2024 Michael Turner Jr, WR - John Curtis HS, New Orleans LA

Advertisement
Meh I don't have a problem with it. Pretty much goes to the heart of the problem - most top WRs remain skeptical of the Cristobal offense. Either UF is making much better NIL offers (which would be embarrassing) or WRs believe that even G5 Billy's offense will allow them to put up better numbers than the Cristo-bro offense. Maybe a little bit of both.
I think it’s mostly the latter right now. I do think that can change this season though with Dawson. I mean i hope.

I think it’s mostly the latter right now. I do think that can change this season though with Dawson. I mean i hope.

Its crazy how bad Cristobals rep must be with WRs. We all used to joke that defensive players were wasting their careers going to play for Lincoln Riley, yet his terrible defenses never stopped him from landing elite defenders. Even if Dawson gets good production out of the offense, the problem is that WRs will probably assume that Dawson is responsible for the improvement , not Cristobal. And they know that even merely competent OCs at UM ended up getting HC offers after only a couple of years. If they don't know that , then I'm sure other HCs will remind them during recruiting season. So Dawsons success won't have the impact we hope it will on WR recruits because they will wonder if he'll be around. IMO It's going to take at least 5 years and probably multiple OCs for WRs to finally believe that even if an OC leaves, they can be sure Cristobal will hire another WR friendly OC to take his place.

Advertisement
While you may be correct, and I don’t question your honesty, what is the point of posting this on a UM message board? Is it just to see if you can get people riled up? is it to make UF seem superior to UM? Is it just a sign of immaturity on your part, because I would have doing the same thing…when I was 10 years old.

I generally like your posts and appreciate a fan of a rival team spending time on this board, but if the only purpose of a comment to opposing fans is to get under their skin, consider not posting that comment. On the other hand, if you have some valid reason to post this comment, please educate and enlighten all of us as to how your comment is relevant to UM fans because in the end, that is all that matters on this board.

stripes lighten GIF

As I stated, what he is saying maybe true, but what possible reason is there to post that on a UM board?
Couldn’t we all do the same thing on message boards of other teams?
So my issue isn’t the accuracy of the comment, it is the point of making the comment at all on a UM board.

It si just a snotty thing to write by an otherwise good poster.

Tbh, Williams poppin caught me off guard. I honestly thought it would be TJ Moore who popped because i heard of a WR poppin but didnt think it be Williams

Its crazy how bad Cristobals rep must be with WRs. We all used to joke that defensive players were wasting their careers going to play for Lincoln Riley, yet his terrible defenses never stopped him from landing elite defenders. Even if Dawson gets good production out of the offense, the problem is that WRs will probably assume that Dawson is responsible for the improvement , not Cristobal. And they know that even merely competent OCs at UM ended up getting HC offers after only a couple of years. If they don't know that , then I'm sure other HCs will remind them during recruiting season. So Dawsons success won't have the impact we hope it will on WR recruits because they will wonder if he'll be around. IMO It's going to take at least 5 years and probably multiple OCs for WRs to finally believe that even if an OC leaves, they can be sure Cristobal will hire another WR friendly OC to take his place.
Thats conjecture. I think all that will be dispelled by the end of the season. I repeat it multiple times, Cristobal had no problem recruiting WRs to Oregon. This started when he hired Gattis.

Advertisement
Thats conjecture. I think all that will be dispelled by the end of the season. I repeat it multiple times, Cristobal had no problem recruiting WRs to Oregon. This started when he hired Gattis.

How much of it was Phil Knight money and how much was Cristobal? Lanning had nearly as much recruiting success with the class of 2022 despite Cristobal leaving for Miami , and Lanning hadnt even coached a game yet. The Ducks had three things going for them -

1) they had one of the most electric offenses in football when a lot of HS recruits were starting to look at schools,
2) they were getting paid big time from Knight
3) Cristobal didn't have much Pac12 competition for the top west coast recruits

I'll even add a 4th advantage as a tribute to @Rellyrell, Oregon is THE Nike school and kids love it.

