Michael Nwoko with Ben Simmons (picture)

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Cool pic of Ben Simmons and Canes Freshman Michael Nwoko with NBA skills trainer Chris Brickley at Miami's practice facility. Much like Canes football indoor facility, it's cool to see all of the pros at Miami's basketball facility seemingly every offseason.

Advertisement
The curios case of Ben Simmons.

If he could somehow convince himself that every game in the NBA is like his offseason gym runs in LA he’d be a top 15 player in the league. As crazy as it might sound, when he plays in those famous UCLA pick up games that a lot of west coast NBA ballers play in, he actually has a crazy bag & routinely shoots jumpers from midrange & 3, draining it.

I’ve never seen a NBA player with a yips before lol

Last edited:

If he could somehow convince himself that every game in the is like his offseason gym runs in LA he’d be a top 15 player in the league. As crazy as it might sound, when he plays in those famous UCLA pick up games that a lot of west coast NBA ballers play in, he actually has a crazy bag & routinely shoots jumpers from midrange & 3, draining it.

Very interesting. The yips, huh?

To see him play in an NBA game where he can't shoot from any range or from the FT line leaves me wondering what just value he has today.

To see him play in an NBA game where he can't shoot from any range or from the FT line leaves me wondering what just value he has today.

It’s the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen from a NBA player.

In open gyms he’s knocking it down from all kinds of range, but in a regular game he refuses to shoot from anywhere that’s not directly underneath the basket & he often times won’t even do that lol.

Its called he plays the game doesnt really like it...there is no pressure in open runs...no pressure for anything n not anyone even watching half the time.

Whenever games count he has shown to eb a p*ssy and this leads back to college.

The crazy part is.......i wished he wouldve been included to come to the Heat......because we wouldnt need him to score n have less pressure here...just would need some defense and ball handling at the 4.

Advertisement

If he could somehow convince himself that every game in the is like his offseason gym runs in LA he’d be a top 15 player in the league. As crazy as it might sound, when he plays in those famous UCLA pick up games that a lot of west coast NBA ballers play in, he actually has a crazy bag & routinely shoots jumpers from midrange & 3, draining it.

Rico Hines puts together the best open gyms in the country. What he's put together out in LA is starting to reach ol' Rucker Park levels. Just last week, there was an NBA team's starting 5 hooping in the gym against other NBA players/prospects while a few NBA powerbrokers were on hand watching. 30-35 NBA guys getting up & down on 3 courts at the same time. Unheard of

Last edited:
Cool pic of Ben Simmons and Canes Freshman Michael Nwoko with NBA skills trainer Chris Brickley at Miami's practice facility. Much like Canes football indoor facility, it's cool to see all of the pros at Miami's basketball facility seemingly every offseason.

Nwoko should've left his hair long. Made him look bigger. Both these guys are listed at 6'10" but Simmons looks an inch or 2 taller than Nwoko. Hopefully, it's just a case of Nwoko not standing straight up.

Advertisement
Its called he plays the game doesnt really like it...there is no pressure in open runs...no pressure for anything n not anyone even watching half the time.

Whenever games count he has shown to eb a p*ssy and this leads back to college.

The crazy part is.......i wished he wouldve been included to come to the Heat......because we wouldnt need him to score n have less pressure here...just would need some defense and ball handling at the 4.
As a lifelong Sixers fan I approve of this message.

0.00 value because when on the court the defense is literally playing 5 against 4, and he can’t play any important minutes because of the free throw problem.

All Simmons had to do was shoot about 55% from the free throw line and then it would be statistically disadvantageous to foul him because the points per possession skews in his favor.

Advertisement

Closest comparison with an nba player with the yips is Markelle Fultz but he's managed to carve out a nice career. Early on, though, woof.

Advertisement
Ben Simmons plays basketball almost completely without heart or effort, I've never seen anything like it. It's almost like a doctor told him that if he sweats he will die.

tenor.gif

That one dude definitely got the yips haha markelle fultz
Bad take. He had a medical condition that kept him from playing like he had in college. If you haven't noticed he's in Orlando now and is paying much better. Simmons is a complete bum and doesn't seem to give a **** about actually playing basketball. Fultz has improved a lot since getting healthy and being in Orlando.

Advertisement
Back