2024 Michael Turner Jr, WR - John Curtis HS, New Orleans LA

Advertisement

River Ridge (La.) John Curtis’ four-star wideout, Michael Turner, is ready to place the Miami Hurricanes at the top of his list after getting an offer from them recently.

“They’re at the top,” Turner told CaneSport. “Who wouldn’t want to play football in Miami? Just thinking about the Miami Hurricanes is a vibe. I was really surprised when I got that offer from Miami.”

According to the On3 Industry Rankings, Turner is the No. 400 overall prospect in the 2024 class and the No. 9 prospect in the state of Louisiana. He was offered by Miami wide receivers coach Kevin Beard, with whom he is looking forward to developing a great connection.

“I feel like he’s a cool person, and me and him can have a really close bond,” Turner said. “He said he was going to aggravate me and call me every day, asking me the same thing, to really show that he wants me to really come down there.”

Despite having only visited Tulane so far, the 6-foot-1, 175-pound pass catcher plans to visit Coral Gables soon.

The main goal of the visit will be to check if the coaches are still as interested in him as they were when he was originally offered, academics, and a family atmosphere.

“First, I want to see if they have a great academy program,” Turner said. “Also, I want to see if the coaches have the same energy that they had when they first offered me, and I just want the place to feel like home.”

With both Miami offensive and defensive coordinators Shannon Dawson and Lance Guidry being from Louisiana, Turner believes he would feel at home with the Hurricanes if he ultimately committed to the program.

“Two people from the place I’m from are going to understand where I’m coming from,” Turner said. “If I need to talk to somebody about something, they’re going to understand because we’re both from the same area.”

Along with Miami, the Louisiana native is being pursued by several SEC institutions, with Georgia and Florida showing particular interest recently. The On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine presently has Ole Miss as the favorite to land Turner.

“My recruiting has been shooting way up in the sky like a rocket, with offers flying in from everywhere,” Turner said. “Like if I try to settle down and look at certain schools, a whole lot more are going to come flying in. It feels really good because when I was a young kid, I used to look at other people and wish that was me one day.”

CaneSport’s take
The Hurricanes’ recruitment efforts in Louisiana have increased dramatically with the arrival of both Guidry and Dawson, and Turner is the latest player from The Boot to get an offer from Miami. Turner was a crucial member of John Curtis’ state championship squad as a junior, hauling in 519 receiving yards and six touchdowns. The Hurricanes are hoping to position themselves as an early contender for the talented wideout’s commitment as his stock continues to climb.

“Who wouldn’t want to play football in Miami?"

The Office Thank You GIF

Advertisement
He'd be a Gator if we gave em the greenlight. As it stands, he's 5th in our pecking order after Jojo Trader, TJ Moore, Jarrae Hawkins, and Mario Craver

Advertisement
He'd be a Gator if we gave em the greenlight. As it stands, he's 5th in our pecking order after Jojo Trader, TJ Moore, Jarrae Hawkins, and Mario Craver
While you may be correct, and I don’t question your honesty, what is the point of posting this on a UM message board? Is it just to see if you can get people riled up? is it to make UF seem superior to UM? Is it just a sign of immaturity on your part, because I would have doing the same thing…when I was 10 years old.

I generally like your posts and appreciate a fan of a rival team spending time on this board, but if the only purpose of a comment to opposing fans is to get under their skin, consider not posting that comment. On the other hand, if you have some valid reason to post this comment, please educate and enlighten all of us as to how your comment is relevant to UM fans because in the end, that is all that matters on this board.

While you may be correct, and I don’t question your honesty, what is the point of posting this on a UM message board? Is it just to see if you can get people riled up? is it to make UF seem superior to UM? Is it just a sign of immaturity on your part, because I would have doing the same thing…when I was 10 years old.

I generally like your posts and appreciate a fan of a rival team spending time on this board, but if the only purpose of a comment to opposing fans is to get under their skin, consider not posting that comment. On the other hand, if you have some valid reason to post this comment, please educate and enlighten all of us as to how your comment is relevant to UM fans because in the end, that is all that matters on this board.
Hate to defend a lizard but dude's a solid poster. Dont see him really trying to rile man up.

Advertisement
Hate to defend a lizard but dude's a solid poster. Dont see him really trying to rile man up.
I agree he’s solid but that comment provided nothing useful to this topic other than to show UF superiority. Even if true, why write it when you know it won’t be received well. Sometimes we have to be smart enough to know the effect of what we say/write on the listener/reader.

Meh I don't have a problem with it. Pretty much goes to the heart of the problem - most top WRs remain skeptical of the Cristobal offense. Either UF is making much better NIL offers (which would be embarrassing) or WRs believe that even G5 Billy's offense will allow them to put up better numbers than the Cristo-bro offense. Maybe a little bit of both.

Advertisement
Meh I don't have a problem with it. Pretty much goes to the heart of the problem - most top WRs remain skeptical of the Cristobal offense. Either UF is making much better NIL offers (which would be embarrassing) or WRs believe that even G5 Billy's offense will allow them to put up better numbers than the Cristo-bro offense. Maybe a little bit of both.
As I stated, what he is saying maybe true, but what possible reason is there to post that on a UM board?
Couldn’t we all do the same thing on message boards of other teams?
So my issue isn’t the accuracy of the comment, it is the point of making the comment at all on a UM board.

It si just a snotty thing to write by an otherwise good poster.

Well that didnt seem like he skeptical of us, sounded more like we just turnt the heat up and he is receptive. Least how i read it. Beard is doing way more work than Gattis and maybe it wasnt just the offense was the issue but the WR coach aka the OC was busy sending dyyk picks instead of hitting up recruits. He was hitting up there moms. "Naa yo son kool, but what about me and u tho?"

As I stated, what he is saying maybe true, but what possible reason is there to post that on a UM board?
Couldn’t we all do the same thing on message boards of other teams?
So my issue isn’t the accuracy of the comment, it is the point of making the comment at all on a UM board.

It si just a snotty thing to write by an otherwise good poster.

I'm just taking a guess, but it could be a commentary on

A) the fact that the Gaytors have NOT given the green light to a very talented WR

and/or

B) the fact that the Gaytors are fixated on four guys they are unlikely to get

I'm just taking a guess, but it could be a commentary on

A) the fact that the Gaytors have NOT given the green light to a very talented WR

and/or

B) the fact that the Gaytors are fixated on four guys they are unlikely to get
You have to agree the implication is that UM may want him, but UF can get him anytime they want…if UF actually wanted him.

Advertisement
Back