If it problem was just Gattis, why wouldn't recruits look past that and see it as a one year aberration? UM had a top 25 offense for the past two years and a QB who was breaking ACC records. Do you you believe one year of Gattis was all it took to make WRs think twice about playing in Cristobal offense, and so one year of Dawson fixes everything?

Last edited:
He'd be a Gator if we gave em the greenlight. As it stands, he's 5th in our pecking order after Jojo Trader, TJ Moore, Jarrae Hawkins, and Mario Craver

OR - he done told the Gators to pucker up and french-kiss his ***.

And THAT's why he's not on the Gators desperation list . . .

How much of it was Phil Knight money and how much was Cristobal? Lanning seems to be having as much success recruiting at Oregon as Cristobal did, and he hasn't even coached a game yet. The Ducks had three things going for them -

1) they had one of the most electric offenses in football when a lot of HS recruits were starting to look at schools,

I'll even add a 4th advantage as a tribute to @Rellyrell, Oregon is THE Nike school and kids love it.

If it problem was just Gattis, why wouldn't recruits look past that and see it as a one year aberration? UM had a top 25 offense for the past two years and a QB who was breaking ACC records. Do you you believe one year of Gattis was all it took to make WRs think twice about playing in Cristobal offense, and so one year of Dawson fixes everything?
Do u see how back and forths happen where people talk around each other. You arr convinced its Cristobal, i point to the fact he had no problems at Oregon. It all started when he hired Gattis, so u decide to continue and say its Phil Knight, i mean its not like Miami is broke at this point. Also the fact Chance committed in April, something that would have never happened last year points that i have more evidence to what am saying, Jo Jo is even CB to us.

But i believe what i wanna believe nothing will change my mind, CIS.

Advertisement
How much of it was Phil Knight money and how much was Cristobal? Lanning seems to be having as much success recruiting at Oregon as Cristobal did, and he hasn't even coached a game yet. The Ducks had three things going for them -

"He hasn't even coached a game yet"??? Lanning coached a whole season at Oregon while Mario was coaching Miami

Advertisement
"He hasn't even coached a game yet"??? Lanning coached a whole season at Oregon while Mario was coaching Miami

You are right, that didn't make sense. Was talking about 2022. At least with UM, we always see a drop in recruiting rankings (usually a big one) when there is a HC change. Even with Cristobal leaving, the Ducks landed the #13 class in 2022 , which was better than UMs. Lanning hadn't even coached a game, Cristobal left, and they still got the #13 recruiting class. That suggests to me the recent recruiting success had more to do with Phil Knight and the school than it did with Cristobal.

You are right, that didn't make sense. Was talking about 2022. At least with UM, we always see a drop in recruiting rankings (usually a big one) when there is a HC change. Even with Cristobal leaving, the Ducks landed the #13 class in 2022 , which was better than UMs. Lanning hadn't even coached a game, Cristobal left, and they still got the #13 recruiting class. That suggests to me the recent recruiting success had more to do with Phil Knight and the school than it did with Cristobal.
To be fair, Cristobal played nice guy and didn't go after any of the guys he had committed there when he left as well as passively going after the dudes he was closing on. Most of the class he had assembled stayed put. That being said Lanning is a good recruiter

Could it bc
Bc of qb
Guys signing this year aren’t signing up to play with dvd
So far we have brown who is asking to redshirt bc knows he can’t throw
And Judd who completes only half his passes
Only one decent one in Emory but nothing special
Mario needs to flip a big time qb

Or maybe Mario was on his way to a top 10 class again before he left while Manny Diaz had 2 players committed to Miami. Yall just say anything and think you making sense.

So it was Phil Knight that had Mario recruiting right? But Mario comes to Miami and Miami has a better class than Oregon. Guess Phil Knight must have followed him from Oregon too.

Advertisement
Back