the radar to some extent.

Whether that is true with Michael, and whether he is UM caliber, I don't know, and I will not spend the time looking at his video because, frankly, I don't know enough to make a good evaluation. (Unlike all the experts and geniuses on this board). Some kids just explode right out at you...and many others with talent look just like every other kid whose highlight film you see. I watched Dalvin Cook play and he jumped right out at me. Same with Yearby. Others, I don't know about.

I wish I could repeat some of my conversations with a former UM DL coach, and a very good one, the late Bob Karmelowicz, who told me he was looking for a certain size and body type, and he didn't care about rankings and stuff like that. He told me, "we'll coach them into good football players." He must have known something, he coached for years in the NFL after leaving Miami. Maybe that's not so true with other positions, like QB, RB, WR, etc. Maybe it was more true with DL. All the revisionist historians on this and other boards think we built the program on blue-chip recruits when, in fact, we did not. We got a few here, a few there, but mostly it was the rejects. Yeah, we got an Alonzo Highsmith, a Lester Williams, a Mel Bratton, but for the most part it was the kids nobody else wanted.

I'm just repeating stuff about Miami's recruiting from what I know very well from following the history very closely or straight from what I was told by people in the athletic department at the time.

I'm incredulous at the negative reaction to this kid's film. Did you guys actually watch his film? This is an absolutely legitimate offer for us at running back. The kid has elite speed -- he runs effortlessly by everyone on the field at every opportunity. There are multiple runs in every video where he straight up breaks tackles or shakes people who should have tackled him. What's more, he shows the ability to get behind the defense as a receiver and to follow blockers on a screen. If he gets his ACT score, there is no doubt he'll have an offer from Oklahoma. My guess is he'll soon have offers from other top schools as well.

Thank you for your positive comment!! I can't believe how negative these posts are and I wouldn't want my son to play where people ridicule an individual in such a manner. This good thing is my son is humbled and don't care what people think; he plays for the love of the game. As I posted in another thread, Michael has 9 D1 Offers: Toledo, Washington State, Southern Miss, Tulsa, S. Dakota, New Mexico, Sam Houston, Campbell and Abilene Christian.

Look ma'am. This is a message board for fans to discuss things. I think you will find they are all pretty much the same no matter the school. In big time college football, fans tend to have unrealistic expectations and demands, and want the best of the best players for their programs. Sometimes people can be harsh on their evaluations and all boards have their fair share of idiots who disparage everyone and anyone if they dont suit their preconceived beliefs or opinions. If you are who you say you are, and are seriously trying to get your son scouted, you need to be sending his video to the coaching staff, not posting it for a bunch of fans to dissect and opine. No one on this board has the ability to offer your son a scholarship, and most of what you are going to get are uninformed opinions by people watching a few seconds of some video clip. And I sincerely hope that you are kidding with your post about not wanting your son to play where people "ridicule an individual in such manner". In Division I college football, you will find fans at any program who will love or hate a player or coaching staff with each win or loss. People can be incredibly rude and obnoxious at any school or fan base. Your son should make his college choice based on what is best for him, not based on what fans on some message board say.

There was a time we went to Washington State to get our coach, and he won two NCs for us. When he was at WSU, some felt he had the most advanced offense in college football. He had two 1000 yard rushers and a passing game that was impossible to defense.

A couple of years ago, I threw out an old tape of Brent Favre and Southern Miss beating FSU. So, there are some decent programs there, and any time you look at the starting lineups for Super Bowls and Pro Bowls, you'll see a bunch of guys who came from some of the Div 1 programs that never came close to competing for a NC.

There was a time we went to Washington State to get our coach, and he won two NCs for us. When he was at WSU, some felt he had the most advanced offense in college football. He had two 1000 yard rushers and a passing game that was impossible to defense.

A couple of years ago, I threw out an old tape of Brent Favre and Southern Miss beating FSU. So, there are some decent programs there, and any time you look at the starting lineups for Super Bowls and Pro Bowls, you'll see a bunch of guys who came from some of the Div 1 programs that never came close to competing for a NC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back