Michael Pinckney Def. Player of the Game

Advertisement
They be trying to guess too much and end up being wrong leaving holes in the defense

The scheme is terrible for linebackers if the dline isn’t disrupting the line of scrimmage... I disagree that theyre trying to guess too much as if they are freshmen... they just have to do too much, defending multiple lanes, pass coverage, while trying to track the ball at the same time.

Shaq struggles the most because he is really a traditional downhill linebacker. He would have had much better production in LSUs 3-4 hybrid scheme. I think he will have a better NFL career playing in a Patriots style 3-4 or Carolina style 4-3.

Advertisement
Agree, Jaquan was the epitome of that. **** we miss that dude!
That’s the biggest difference in this years D and last years. Everyone can point to missing Willis and the sacks and that’s is a part of it, but not having the guys at safety to clean up all the mistakes is the most glaring difference to me.

Just think back on the last two years and count how many times we had guys running open downfield with no one near them. You can probably count it on one hand. You need two hands to count the times it happens each game this year.

The scheme is terrible for linebackers if the dline isn’t disrupting the line of scrimmage... I disagree that theyre trying to guess too much as if they are freshmen... they just have to do too much, defending multiple lanes, pass coverage, while trying to track the ball at the same time.

Shaq struggles the most because he is really a traditional downhill linebacker. He would have had much better production in LSUs 3-4 hybrid scheme. I think he will have a better NFL career playing in a Patriots style 3-4 or Carolina style 4-3.
He’s not a very good downhill linebacker either as he gets himself caught in traffic too often. He is slow to diagnose plays and doesn’t naturally flow to the ball. He’s poor at taking on and getting off blocks.

Advertisement
Are you sure about that ? Seriously asking because I don’t watch replays of games anymore. Former coach on Fermans show said both were on pink.
The last one looked like shaq or hall. He came from shaqs side and I’m not sure who was supposed to have him or gurvan

Last edited:
The last one looked like shaq or hall. He can from shaqs side and I’m not sure he was supposed to have him or gurvan
The last one looked like shaq or hall. He can from shaqs side and I’m not sure he was supposed to have him or gurvan

I’m almost positive it’s shaq, I just watched the last one. Finley had rb. So it was probably shaq , maybe the safety

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back