Miami's Vegas over/under win total is 9

If I was going to bet, no offense, but I'd bet the under. How about you?

2020 Miami (FL) Football Schedule
Date OpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Sep. 5
Temple Football ScheduleTemple OwlsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 12
Wagner Football ScheduleWagner SeahawksHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Thursday
Sep. 17
UAB Football ScheduleUAB BlazersHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 26
Michigan State Football Scheduleat Michigan State SpartansSpartan Stadium, East Lansing, MITime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 3
Pitt Panthers Football SchedulePitt PanthersHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Friday
Oct. 9
Wake Forest Football Scheduleat Wake Forest Demon DeaconsBB&T Field, Winston-Salem, NCTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 17
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 24
North Carolina Football ScheduleNorth Carolina Tar HeelsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 31
Virginia Cavaliers Football Scheduleat Virginia CavaliersScott Stadium, Charlottesville, VATime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 7
Florida State Football ScheduleFlorida State SeminolesHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 14
Virginia Tech Football Scheduleat Virginia Tech HokiesLane Stadium, Blacksburg, VATime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 21
Georgia Tech Football Scheduleat Georgia Tech Yellow JacketsBobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GATime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 28
Duke Football ScheduleDuke Blue DevilsHard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL

Advertisement
Pretty much exactly where I’d have guessed. I took 10 wins in my prediction thread and felt like it is my most optimistic outlook in years with so many moving parts it is crazy.

Over. Both in that I have faith in this year's squad and because betting's no fun without the emotional aspect. 9+ wins? **** yeah. Sign me up and feel free to call me out after the season if we don't deliver; I won't be the only one feeling bad then. I don't care that we blew last year. King and co. can get 'em this time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Like I've been saying all offseason. If a human being who considers himself a D1 level head coach can't win at least 9 games with THAT schedule at the University of Miami, they have no business anywhere near college athletics.

So by extrapolation, the non-athletic director responsible for said hire, as well as the preceding two failed hires....HAS to be held accountable. If the program doesn't win 9 games and Blake isn't fired....I'm done with this program. It will be the ultimate indicator that the school has zero priority toward fielding a winning program.

Like I've been saying all offseason. If a human being who considers himself a D1 level head coach can't win at least 9 games with THAT schedule at the University of Miami, they have no business anywhere near college athletics.

So by extrapolation, the non-athletic director responsible for said hire, as well as the preceding two failed hires....HAS to be held accountable. If the program doesn't win 9 games and Blake isn't fired....I'm done with this program. It will be the ultimate indicator that the school has zero priority toward fielding a winning program.
Relax... it’s not like we lost to FIU 😐

Advertisement
My guess is 8-4 at best and then a loss in a bowl because of Manny.
source.gif

We lost 4 games last year due to the kicking game. That was Manny and Enos.

Lashlee and a new kicker = Over.
People seem to ignore that Borregales has gotten worse every season on PAT's and FG's. He's now entering the void of being coached by Patke. Is he 50% bad? No. But he also wasn't dealing with being coached by Patke. Something makes me think Butch takes special teams more serious than Manny. The snap and hold are important, too. Who does Miami have coaching that?

The 9 wins is based on the preseason point spread (Anyone have those numbers for each game?).

Once you know the spreads, then you run the math and get the expected wins but it is not as simple as just being expected to win every game you are favored and lose every game where you are the underdog.

Miami could theoretically be exactly an 10 point fav in all 12 games and that would work out to about 9.5 wins because the expectation is you will lose a few games you are fav in (10 pt fav win outright about 80% of the time).

A team like Bama, that might be, on average, a 19 pt fav in every game would work out to 11 wins and so on(19 point fav win about 90% of their games).

We would need to know the exact spread for each game to see how Vegas got to 9 wins.

Advertisement
People seem to ignore that Borregales has gotten worse every season on PAT's and FG's. He's now entering the void of being coached by Patke. Is he 50% bad? No. But he also wasn't dealing with being coached by Patke. Something makes me think Butch takes special teams more serious than Manny. The snap and hold are important, too. Who does Miami have coaching that?

Dane Prewitt went 5-12 on FGs in Butch’s fist year at UM.

Advertisement
Back