Michael Jackson stat....

michael-jackson-3-whos-bad-michael-jackson-30816181-320-240.jpg

Advertisement
Our corners got torched all year by average receivers. Who was our last lock down corner who rarely got burned and could cover slants perfectly? I can’t really recall in the past 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corn

Our corners got torched all year by average receivers. Who was our last lock down corner who rarely got burned and could cover slants perfectly? I can’t really recall in the past 5 years.

Corn

Good call, forgot about him. Not sure how but besides him it’s hard to think of one. Burns was good but he was raw and got a lot of penalties called on him...still is the same way for the Steelers.

Didn’t give up a pass over 26 yards all year and was lockdown , played at an elite level last year
[TWEET]958075101509021700[/TWEET]

Why throw on a CB when the middle of the field is always open in a Manny Diaz defense?

People only downvoting this because of the poster, but he is only telling facts. We can't cover a slant route to save our lives, and we get eaten in the middle of the field, by quarterbacks who aren't even very good

When they did throw up him he still put up ridiculous stats. In 8 conference games less than 200 yards , 0 tds given up on 37 attempts?

I'm not trying to take away from what Michael Jackson did last year, he was a fooking beast in ACC play. He did everything that was asked of him, but our defense still couldn't stop the little curls, crosses and slants that destroyed our third down percentage.

ChosenOne has become CiS's resident negative nancy, but his point still stands as far as our defense goes. Maybe his post doesn't belong in a Brock player celebration thread but the discussion needs to be had about Diaz's scheme and the middle of the field, because teams next year will be attacking it, especially if our CB's are as good as Jackson was last year.

none of our DBs were lock down I'm sorry.

if you can't cover a slant route after its thrown on you 100 times I can't take you serious. Our defense is maddening at times with what we do. Teams started just playing short game on us and we aint do anything to throw timing off or anything

Except the numbers show MJ was actually, in fact, lockdown.

I'm sorry you're confusing overall team struggles with MJ's actual play. Not sure how it's that difficult for you to understand

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back