Official Michael Irvin* Sues Marriott for $100 Million

The Alabama case is interesting.

My understanding is:

The player in question was always going to pick up the others from the club.

The gun was legally owned and left in the back seat under clothes because you cant bring the gun into the club.

The player in question was already on his way to pick up the others (again that was always the plan), and that is when the text was sent, while he was already driving. Technically, he shouldn’t have seen the text because the phone should not be in your hand reading texts while driving.

Once the player in question arrived near the club to pick them up (again which was always the plan), the legal owner of the gun retrieved the gun from the vehicle where he left it. The player in question never touched the gun.

So my question is, if the aforementioned facts are accurate, what steps or actions could the player in question have taken to prevent this? How is he responsible in any way? What poor judgment was displayed?
Wrong thread?

This thread is about Mike Irving not some Alabama case

Advertisement
The Alabama case is interesting.

My understanding is:

The player in question was always going to pick up the others from the club.

The gun was legally owned and left in the back seat under clothes because you cant bring the gun into the club.

The player in question was already on his way to pick up the others (again that was always the plan), and that is when the text was sent, while he was already driving. Technically, he shouldn’t have seen the text because the phone should not be in your hand reading texts while driving.

Once the player in question arrived near the club to pick them up (again which was always the plan), the legal owner of the gun retrieved the gun from the vehicle where he left it. The player in question never touched the gun.

So my question is, if the aforementioned facts are accurate, what steps or actions could the player in question have taken to prevent this? How is he responsible in any way? What poor judgment was displayed?
Alabama is constitutional carry state. So him being in possession of a weapon with or without a permit isn’t against the law, unless he is a felon, which I’m 99.99% positive he’s not. It wasn’t his gun either. If your timeline and description of events is correct, negligence is the only thing I see here. Pretty irresponsible to let your friend get a gun, that you have with you, when he’s in an altercation with somebody else. Nobody will ever believe he didn’t see the text, while driving.

I don’t know what he was referring or implying when he said sending money to Khazaria. I also didn’t see the other post. But I’m sure his cancellation was warranted.
I don’t know why people have to bring this stuff on here. Anyhow, I’m done. I hope justice is done in Michael Irvin’s case and if he was wronged, the perpetrators pay.

Advertisement
I don’t know what he was referring or implying when he said sending money to Khazaria. I also didn’t see the other post. But I’m sure his cancellation was warranted.

Knowing The More You Know GIF by Joey Bada$$
:)

Advertisement
I have to say, if Michael Irvin's story is as he says (and it appears to be) then this makes my tin foil hat senses tingle. Like this was an arranged hit of some kind. We'll see how it plays out both with his lawsuit against Marriott and his job in the media.

It could also be somebody that saw a quick opportunity to make a buck off the back of a sports celebrity.

From my understanding, there are witnesses, which may very well end up working in Michael’s favor. In addition to the video, which he wants.

He doesn’t sound like a person that’s got anything to hide or anything to be ashamed of.

Advertisement
the $100 million is a shock and awe maneuver. damages in defamation cases are difficult, if not impossible, to determine. this will get settled after all the legal filings and publicity posturings.

irving is trying to protect his image and future earnings and is doing some retirement planning. if he get's a $10MM check from Marriott he can blow it on whores and coke retire ea
i dont believe so
There’s your lost earnings damages. Rather easy to calculate the value of any contract, years left, etc. Futures are the speculative aspect for sure.

Advertisement

Well, he's got the federal judge on his side right now. Marriott lawyers seriously p issed him off.
IF Marriott can back this up, not a great look...

"...Marriott Claims Michael Irvin Touched Female Accuser And Ask If She Knew Anything About Having A “Black Man Inside Her,” Accuse Former WR Of Making False Statements..."

IF they are inaccurate, Michael Irving and Michael Irvin should increase the suit to $1B.

Last edited:
IF Marriott can back this up, not a great look...

IF they are inaccurate, Michael Irving and Michael Irvin should increase the suit to $1B.
I'm going to go ahead and assume there is no way the Marriott attorneys would say these things if they weren't supported by the video evidence. Michael is probably going to look foolish once again.

I'm going to go ahead and assume there is no way the Marriott attorneys would say these things if they weren't supported by the video evidence. Michael is probably going to look foolish once again.

The cameras don’t have audio.

They can probably prove he touched her; bu intent and sound are not there.

That’s all subjective.

Advertisement
Back