Michael Johnson Interview on Canesport

Advertisement
Glad the kid is willing work for that offer and doesn't seem to have a chip on his shoulder because he hasn't got the offer yet.

Did he say why he is only eating 1 meal a day ... of PBJ sandwiches no less?

He's probably tired of all the lobster and filet mignon they serve at his house.

I know nothing about his family's financial situation. apparently you do from the smartass response. but, even assuming he's dirt poor, economically disadvantaged kids should be getting free (or close to it) lunches at school. and ****, a can of beans and rice costs next to nothing, and would be a **** of a lot better than eating nothing.

He attends a private catholic shool and it does not provide reduced or free lunch unfortunately. Now if his family is strapped for cash there are options provided by the state and also catholic charities of florida that can assist with food. I also agree a plate of white rice with red beans in a guisado with with an egg cost what $20 every 2 weeks.
20lb bag for $15,
4 12oz can of beans $1-$1.50 depending on brand and type,
$3 per 12oz can for canned corn beef.
2 12oz can of tomato paste for $0.70.
1 dozen eggs $2

when combined your looking at 7 days of dinner for two per 1 can of ingredients and 2 cups of uncooked rice with 1 egg. So in total your talking $25 bucks and you can feed two to three people a week a feeling and tasty meal that it is high in protein.

Then through in the $6 bucks to buy 1 loaf of bread, a bottle of peanut butter and a bottle of jelly.

So for $31 bucks every 2 weeks you can have lunch and dinner which is high in protein, whole grains, and fiber. A trip to Saber will handle it. So thats a little advice for eating on a budget in south florida.

Go Canes
Lulz. If your homeless or cant afford food worry not, just get on the Paranos life plan and all your ills will be cured.

He's probably tired of all the lobster and filet mignon they serve at his house.

I know nothing about his family's financial situation. apparently you do from the smartass response. but, even assuming he's dirt poor, economically disadvantaged kids should be getting free (or close to it) lunches at school. and ****, a can of beans and rice costs next to nothing, and would be a **** of a lot better than eating nothing.

Nope. Never assume that I require knowledge to post a smartass response. As to the can of beans and rice suggestion, it seems to me you may have forgotten what it was like to be 16.

Advertisement

He attends a private catholic shool and it does not provide reduced or free lunch unfortunately. Now if his family is strapped for cash there are options provided by the state and also catholic charities of florida that can assist with food. I also agree a plate of white rice with red beans in a guisado with with an egg cost what $20 every 2 weeks.
20lb bag for $15,
1 dozen eggs $2

when combined your looking at 7 days of dinner for two per 1 can of ingredients and 2 cups of uncooked rice with 1 egg. So in total your talking $25 bucks and you can feed two to three people a week a feeling and tasty meal that it is high in protein.

Then through in the $6 bucks to buy 1 loaf of bread, a bottle of peanut butter and a bottle of jelly.

So for $31 bucks every 2 weeks you can have lunch and dinner which is high in protein, whole grains, and fiber. A trip to Saber will handle it. So thats a little advice for eating on a budget in south florida.

Go Canes
Lulz. If your homeless or cant afford food worry not, just get on the Paranos life plan and all your ills will be cured.

Well, his estimates are pretty accurate. Though eating the same meal everyday for a month would be pretty mundane

$20 for groceries may not seem like a lot but when your pockets are empty $20 can seem like a million. Unfortunately eating nothing is usually never by choice especially when you are a high school athlete.
That's why so many put on pounds quickly when they get to college. It's the 1st time they've truly had 3 squares a day.

Advertisement
Island people eat rice and beans almost everday, **** I know i did. Matter of fact there is fight now when family gets together if there aren't any rice and peas. Don't get me started on Latins an thier rice and beans with pork, that is an everyday meal and twice on Sat when everyone comes over. Man I am getting hungry and heck yeah rice beans and eggs are tasty as ****. Even Bongo's Restuarant at Disney World in Orlando used to have it on the menu for $20 a plate, now its an off menu item for those that know. Poor people food is soul food that always stays with you. Its just like some people who still eat fried bologne and cheese sandwhiches ( even after they have made it, I personally know several people who make north of 6 figures that will till on ocassion eat a fried bologne sandwhich.)

So there is no shame on this young mans situation if he does in fact come from a socio-economically disadvantaged background.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Butch used to talk about how he would always consider a recruit's nutrition when making evaluations. Some kids clearly have the genetics and frame but lack the resources or direction to eat adequately and properly in high school.

Butch talks about that here... Great insights from a brilliant recruiter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3871726

Edit: It's #5 in the article in case you want to skip picking Randy Edsall's brain.

Davis said the facilities that the player has available to him in high school can lay a trap for a recruiter.

"You may be buying the finished product," Davis said. "There's a little bit of that in Texas. Those schools have got more money than God. They have a strength coach, 15 high school coaches. The players have been in the same program since sixth or seventh grade. You get them and four years later they are the exact same player.

"You go to Pahokee, Fla., where a kid eats once a day, his parents may not be around," Davis said. "You get him in a weightlifting program. Two years later, he's three times better than the kid from Texas."

Last edited:

20lb bag for $15,
1 dozen eggs $2

Go Canes

Well, his estimates are pretty accurate. Though eating the same meal everyday for a month would be pretty mundane

Don't think it was the math that threw folks off ...

Advertisement

20lb bag for $15,
1 dozen eggs $2

Go Canes

Lmao

Advertisement

20lb bag for $15,
1 dozen eggs $2

Go Canes

27.gif

Island people eat rice and beans almost everday, **** I know i did. Matter of fact there is fight now when family gets together if there aren't any rice and peas. Don't get me started on Latins an thier rice and beans with pork, that is an everyday meal and twice on Sat when everyone comes over. Man I am getting hungry and heck yeah rice beans and eggs are tasty as ****. Even Bongo's Restuarant at Disney World in Orlando used to have it on the menu for $20 a plate, now its an off menu item for those that know. Poor people food is soul food that always stays with you. Its just like some people who still eat fried bologne and cheese sandwhiches ( even after they have made it, I personally know several people who make north of 6 figures that will till on ocassion eat a fried bologne sandwhich.)

So there is no shame on this young mans situation if he does in fact come from a socio-economically disadvantaged background.

Go Canes

This dude must be eating some paste with his rice and beans. You're out there, Paranoid.

Advertisement
Back