Miami's top DB targets

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Brini.jpg

Miami's focus at defensive back right now is on the following prospects:

Corner

Chris Henderson, Jr. - Columbus (Miami commit): 2015 Junior Year Highlights - Christopher Henderson highlights - Hudl

Shawn Davis - Southridge (UF/Miami battle): Highlights - Shawn Davis highlights - Hudl

Marco Wilson - American Heritage: Soph. highlights (sat out junior season with knee injury) Sophomore Highlight - Marco Wilson highlights - Hudl

Latavious Brini - Mater Academy (Miami lean): Junior Season Highlights - Latavious Brini highlights - Hudl

Safety

Daniel Wright - Cardinal Gibbons (FSU leads/Miami quietly in race): Junior year highlight - Daniel Wright highlights - Hudl

Amari Carter - Palm Beach Gardens (Miami in good shape/ND pushing): http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3434041/amari-carter

Billy Gibson - Southridge (Miami commit): http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5205566/billy-gibson

Cyrus F'agan - Daytona Mainland (FSU commit/Miami still on him hard): http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3901726/highlights/215491377

Juwan Burgess - Tampa Plant (Miami in good shape): http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3240052/highlights/71206375

First thing that sticks out when you watch all these guys is that they all have size and physicality. At corner, they absolutely need Henderson to stick. He will rise in the rankings before it's all said and done. He has only played five snaps in his HS career at corner, but his speed is game-changing, especially with his length. Shawn Davis is not a lockdown guy yet, but has the physical tools to become one. Marco Wilson is special. The staff's job is to convince him that Miami's issues with Quincy (his brother) were not their doing. Brini's length is imposing. He has a lot of Sheldrick Redwine in him.

At safety, you have to like the versatility of this group that Miami is after. Wright, Gibson, and Burgess have the ability to play in the box, which you will see utilized a lot more in this defense. ***an is committed to FSU, but Miami continues to stay on him. Apparently he is a big fan of Banda. Burgess plays both ways at Plant, but his upside is on defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good stuff Pete! Kerp it goin bro... I think Marco understands that with Coach Rumph leading the charge on his recruitment.. doesn't seen like he is a Top priority for Florida though

Advertisement
Good sh*t Pete!.. Confirmation of what a lot of us have been thinking. If we can pull this off- A+ DB class

Advertisement
Pete, where do we stand with Brian Edwards & Grant Delpit do we have a legit chance at landing them?

Pete, where do we stand with Brian Edwards & Grant Delpit do we have a legit chance at landing them?

Brian yes, Delpit is iffy as of right now....wouldn't bet on it. IMO Richt likes Louisiana S Todd Harris better. He's recruiting Todd himself

Is it that the staff isn't as focused on OOS talent or is this just Miami guys being Miami while writing? It's a legit question because all recruiting updates are 90% in state. Is that the direction or is the media taking us down that path?

Rumph has to close on 3 of the 4 CBs listed (or comparable talents) after last year's disaster. If he loses Brini/Davis to the Gators..... yikes.

Advertisement
Rumph has to close on 3 of the 4 CBs listed (or comparable talents) after last year's disaster. If he loses Brini/Davis to the Gators..... yikes.

We will lose at least one... Florida CB situation almost like ours...Tabor and Wilson both probably gone after this year... then they have nobody..they can sell playing time too..but i think they focused on Shaun Wade and Deon Jones first..then tryin to flip Henderson and snag Davis..we will see

Advertisement
How many we taking? With our depth issues, you would think that at least 3 corners and 2 safeties?

Pete..Is Jeff James the most under rated or over rated DB on the team..I never seen him play, but film was ridiculous, and I understand he was All State in his first year playing football...

That sucks about Roberts. I hope he ends up a Cane. The tape I have seen demonstrates a kid with a lot of fire in his belly. I don't think Diaz would ever have to worry about what Nick Roberts shows up a practice everyday. Shaq' pops has had nothing but great things to say about his desire, heart and brain. I think he knows a player when he sees one and doesn't blow smoke. Hope we see Roberts in the orange and green.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back