Michael Pinckney Def. Player of the Game

Advertisement
They don't need to go, but IMO, someone needs to step up as a team leader and say they need to be put away until the ship is righted.
I dont agree the chain needs to go. That's our thing, turnovers swing games and are relatively rare. Let the chain help feed the fire when turnovers happen. But the TD rings are just plain stupid. You should be scoring multiple TDs EVERY game, and putting rings on after a TD when you're losing is plain dumb. Celebrating a turnover when down is not the same as celebrating a TD when you're down. The reality is the rings were dumb as fvck from the get go. Too much of a good thing almost always becomes a bad thing.

Is this a joke?
cb74ace3be210c1c6e65eb52b9d7a07b4fe39bbe82a97ad19cd78464cfff4cd4.jpg

Advertisement
Our defenders have absolutely no discipline whatsoever. As soon as it appears a QB is going to scramble they all immediately abandon their assignment and run straight for the QB. Been that way since the UNC game.

Our defenders have absolutely no discipline whatsoever. As soon as it appears a QB is going to scramble they all immediately abandon their assignment and run straight for the QB. Been that way since the UNC game.
Agree, but that's freshmen stuff. How is that possibly happening so often with upperclassmen?!?!

The UNC game? Been that way for 20 years.

Advertisement
Holy ****, if this is the defensive player of the game we're in a lot worse place than ever imagined. Assumed he was a target of Manny's comment about playing as a unit and accountability.

Agree, but that's freshmen stuff. How is that possibly happening so often with upperclassmen?!?!
Because our linebackers have terrible instincts. We’ve heard for years about Mike and Shaq’s instincts but I haven’t seen evidence of it. Take Jaquan Johnson for example. He had excellent instincts. It’s why he made so many plays while being an inferior athlete to most of the players he lined up against. You very rarely saw a replay with him chasing behind his man because he rarely got fooled.

The LB's are badly coached : they don't stick to their assignments, leave huge gaps, missed tackles you name it. Need a real linebacker coach. Good grief VT didn't throw a pass of more than 5 yards the whole first half and we were no were to be found. Don't know the assignments but usually when I played ( not at this level) LB's accounted for TE, and RB, and this is where we get brutalize along with crossing patterns. At least back in the day when you blitz, someone picked up your man, or occupied your zone, and you hit a specific gap in order to maintain gap integrity. I never seen a team that runs people into the same gaps and into each other, and leaves the middle wide open. With just a little bit of discipline ( better tackling) this could be a really good defense, but right now all these other coaches are just waiting on us to run ourselves out of plays. They keep running the same plays over again cause we don't adjust.

The LB's are badly coached : they don't stick to their assignments, leave huge gaps, missed tackles you name it. Need a real linebacker coach. Good grief VT didn't throw a pass of more than 5 yards the whole first half and we were no were to be found. Don't know the assignments but usually when I played ( not at this level) LB's accounted for TE, and RB, and this is where we get brutalize along with crossing patterns. At least back in the day when you blitz, someone picked up your man, or occupied your zone, and you hit a specific gap in order to maintain gap integrity. I never seen a team that runs people into the same gaps and into each other, and leaves the middle wide open. With just a little bit of discipline ( better tackling) this could be a really good defense, but right now all these other coaches are just waiting on us to run ourselves out of plays. They keep running the same plays over again cause we don't adjust.
They be trying to guess too much and end up being wrong leaving holes in the defense

Advertisement
Because our linebackers have terrible instincts. We’ve heard for years about Mike and Shaq’s instincts but I haven’t seen evidence of it. Take Jaquan Johnson for example. He had excellent instincts. It’s why he made so many plays while being an inferior athlete to most of the players he lined up against. You very rarely saw a replay with him chasing behind his man because he rarely got fooled.
Agree, Jaquan was the epitome of that. **** we miss that dude!

Advertisement
The tallest midget. Haven't been impressed by any of the LBs except Brooks. And why isn't he playing more?? Smdh

LOL. Classic fan post.

"I'm not impressed by the known commodities who are on the field constantly and generally play pretty well, but don't live up to my impossibly high standard. But you know who I think is awesome? The true freshman who played for 10 minutes vs. Bethune Cookman! Since we know almost nothing about him at this level, it's safe to assume he is All American caliber. There is no chance that in 2-3 years I will say that I am disappointed with his performance because he is merely good instead of a HOF."

Advertisement
Back