Michael Jackson highlights

Advertisement
If he has another big year and continues to shut down some big time WR's, I could see him going in round 1 in the draft. He checks every box: size, length, speed, and most importantly film.

Everything is lining up perfectly for him to be a superstar this year in CFB.

On a top 10 team? Check.
Hype from national media? Check.
Great Jr season? Check.
Marquee National TV games on schedule? Check.
TO Chain hype? Check.

Ball is in his court..

Advertisement
He's BAD
mj bad.jpg

Advertisement
Wow, big words.

Was he just as good in practice? 1 on 1 drills?
It’s funny because I never expected him to get this good. His athleticism was always evident and he had great recovery speed but he was an easy guy to shake at the line. I have a video of all 5’7” of me Mossing him on a go route lol and a few breaking his ankles.

But he improved a lot from his freshman to sophomore years and another year of Coach Rumph refining his technique helped put everything together last season. He was one of those guys with great size and athleticism that you knew had great potential.

He’s a great example of what development can do. He’s always had the physical tools just no coaching as soon as Golden got canned you could see the flashes. Now he’s transformed from a rotational guy and transfer candidate to a star and one of the best at his position. That’s just shows why you should never write a guy off too fast.

Last edited:
It’s funny because I never expected him to get this good. His athleticism was always evident and he had great recovery speed but he was an easy guy to shake at the line. I have a video of all 5’7” of me Mossing him on a go route lol and a few breaking his ankles.

But he improved a lot from his freshman to sophomore years and another year of Coach Rumph refining his technique helped put everything together last season. He was one of those guys with great size and athleticism that you knew had great potential.

Exhibit A - Michael Jackson proves Rumph is a coach that you cannot let get away from this staff. Rumph resume is getting stronger and stronger. I fully expect our DB unit to be superb against anybody.

Check the man resume.

What the difference between him and Kool? Banda?

His old school approach does not fit well in this era of recruiting where looking good is better than being good. He is stubborn like an ox. This reflects in the way our DBs play. Just the way I like it. Nasty.

Substance over style. Bottom line give him a pulse, he’ll give you a serviceable DB.

Name a better unit on the D?

I still remember the days people didn't want him because he didn't have Auburn/Bama offers and was regularly called a JAG/transfer candidate up until last year.

I've always been high on Mike Jack, loved his potential with his size and speed. Glad he was able to get some real coaching and turn that potential into reality. Another strong year should have him in the 1st round.

Advertisement
I’m
I still remember the days people didn't want him because he didn't have Auburn/Bama offers and was regularly called a JAG/transfer candidate up until last year.

I've always been high on Mike Jack, loved his potential with his size and speed. Glad he was able to get some real coaching and turn that potential into reality. Another strong year should have him in the 1st round.
hoping Nigel bethel can be the next one up or one of these guys in the upcoming class

How is he now at the line of scrimmage? Like they say, if you don't get your name called at CB, you are doing a good job. It's sometimes hard to watch them on tv at the LOS, or even live unless you spotshadow it.

Where I've seen him excel is the closing speed you mentioned, and his ability to get his head around and knock the ball away (a skill most of our other guys don't seem to possess). He has pretty good ball skills.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back