Michael Johnson Interview on Canesport

Island people eat rice and beans almost everday, **** I know i did. Matter of fact there is fight now when family gets together if there aren't any rice and peas. Don't get me started on Latins an thier rice and beans with pork, that is an everyday meal and twice on Sat when everyone comes over. Man I am getting hungry and heck yeah rice beans and eggs are tasty as ****. Even Bongo's Restuarant at Disney World in Orlando used to have it on the menu for $20 a plate, now its an off menu item for those that know. Poor people food is soul food that always stays with you. Its just like some people who still eat fried bologne and cheese sandwhiches ( even after they have made it, I personally know several people who make north of 6 figures that will till on ocassion eat a fried bologne sandwhich.)

So there is no shame on this young mans situation if he does in fact come from a socio-economically disadvantaged background.

Go Canes

This dude must be eating some paste with his rice and beans. You're out there, Paranoid.

That sounds pretty good, just saw Batali making that at Babbo.

Advertisement
Golden talked about the difficulty of projecting kids that have poor nutritional upbringing with Joe Rose right after the Spring game just as they were diving into spring evals. This staff knows that not every kid can afford to eat well, or has a family that teaches them the right eating habits, or both. But my takeaway from the interview was that they think Johnson has enough dietary options that they expect him to take responsibility for the target, and that if he makes it, and camps again, he'll be taken seriously. I like how they've given him a very clear path to get his offer.

Island people eat rice and beans almost everday, **** I know i did. Matter of fact there is fight now when family gets together if there aren't any rice and peas. Don't get me started on Latins an thier rice and beans with pork, that is an everyday meal and twice on Sat when everyone comes over. Man I am getting hungry and heck yeah rice beans and eggs are tasty as ****. Even Bongo's Restuarant at Disney World in Orlando used to have it on the menu for $20 a plate, now its an off menu item for those that know. Poor people food is soul food that always stays with you. Its just like some people who still eat fried bologne and cheese sandwhiches ( even after they have made it, I personally know several people who make north of 6 figures that will till on ocassion eat a fried bologne sandwhich.)

So there is no shame on this young mans situation if he does in fact come from a socio-economically disadvantaged background.

Go Canes

This dude must be eating some paste with his rice and beans. You're out there, Paranoid.

25.jpg

Advertisement
Back