Michael Jackson highlights

Advertisement
How is he now at the line of scrimmage? Like they say, if you don't get your name called at CB, you are doing a good job. It's sometimes hard to watch them on tv at the LOS, or even live unless you spotshadow it.

Where I've seen him excel is the closing speed you mentioned, and his ability to get his head around and knock the ball away (a skill most of our other guys don't seem to possess). He has pretty good ball skills.
He's much better in that aspect than what he was. He's trusting his size much more which is a huge asset of his as well

You mean the exhibit of our DBs not being able to man up and consistently getting “moss’d” by Wisconsin’s receivers?
Was just about to say.
Jackson ALWAYS was a rotational guy...Seem like he developed confidence and got better just simply off of more time on the field. Guys really jump off the deep end with Rumph. Jackson is one guy Rumph should coach well though as he reminds me of Rumph a lot as a player. Jackson's length seems to mess with wr's..that and the fact that he can really run as well. I was always HIGH on him. Only guys that don't know football on the board had him as a transfer candidate. Im gonna give yall a heads up on how to see who are true athletes or dogs early on. Watch them on special teams, For example Travis Homer, Mike James, Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow,etc...Mike Jack was on all of our special teams units from freshman year..and always around the ball. I use to LOL when folks called him a JAG. Those are the same ones giving credit to the kids game to Rumph.

Was just about to say.
Jackson ALWAYS was a rotational guy...Seem like he developed confidence and got better just simply off of more time on the field. Guys really jump off the deep end with Rumph. Jackson is one guy Rumph should coach well though as he reminds me of Rumph a lot as a player. Jackson's length seems to mess with wr's..that and the fact that he can really run as well. I was always HIGH on him. Only guys that don't know football on the board had him as a transfer candidate. Im gonna give yall a heads up on how to see who are true athletes or dogs early on. Watch them on special teams, For example Travis Homer, Mike James, Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow,etc...Mike Jack was on all of our special teams units from freshman year..and always around the ball. I use to LOL when folks called him a JAG. Those are the same ones giving credit to the kids game to Rumph.

Good stuff -- def agree on the special teams standouts. Jaquan Johnson was another one. Funny how dismissive many were of Jaquan last offseason.

Did you respond to the wrong post? Your message is not at all in line with the one you quoted.

6'1, knows how to use the sideline to his advantage, knows how to keep in contact w/ the WR, and locates the ball. Oh, doesn't mind coming up to tackle. Imma say he's a 1st rounder, potentially a top 15 pick. Being that NFL is a passing league, having DBs w/ length that can blanket are a must

Advertisement
It’ll be an unpopular take, but I just don’t see first round for Jackson. More like mid/late 2nd, early 3rd.

I don’t see a blanket, lockdown corner. He covered deep balls well, but I thought he gave up some stuff in front of him. Plus, who did we play? The best QB/WR we faced was who, Toledo? Maybe VaTech? (Not even gonna count Clemson cause they sonned us.)

He didn’t even start the season as a full time starter (Delaney and Young). He had a nice season, but first round is a little too generous, IMO. At least as of today.

similar physical metrics and may be a little more athletic.
It’ll be an unpopular take, but I just don’t see first round for Jackson. More like mid/late 2nd, early 3rd.

I don’t see a blanket, lockdown corner. He covered deep balls well, but I thought he gave up some stuff in front of him. Plus, who did we play? The best QB/WR we faced was who, Toledo? Maybe VaTech? (Not even gonna count Clemson cause they sonned us.)

He didn’t even start the season as a full time starter (Delaney and Young). He had a nice season, but first round is a little too generous, IMO. At least as of today.
he gave up less than 270 yards in 13 games,0tds and had 4 ints......gave up 1 pass over 25 yards all season(for 26 yards). He absolutely was lockdown last year period

Did you miss the PFF tweet or something about how he did vs ACC opponents, which doesn't even count the ND game.

Yes, Clemson sonned us, so did Wisconsin. But none of that **** came vs MJ. He went up against the other teams's top guy usually, and was a shut down corner by any definition. Actually I'm pretty sure Toledo is the only team that had success vs him.

He's 6'1, 200 lbs, and projected to run in the low 4.4s.

He might not be a 1st round lock, but he has a great shot. Plus its just sad and pathetic to use the "who did we play" take? We played a tougher schedule and better offenses than Bama did, so maybe find a new slant

Advertisement
Did you miss the PFF tweet or something about how he did vs ACC opponents, which doesn't even count the ND game.

Yes, Clemson sonned us, so did Wisconsin. But none of that **** came vs MJ. He went up against the other teams's top guy usually, and was a shut down corner by any definition. Actually I'm pretty sure Toledo is the only team that had success vs him.

He's 6'1, 200 lbs, and projected to run in the low 4.4s.

He might not be a 1st round lock, but he has a great shot. Plus its just sad and pathetic to use the "who did we play" take? We played a tougher schedule and better offenses than Bama did, so maybe find a new slant

You make it sound like I said he sucks. Mid 2-early 3 is very high in the draft. He is a nice player. In fact, I believe I was literally the first to single him out last year, when I called him out most improved player in this thread I started:

Michael Jackson

To me, aside from a few outliers like Jake Allen that scouts get paid big money to make projections on, a first round pick jumps off the tv screen at you. Yes, he has the measurables, but who doesn’t at this level? Measurables are there more to hurt than help; you are almost expected to have them.

Case in point - Jaquan Johnson. Quan is absolutely a first round talent. Makes play after play, jumps off the screen. But measurables will probably drop him to the 2nd round.

Joe Jackson freshman year was another that jumped off the screen. ****, even Bandy stands out to me more.

In next years draft, I’d say our chances to put guys in the first round are, in order:

1. Joe Jackson
2. Jaquan Johnson

3. AR82
4. Michael Jackson

MJ is a nice player and certainly an unexpected surprise. I just don’t see first round if I’m being objective... yet - the guy started all of 6 games. Too small of a sample size to get those kind of alcolades. That’s my “slant.”

Side note: I’d love someone to dig up the thread from last October where people were talking about Rosier going in the 1st round. My guess is you were involved in that thread.

Last edited:
Was just about to say.

OG...we get it..you don't like Rumph.

Was just about to say.
Lol you ain’t got to hate like that man ****

You mean the exhibit of our DBs not being able to man up and consistently getting “moss’d” by Wisconsin’s receivers?

"Lead a horse to water, cant make him drink"...you guys act like Rumph doesn't teach this stuff to these kids in practice. I remember people blaming Rumph because our CBs were not turning their heads around when the ball was in the air. LOL. He wasn't playing with a full deck of cards because our depth sucked. Once we get our CB depth up to par..if you aren't doing the things Rumph teaches you..you will get yanked I'm sure.

And are we not giving him credit for Adrian Colbert?

Taking Corn Elders game to the next level?

Jesus the hate for Rumph because he just so happens to suck at recruiting is just insane on here. The cat can coach his a$$ off.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back