Miami's Recruting+ Portal Strategy

Advertisement
image-2023-12-22-194213606.png

One thing that is interesting in this transfer era is that the whole rest of the sport can be treated as a farm system re: South Florida guys they miss on initially out of HS. Missed on some 3* SFL DB who went to WVU ? Portal him back to the crib after he puts out good D1 tape.

With their current level of high school recruiting, If they do the "We are physical in the trenches and we develop" thing half as good as Michigan and Utah do then they are going to have legit championship rosters that are 1 portal QB away from winning the whole **** thing.

Advertisement
image-2023-12-22-194213606.png

One thing that is interesting in this transfer era is that the whole rest of the sport can be treated as a farm system re: South Florida guys they miss on initially out of HS. Missed on some 3* SFL DB who went to WVU ? Portal him back to the crib after he puts out good D1 tape.

With their current level of high school recruiting, If they do the "We are physical in the trenches and we develop" thing half as good as Michigan and Utah do then they are going to have legit championship rosters that are 1 portal QB away from winning the whole **** thing.

True... CFB is starting to mirror the pros in many ways.

Advertisement
I’ll say it again. Slow building for sustainability. Record doesn’t reflect the growth. Give him time. Record will improve next year. But not by a lot.
When we were struggling in the summer and later in the year when FSU was balling undefeated and a top four class I started to doubt our strategy. I wondered if portal Mike's strategy of going full portal and then bringing in top classes after you show them results ( wins) was the right approach. I remember @Hurracanes was one of the first to say " we will see which approach wins long term" . It seems that FSU is collapsing and is devoid of talent thanks to four classes thst averaged in the 20s and our strategy is about to explode with wins and pay huge dividends that will produce lasting results.

Last edited:
I’ll say it again. Slow building for sustainability. Record doesn’t reflect the growth. Give him time. Record will improve next year. But not by a lot.

I agree with the first half of your post. Not sure you are correct about the record, though. I think we'll get to 10 Ws maybe more next season. The roster is looking legit now, and will look even more so by summer camp.

Advertisement
I agree with the first half of your post. Not sure you are correct about the record, though. I think we'll get to 10 Ws maybe more next season. The roster is looking legit now, and will look even more so by summer camp.
I agree @grover we are now talking about two full Mario classes and the #7 class entering a sophomore season. That is not counting the three or so portal cycles + the fall and spring portal additions that are incoming. This team ALREADY was a 10 win team had TVD not self destructed with injuries and mental mistakes and of course the infamous kneel.

My expectations for next year is for Miami to be the best team in the ACC and make the 12 -team playoff
with 10+ wins.

Please read and share, I do a comparitive analysis and it seems the Canes strategy is built for long term and sustained growth.

Are they forgetting that Graves & Rogers were apart of that 2022 class, as well?

Are they forgetting that Graves & Rogers were apart of that 2022 class, as well?
Yeah but if I remember correctly they were already committed under Manny. I focused specifically on the guys Mario brought in which he started square one and ground zero. In other words the ones that had no prior commitment ties to the previous staff and were brought by his recruiting prowess.

Advertisement
Yeah but if I remember correctly they were already committed under Manny. I focused specifically on the guys Mario brought in which he started square one and ground zero. In other words the ones that had no prior commitment ties to the previous staff and were brought by his recruiting prowess.

Gotcha. 👍🏾

I have us at 8 wins. This year. 9 if we win the bowl game. So 10 is possible.

I have us at 8 wins. This year. 9 if we win the bowl game. So 10 is possible.

Let's revisit in August. Land Ward or one of the other top QBs, land a WR1, pick up a couple DBs, and this team should not lose more than 2 games. So your ceiling is my floor.

Advertisement
Back