Mich St - Essentially All QBs Announce Transfer Portal Intentions

Advertisement
In all seriousness it’s ruining the game. The NFLPA figured out that there needs to be balance and control. A bunch of 17-23 year old kids, not so much.
The problem I have with it is that it neutralizes good old fashioned tireless recruiters like Mario. Now, school B just swoops in at the last second with a huge NIL deal, or guys that aren’t very good high school recruiters can just make up for it in the portal.

Advertisement
I want to see someone hit the transfer portal in 2Q go to halftime and come out suited up for other team in 3Q.

Markeezy's time is now *******!!
And then as that player has an impact in 3Q, the other team's boosters increase their offer dramatically. A runner is dispatched to the sideline. In a modern day 12th Man move, he rips off the jersey and rejoins is former team's sidelines in 4Q.

Then there's the possibility of a counter offer if overtime is reached.

Advertisement
In this sort of environment it is going to be very, very hard to build real depth at this position.
Once the newness wears off this portal thing, and these QBs find out they might end up at smaller schools and worse situations, if anywhere at all, they will start to stay with their original schools. The grass is not always greener on the other side, and a lot of dudes are about to find that out. Give it a few years.

And then as that player has an impact in 3Q, the other team's boosters increase their offer dramatically. A runner is dispatched to the sideline. In a modern day 12th Man move, he rips off the jersey and rejoins is former team's sidelines in 4Q.

Then there's the possibility of a counter offer if overtime is reached.
Reporter: Markeezy, that was some turn of events out there today.

Markeezy: Well, ya know, I'm doing my thing. I just want to thank God and my family. The boosters recognize what Markeezy brings to the Tiger's team.

Reporter: Uhm, what Tiger's team is that Markeezy, both teams you played for today are the Tigers.

Markeezy: Exactly, Markeezy knows whats up.

You can't put a cap on NIL payments or contracts bc the big schools will pay the legal amount and the rest illegally.

Itll be back to how it was before. There's no enforcement mechanism unfortunately. Everything is far too corrupt.

My solution:

You can't transfer until after your third year at a school, and you only get one transfer.

If there's some unique situation where you need to transfer earlier and it gets approved, you have to sit the amount of time that equates to being at the first school for 3 years.

Advertisement
Which part is ruining the game - portal or NIL?

The issue is the portal rules. Once you put controls over that, it won't be as nutty.
what rules you think? I think freshman should be lock in for a year atleast..

Yeah, you are delusional. It’s never been like this.

All the *****ing and moaning of “well coaches get to leave for other jobs”. But they leave out other teams having to pay that buyout. Right now there is nothing for a program that spends hundreds of thousands of dollars in education, room, board, travel, sports medicine, etc for the kid to then stand up and say see ya. Imagine if come March the nfl just had unlimited free agency with no salary cap, no controls other than the 53 man roster. How long until the game became unwatchable for 80-90% of the league.

This needs to be fixed or CFB will fall apart
Well, I would imagine he is referring to certain players being paid very well by certain schools all the time, while the Miami’s of the world suffered.

Any way you cut this ****, it will end up being bittersweet for us. Without it, we are irrelevant and the big cheaters keep winning big. With it, we are looking at a fighting chance, but college football as we knew it is dead.

You can't put a cap on NIL payments or contracts bc the big schools will pay the legal amount and the rest illegally.

Itll be back to how it was before. There's no enforcement mechanism unfortunately. Everything is far too corrupt.

My solution:

You can't transfer until after your third year at a school, and you only get one transfer.

If there's some unique situation where you need to transfer earlier and it gets approved, you have to sit the amount of time that equates to being at the first school for 3 years.
All true, but at least we can choose to “be in the game”…that was better than the NCAA picking favorites to me.

Advertisement
They need to go back to enforcing the player to sit out. A good rule would be forcing the player to sit out for 2-4 games rather than the whole season.

It would deter a ton of these moves. Especially in the QB world.

NCAA can't fix this until they remove the "student-athlete" title and just admit that these kids are now employees.

Advertisement
Back