Michael Jackson

canegang3

Freshman
Been impressed by him the last couple weeks. Hes made a couple nice pass breakups and seems to be in good position in coverage.

Redwine/Jackson should be a nice combo next season as starters with Young stepping up in the nickel

Advertisement
giphy (1).gif

We haven't played a decent passing offense yet, but so far Jackson, Young, and Mayes have all gotten playing time without getting burned at all. And Redwine is ready to be a solid starter right now. We will still need a bit more help to solidify the position next year, but it doesn't look like dire straights depth wise at corner right now.

Playing 3 preseason games has helped the defense in whole. Given the LB'ers and DB's a chance to get accustomed to college football and a new scheme respectfully. With Courtel and Moten returning, it gives us 2 more run stuffing bodies with a week to spare before GT.

Advertisement
Dont see Jackson starting next year, sorry..it will be Redwine and Young with Bandy at Nickel corner...

No wonder our DBs are looking better this season. Paul Williams was the worst assistant coach of the Al Golden error.

And that's really saying something.

Advertisement
You mean Michael "Thriller" Jackson?

He's the guy that got run over by the FAU rb on their lone touchdown.

Dude hit him like a smooth criminal.

Last edited:
who cares about next year or a draft spot or whether he stays 3 or 4 years. f@ck the projecting.

let's see what he does this year and we will worry about next year next year

While I agree Mike Jack has done a good job thus far, I don't think he'll be a starter next year.

I'm still in favor of brining in a JUCO kid or a Grad Transfer for next year because we'll need that veteran depth once Elder is gone.

I'm huge fan of Redwine, I think he's improved drastically in this system & credit should go to Coach Rumph for what we've seen thus far from Red, Mayes & Mike Jack.

Our secondary is going to be very young next year, I wouldn't be shocked if Edwards, Bandy or CJ Henderson all got significant playing time next year, which can be both a good & bad thing.

Edwards imo, could play Safety, Bandy will be a Nickel/Rover CB/S & CJ will be a great speed Corner but hopefully he's given time to maturate because Idk how ready he is to step in day 1 and play at a high level.

Idk if all the upperclassmen stick once the #Squad17 kids get here, but if they do, we'll have a lot of depth in the backfield, they'll all be very young & mostly inexperienced though.

I'd say Red & Young will be the top guys next year, and the #3 & #4 spot will be up for grabs.

Good analysis overall but I disagree with looking to JUCO or going the Grad Transfer route to bring in veteran leadership. That would be a waste of scholarships because this years team will produce the veteran leadership needed for next years team. It also shows confidence in your staffs ability to develop players after one season.

I watched the rotation closely yesterday, Jackson is always in on running downs/situations as he's a good tackler. He looks the part of a legit CB with his frame too.

I don't think he's ever a starter here, but he'll be solid as a 3rd or 4th corner. He may start early in the season next year to get some young guys playing experience before we just throw them out there.

Advertisement
Just because you have coached a kid doesn't mean they are going to follow you to your next gig. Get over that. All that Rumph needs to do is keep coaching these CB's up that you guys once didn't think much of and then the HS CB's of the future will want to come here. The reality is that a lot of people are just finding out that he can actually coach as though Right was just hiring coaches just to recruit.

Bama ought to have 2-3 former 4-5 star DBs looking to leave this offseason like they usually do. Let's just snag one of them to be safe.

Advertisement
Young is a really nice talent and I think he'll start on the outside next year (in Elder's spot). He's being pigeonholed as a Nickel guy because of his size, but actually plays the ball very well from what I saw.

Advertisement
Back