Michael Jackson the forgotten CB

Not saying he isn't a good player or anything, but I'm skeptical when OOS guys like this don't get offered by the powerhouse in-state programs (in this case Bama and Auburn). Last cycle, the state of Alabama had 13 four or five-star prospects, and 10 of them went to Bama or Auburn.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's a slight concern, especially when we're talking about Golden's evaluations.

Jackson definitely passes the eye test. He's huge.

He also had some good moments in camp. Pretty instinctive player. Spring will be big for him. We need corners and safeties so hopefully he can help us wherever he ends up.
You think gayot plays in the spring? If he does should he move back to safety? So we can have a top 4 of Jenkins, Carter, Jaquan, gayot?

Advertisement
Not saying he isn't a good player or anything, but I'm skeptical when OOS guys like this don't get offered by the powerhouse in-state programs (in this case Bama and Auburn). Last cycle, the state of Alabama had 13 four or five-star prospects, and 10 of them went to Bama or Auburn.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's a slight concern, especially when we're talking about Golden's evaluations.

Clemson thought he was talented..

They didn't offer

Clemson thought he was talented..

They didn't offer

Yes they did

Yes they did

Rivals says no.

247 says yes.

Either way, my point was about the in-state schools. He didn't have great national offers, either. I don't really care about offer lists, but I was kinda "meh" on his tape, and Golden's evals were spotty.

Jackson definitely passes the eye test. He's huge.

He also had some good moments in camp. Pretty instinctive player. Spring will be big for him. We need corners and safeties so hopefully he can help us wherever he ends up.
When u went down to the Clemson gm and the DBs were warming up i wqs close to him. He was huge. I was like man i hope he turns into a player for us.

Advertisement
shouldn't kid be listed redshirt fr. i don't remember ever seeing him play. so they should be able to redshirt h im. if he is to slow for cb could work in at safety at that size.

kid doesn't get mentioned cause still have corn elder, sheldrick redwine played over him this year and have some solid cb prospects in this class. im pretty sure he will figure in somewhere even if its a move to safety.
He played in the bowl game

He played every game

2015 (True Freshman): Served as one of team's primary contributors on special teams...Totaled four tackles...Made career debut in season opener vs. Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 5) and recorded one assisted tackle...Did not record any stats in action at FAU (Sept. 11)...Saw action vs. Nebraska (Sept. 19), largely on special teams...Played at Florida State (Oct. 10) and against Virginia Tech (Oct. 17)...Had one tackle at North Carolina (Nov. 14).

Yes they did

Rivals says no.

247 says yes.

Either way, my point was about the in-state schools. He didn't have great national offers, either. I don't really care about offer lists, but I was kinda "meh" on his tape, and Golden's evals were spotty.

High School: Earned a four-star rating by Rivals.com… Tabbed as a three-star recruit by Scout and Rivals 247Sports.com… Rated as the No. 1 cornerback in the state of Alabama by Scout.com… Earned a spot in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game and led the defense with 12 tackles… Chose Miami over offers from Cincinnati, Minnesota and Nebraska.

Yes they did

Rivals says no.

247 says yes.

High School: Earned a four-star rating by Rivals.com… Tabbed as a three-star recruit by Scout and Rivals 247Sports.com… Rated as the No. 1 cornerback in the state of Alabama by Scout.com… Earned a spot in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game and led the defense with 12 tackles… Chose Miami over offers from Cincinnati, Minnesota and Nebraska.

Clemson offers Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson Clemson Football Recruit Update | TigerNet

Advertisement
Yes they did

Rivals says no.

247 says yes.

12 tackles for a corner haha classic

Advertisement

Goldens evaluations weren't too far off. Despite his game day prep/coaching.

Njoku is and was a beast.

Goldens evaluations weren't too far off. Despite his game day prep/coaching.

Njoku is and was a beast.

golden ruined alot of kids once they got here. his s & c and coaching philosophies were horrific.

I will start off by saying I did not watch him play in high school and was highly skeptical of him getting an offer, but Spain Park is well coached team and he does have the physical attributes that one looks for in a db. He probably will be a "late bloomer" if given the right coaching. If not then I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred in a year.

Advertisement
golden claimed he didnt get a bama or auburn offer because they knew they couldnt keep him away from florida. he is such a serial liar tho, u have no idea what the truth is.

Yes they did

Rivals says no.

247 says yes.

Clemson offers Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson Clemson Football Recruit Update | TigerNet

so this cat had an offer from Richt last year too? doesn't seem like he's one of golden's evaluations like some people believed. I think he'll play a big role this year stepping in with the loss of Artie

Advertisement
Back